Bears & NFL Talk LXV: Kraft's a John & Parkey is cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Where was the aggressiveness on offense in the first three quarters like we saw toward the end of the game? No, let's just keep leaning on the defense to win every game for us. Guess what...they get tired sometimes and it showed toward the end of the game. This all led to the predictable ending of the game coming down to you know who...and of course he failed. I'm not even mad at Parkey right now...the Bears are the ones at fault for him still having a job here in the playoffs.
I'm happy Trubisky showed something tonight. Next year will be our year. We weren't going to New Orleans and winning IF we got out LA.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'm happy Trubisky showed something tonight. Next year will be our year. We weren't going to New Orleans and winning IF we got out LA.

I think LA would of been the tougher game. They saw the Bears a few weeks ago and can gameplan off that. They would have their warm weather. And they would of had 2 full weeks to prepare for the Bears. Last night, they probably were like - oh crap we better switch gears and get ready for the Cowboys.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
But yeah. I think Mitch showed a lot as the year went on. It's exciting to think of what he will do with a full off-season with Nagy.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
But yeah. I think Mitch showed a lot as the year went on. It's exciting to think of what he will do with a full off-season with Nagy.
This is the biggest reason I am positive this morning. He obviously wasn't perfect but he made a lot of truly great throws last night. He may have been a bit overwhelmed early but he put them in a position to win in crunch time. People kept saying one of the biggest unknowns is could Mitch, when they needed him to, drive down the field at the end of the game and put the team in a position to win. He did that.

I listened to his press conference this morning and man I love his attitude too. Kid is just such a hard worker and he wants to be great. He was leaps and bounds better this year, and this was his first year in the offense. He'll have another whole off-season to digest things and get better.

I know Nagy didn't have a great game but let's not forget he is a first year head coach. I trust him so much to work with Mitch this off-season to develop him even more.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Rooting for the Chiefs. Have a good friend that is a Chiefs fan and I like Andy Reid

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

Vic staying would make me feel so much better about the offseason

Not to mention Denver is in a really weird spot right now. Elway has one more year on his deal. I guess Kubiak would come which would solve the OC thing, but I could really see it being a bad year for the Broncos.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I still can't believe a great season went down the tubes on a freaking 43-yarder.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I still can't believe a great season went down the tubes on a freaking 43-yarder.
After Parkey's season, missing the FG didn't surprise me. However, hitting the post AGAIN was painfully hilarious. It's like God was telling us ... not this year.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
After Parkey's season, missing the FG didn't surprise me. However, hitting the post AGAIN was painfully hilarious. It's like God was telling us ... not this year.

He also hit the cross-bar. I said it to my friend after the time-out where he makes it, "watch him hit the post". I thought from the angle it may have still bounced in and had no idea until the refs waived off.

The look on Nagy's face was priceless.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Rooting for the Chiefs. Have a good friend that is a Chiefs fan and I like Andy Reid
That is gross. When I was like 10-12yo my parents drove me to KC to watch the Bolts and Dan Fouts, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson, etc. destroy the Chefs. I had Chef fans threaten me and try to start a fight with me during the game. A child. I have zero respect for that shit franchise of inbred mouth breathers after that experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad