Bears & NFL Talk LXV: Kraft's a John & Parkey is cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So the Bay Area will have the San Francisco Giants of Santa Clara and the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders of San Francisco next year....

No actually they will have the

San Francisco 49ers of Santa Clara and the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders of San Francisco

Still not at all as strange as the New York Giants and New York Jets playing in East Rutherford , New Jersey

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Dumb typo on my part.

But yeah, the Giants/Jets situation is funny, but at least they're still in the same fanbase market. This would be akin to the Jets moving to Providence, Rhode Island.

Almost makes me wish that during the whole Rams brewhaha that a proposal to build a stadium for them in East St. Louis had more traction.

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Now that NFL offseason is officially here

How should Bears go about things?

WR depth and an upgrade at TE should be focus of offense in offseason. TE especially was issue the 2nd half of season as Burton went MIA and well at this point Sheehan has shown very little when healthy and seems to always be hurt

On D things will depend on Callahan though I wouldn't be against bringing in another safety to challenge Amos

And our kicker must be released once it is allowed (I believe new NFL year starts officially in March)

Amos is a free agent. Bears need to replace him and Callahan. They need to try to trade Howard for a mid-round pick and also need to draft a running back in the later rounds. Obviously kicker is a huge need.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yep Michel is a far better RB who will need to develop his pass catching skills in years to come. White is limited as a RB (Thus why Pats selected Michel in 1st round) but is far better out of backfield as pass catcher

They worked well as a 1-2 duo posing issues to defenses because of contract of style of play

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Right, essentially Michel is Jordan Howard and White is Tariq Cohen. My point was Michel is good but he's not some super dynamic back. Him and White more or less split snaps based on situation.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Right, essentially Michel is Jordan Howard and White is Tariq Cohen. My point was Michel is good but he's not some super dynamic back. Him and White more or less split snaps based on situation.

Only in the sense that currently that’s how he’s utilized. Michel can catch the ball just fine. If they lost White Michel would be able to catch the ball just fine. Unsure how they compare in pass protection, though.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Only in the sense that currently that’s how he’s utilized. Michel can catch the ball just fine. If they lost White Michel would be able to catch the ball just fine. Unsure how they compare in pass protection, though.

Can he? I'm not so sure to be honest.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yes. He really has never had a role where he’s been asked to catch the call a lot. I’m not saying he’s the next Sproles or anything, but he’s not as terrible as Howard is at it either.

It's obviously a small sample size (11 targets, 7 catches in the regular season), but he had a drop yesterday as well. I tend to think they don't throw it to him because he's not a good receiver.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Bears could have beat either of those teams yesterday. Rams on Offense were hot garbage and Pats were off as well. Brady had several throws that should have been intercepted. Goff looked like a deer in headlights most of the game.

Pats definitely had the crowd advantage which didn't help either.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sure, at our best we could've beaten them yesterday.

Too bad we **** the bed utterly against the Eagles, so we don't have a leg to stand on. We lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team lost to the team that won it all, whoop de do. We technically were the furthest playoff team from winning it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It's obviously a small sample size (11 targets, 7 catches in the regular season), but he had a drop yesterday as well. I tend to think they don't throw it to him because he's not a good receiver.

I’m going off of how he looked at UGA when he was their best pass catching option out of the backfield for 2 seasons when he did just fine then.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Raiders will be playing in SF next year in AT&T Park (Giants stadium) before moving on to Vegas in 2020 (Stadium is supposed to be finished in summer of 2020)

Odd choice as NFL was pushing for them to go share stadium with 49ers but at least Raider fans will get one more year of being able to see team in Bay Area

Love this venue, will be interesting to see Football played there.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Love this venue, will be interesting to see Football played there.

Bears play @ Raiders next year.

May need to make a weekend out of that because I’ve always wanted to go to that stadium. Although I don’t care for San Francisco one bit. One of my least favorite cities I’ve ever visited.

Wait, isn’t the Bears/Raiders game in London? Come on!!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

May need to make a weekend out of that because I’ve always wanted to go to that stadium. Although I don’t care for San Francisco one bit. One of my least favorite cities I’ve ever visited.

Isn't that the game they are playing in London?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Wait, isn’t the Bears/Raiders game in London? Come on!!

I'm not all that well traveled but I did really enjoy the weekend I spent in SF a few years back. Curious what you didn't like about it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm not all that well traveled but I did really enjoy the weekend I spent in SF a few years back. Curious what you didn't like about it.

It was filthy and just didn’t like the overall vibe of it.

Had some great food, but hated spending time in the actual city.

We also went to Santa Rosa while there and went off the beaten path and loved where we went while there. The touristy areas of SR were pretty awful too, though.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
When I picked the Patriots to win, I couldn't get the Bears game against the Rams out of my head. Who would of known the Super Bowl would be so similar. Goff looked bad in both games.

That's what I kept thinking too. It's like if the defense blows up the Rams o-line and gets to Goff, they had no plan B. Not sure where the media-hyped McVay genius was.....he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Reactions: Sarava

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It was filthy and just didn’t like the overall vibe of it.

Had some great food, but hated spending time in the actual city.

We also went to Santa Rosa while there and went off the beaten path and loved where we went while there. The touristy areas of SR were pretty awful too, though.

It is pretty dirty. To be fair, when I'm thinking about my San Fran trip I'm including a few things that weren't in the actual city like Napa wineries and Muir Woods. Still, I loved Alcatraz and enjoyed the city. It was also a last hurrah so to speak. We found out we were pregnant a few weeks later, so I might be a bit nostalgic about that, lol.

Reactions: RayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad