Bears & NFL Talk LXII: Down goes the Rams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think they've done an especially bad job with Rodgers. They just have't properly stocked him with the weapons that he deserved.

He’s had plenty of weapons over the last 10 years. Driver, Nelson, Jennings, Cobb, Adams, 2-3 great seasons each from Lacy and Grant.

This whole Rodgers hasn’t had weapons is a bunch of crap.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think they've done an especially bad job with Rodgers. They just have't properly stocked him with the weapons that he deserved.

To be far to Sherman and McCarthy

Favre threw away the playoff game vs Rams with 6 INT's including 3 returned for TD during Sherman era and we all remember when Brett threw away the game vs Giants in NFC Champ game under McCarthy the final game of Brett's GB career if I recall correctly

Favre playoff failures were numerous and costly. Remember what happened in NFC Champ game as Viking

Favre threw away some big games but for some reason never gets called out on it with regard to his legacy

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
He’s had plenty of weapons over the last 10 years. Driver, Nelson, Jennings, Cobb, Adams, 2-3 great seasons each from Lacy and Grant.

This whole Rodgers hasn’t had weapons is a bunch of crap.

I mean, he makes most of those guys way better than what they are. But yeah, offense hasn’t been the issue for his teams.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The Packers as an organization won a whopping two Super Bowls in the Favre/Rodgers eras. Sorry, you don't get credit for being well-run or coached when you essentially did the bare minimum there with generational talents behind center.

A competent organization would've won a helluva lot more with them.

Yup. 100% this.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I mean, he makes most of those guys way better than what they are. But yeah, offense hasn’t been the issue for his teams.

Yes he makes them better, but it’s not like they didn’t invest anything into the offense. These were mostly second and third round picks.

And I think that’s how it should be with an elite QB like him. Get some good options for your elite QB and let him make those good players into elite players.

Bad coaching has been their downfall.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yes he makes them better, but it’s not like they didn’t invest anything into the offense. These were mostly second and third round picks.

And I think that’s how it should he with an elite QB like him. Get some good options for your elite QB and let him make those good players into elite players.

Bad coaching has been their downfall.

Indeed. I will say - some of this year has been on Rodgers. He’s having an incredibly average year. But I feel like there’s some things not going well in the locker room right now, and sometimes things just need a massive overhaul. McCarthy’s time was up, and it seems like the team was feeling that as well.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Indeed. I will say - some of this year has been on Rodgers. He’s having an incredibly average year. But I feel like there’s some things not going well in the locker room right now, and sometimes things just need a massive overhaul. McCarthy’s time was up, and it seems like the team was feeling that as well.

I hope they hire Hue Jackson.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I hope they hire Hue Jackson.

You shut your mouth!

In all honesty, they’ll probably go for some recycled NFL coach and mess this all up, when they really should be going after an innovative younger coach - like a Jeff Brohm or Lincoln Riley.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Bears lost turnover battle and Chase Daniels (specially on that last drive in OT, LOL!!!) showed why in 10 seasons of NFL play, he's only started 3 games. Kudos to him. He's pocketed millions by being a career clip holder.

IF the Bears lose to the Rams next week....uh oh

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

God forbid they actually give that guy an offensive mind to get some of his shit weapons open schematically....

OT: But Phillip Rivers is expecting his 9th child... :eek:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The problem with losing yesterday is it was a game the Bears should have won based on the opponent. The Vikings lost too, but they lost to an opponent they should have lost to. The Bears should be up 2.5 games but since it is still 1.5, it very well could come down to the last game to determine the division. The Bears play the Rams and the Vikings play Seattle in Seattle - we need Seattle to win that game.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
There was a lot to not like in the game yesterday and the obvious is Daniel's game. But I'm going to put major blame on Whitehair with all the bad snaps. The running game depends on timing to work and there were several bad snaps that Daniel had to jump/reach for that messed up the timing and ruined the play. Daniel also fumbled the ball twice on the snap and the one that went between his knees was a 50/50 blame on center/QB. Slick ball? I suppose but Manning and the Giant's center didn't have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad