GDT: Beat the Phockers: Your New Jersey Devils (3-1-1) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (3-2-1), 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
Johnsson had his best game by far. Gusev looked hot. PK who was very good last game followed it up by a real stinker. Hughes buzzing. Smith not looking as cool headed as usual.

Edit: and yeah the refs was very one-sided tonight.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Overall? Good game by the guys. Lots of chances. Hughes created some offense, the 4th line was buzzing once again. Smith's toughest game so far, but that's to be expected by young d-men once in a while and it wasn't even THAT bad. He's still been solid and I've been impressed by his poise and overall play. The young guys are progressing, that's good to see.

Keep in mind we're missing Nico, Bratt, Vats and Mac right now, and we're playing pretty damn well, can't wait till they get back, should be fun, and guys should also play a more fitting role with 3-4 huge pieces like that coming in.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
List of penalties they never called that couldve. First noticeable one was hughes being tripped at the red line in the second. Even Keith Jones and the other Flyers guy said he got cut down and no call.
Tennyson being tripped in the third, hughes being elbowed in the third, Severson having his stick held in the third

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
PK can’t hit the net to save his life. His passes lay 5 feet from their targets. If I was a coach and anyone tried a drop pass, I’d make them do laps after the game. Always move towards the net..

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
We were a post away from having a 3-2 lead in the 3rd. Hard to get too angry about this loss. Penalties absolutely killed us again, some were bs too, even more so cause the Flyers definitely took more than the only penalty that was actually called against them.

Wedgewood played well enough too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
for them Provarov was a stud. Giroux as always. They were really throwing pressure at Smith. Thought he handled it pretty well despite that gaffe on their fourth goal. Where he wasn’t really under pressure l o l

Smith’s gaffes were mostly sloppy passes and some open space indecision to my eyes. He was pressured at times but to me his mistakes were largely self inflicted.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm upset they blew it after being tied and having some great looks. I'm upset the penalty kill continues to be atrocious. But overall, not a terrible game. They showed some fight, some guys started to look better notably Johnsson looked like an NHL player in the 3rd, and it was a game they hung in when they would've folded last year.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
honestly i feel great about our team, even tonight. scoreboard was absolutely not an indication of play. we made a couple mistakes and hit a couple posts. for the most part, i liked our game.

we’re making the playoffs by the way. i believe
Why the heck not? Once we get Nico, Bratt and Vats back we will be a more talented team that is well coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad