Bears & NFL Talk LXV: Kraft's a John & Parkey is cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Bears need a primary back

Cohen is not every down back and the guy they signed is strictly a backup
Yeah ... but not for $15mn/year for multiple years.

It sounds like the Jets are backing up the brink trucks for Bell as Anthony Barr reneged on their agreement to go back to the Vikings.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah ... but not for $15mn/year for multiple years.

It sounds like the Jets are backing up the brink trucks for Bell as Anthony Barr reneged on their agreement to go back to the Vikings.

I agree

Just was pointing out that Cohen/Guy we signed is not good enough for team and if they cant get an upgrade over Howard via FA they shouldn't trade Howard

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I agree

Just was pointing out that Cohen/Guy we signed is not good enough for team and if they cant get an upgrade over Howard via FA they shouldn't trade Howard
Yeah ... sounds more rational than trying to sign Bell for big time money. RBs are the easiest to replace. OLs, DLs QBs, and CBs ... that's where your cap space should be used. History says Ryan Pace agrees.

Pace passes on Forte and passing on Howard. Now he wants Bell for a long term deal? That makes no sense. If it was a short term deal, I'd get that ... but nothing more than 2 years.

Bell is not worth a long term deal. I'd take a look at Earl Thomas if the years and money make sense. $20mn guaranteed for 2 years ... I'd take the chance. If Thomas is healthy, and that's a big if, the Bears defense would be incredible. That guy is a stud. He can tackle and no one would ever beat Jackson and Thomas deep.

Reactions: Duck Off

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah ... sounds more rational than trying to sign Bell for big time money. RBs are the easiest to replace. OLs, DLs QBs, and CBs ... that's where your cap space should be used. History says Ryan Pace agrees.

Pace passes on Forte and passing on Howard. Now he wants Bell for a long term deal? That makes no sense. If it was a short term deal, I'd get that ... but nothing more than 2 years.

Bell is not worth a long term deal. I'd take a look at Earl Thomas if the years and money make sense. $20mn guaranteed for 2 years ... I'd take the chance. If Thomas is healthy, and that's a big if, the Bears defense would be incredible. That guy is a stud. He can tackle and no one would ever beat Jackson and Thomas deep.

Ingram and Thomas is my hope for free agency. Trade Howard. I think he’s terrible

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Need to address WR depth and TE issue this offseason

TE is becoming concern with Burton inconsistent performance and fact Adam Shaheen cant be depended on at this point and when healthy hasn't shown much

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

I mean, most NFL deals, even big ones, only have like 3 years guaranteed. It's not that long term.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I mean, most NFL deals, even big ones, only have like 3 years guaranteed. It's not that long term.
Yes ... even the shortest contract for good players are usually 2.5 years guaranteed (buyout option). It's just wishful thinking on my part.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Need to address WR depth and TE issue this offseason

TE is becoming concern with Burton inconsistent performance and fact Adam Shaheen cant be depended on at this point and when healthy hasn't shown much

The Bears are counting in Shaheen this year. I don't know how smart it is ... but they are. Burton should be fine. I think it was overblown. They extended the Ben kid from Harvard. Maybe they re sign Brown.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Burton vanished for large stretches of year and had same issues in Philly and depending on Shaheen is same mistake we made with White in past
I think Burton's thing was overblown. He had anxiety issues last year with the Eagles. He never said it was the issue for the playoffs. He freely gave up the information himself. It wasn't like he was trying to hide it. If he's this honest then, why would you think he's be lying now?

Burton threw one of the biggest passes ever in the Super Bowl, I think he'll be okay.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I'd be OK with Bell. It would certainly be exciting.

Mitch would have a ton of weapons...
- Established = Robinson, Cohen, Bell
- Role players = Miller, Gabriel, Burton
- Upside = Shaheen, Wims

Last edited:
Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The more I think about it, the more I'd be OK with Bell. It would certainly be exciting.

Mitch would have a ton of weapons...
- Establish = Robinson, Cohen, Bell
- Role players = Miller, Gabriel, Burton
- Upside = Shaheen, Wims

Give Trubisky as many weapons as possible right now. Hopefully it helps him max out his potential and in later years he can do more with less like Rodgers and that money can be spent on the defense and his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad