Bears & NFL Talk LXV: Kraft's a John & Parkey is cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Cuts starting around league

Glover Quin cut by Lions and Brandon Marshall (Broncos) likely to be released by Broncos once new year for league officially starts

As soon as I saw “Cuts” I just assumed you werr talking about Cutler again and had a new nickname for him.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
You really don't know how the NFL works if you think the Bears will be letting Mitch go unless he completely stagnates these next 3 years. Even then, he's still a serviceable starter as he is now, so it would be hard to let him go regardless. You don't just let young QBs who can play walk.

Mike Glennon would be serviceable in Nagy's system.

Jock Itch Mitch is a mid tier QB. If during the 2020-2021 season he is looking to get paid 100 million, Bears need to let him walk.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yeah I heard some of that interview while I was driving yesterday. He didn't dance around it as much as I would of expected. I still think SF franchises him, though. That isn't going to pay him anymore than he would of got anyway, and it keeps the Bears out of the mix.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I hope not. But that being said the kicker was literally the weakness that everybody identified as having the biggest potential to really screw us over in the playoffs and when push came to shove that's exactly what happened.

Granted, Parkey boinking that attempt gave the offensive ineptitude that the entire team displayed a nice cover from much-deserved criticism.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I realize there have to be massive start up costs that come with starting a new league from scratch. But how can you not have cash for the 2nd week of the season? That just seems like awful planing? They couldn't have assumed they were just going to sell out games from the jump.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I realize there have to be massive start up costs that come with starting a new league from scratch. But how can you not have cash for the 2nd week of the season? That just seems like awful planing? They couldn't have assumed they were just going to sell out games from the jump.

They had to accelerate start of league to beat Vince McMahon and XFL 2.0

Once XFL starts up again it will be even bigger issue for AAF unless they can find stability and establish a dedicated fanbase

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My attitude is simple regarding sports leagues that are trying to put together a national product... no Chicago team, no interest.

That simple, sorry AAF. Sorry also XFL2. Too good for the Chicago Enforcers?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If you have 55 minutes, a very entertaining look at the most cowardly/stupid punts in recent NFL history and how they somehow didn't usually turn out horribly for the team that gave up:

Nice little shoutout to the ineffectual years of the Bears at beginning.

Also, @DisgruntledHawkFan as I know you're a fellow Jon Bois fan (I think).

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
8n8Ycsi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad