Bears & NFL Talk LXII: Down goes the Rams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
And this brings up another point. With Mitch's aggressive style of play, constantly scrambling and not sliding safely on many of his scrambles - he's probably going to get injured often. And you aren't going to beat any playoff team with Chase Daniel.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
There's been speculation since the Thanksgiving game that they might sit him to make sure he is healthy, especially since it was an opponent they thought they could beat with Daniel. I don't know what's true. None of us do.

Speculation. Exactly. So just like me you have no idea how ready he was or wasn’t to play today. Just because his shoulder can throw a ball doesn’t mean he is ready to take a hit.

You’re making a fuss over something you don’t have nearly enough facts on.

Want to criticize Nagy for today? Then critisize his decision to take that timeout.

And this brings up another point. With Mitch's aggressive style of play, constantly scrambling and not sliding safely on many of his scrambles - he's probably going to get injured often. And you aren't going to beat any playoff team with Chase Daniel.

He got injured in a late dirty hit by a player who to my knowledge has a track record of dirty hits....

Prior to that play he hasn’t really been hit much due to scrambling. He’s been great at avoiding hits and he just seems to have something special in him to know when to slide/dive to avoid taking a hit.

How many teams out there are going to win a playoff game with their backup quarterback? I’ll take a guess and say about exactly zero.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Speculation. Exactly. So just like me you have no idea how ready he was or wasn’t to play today. Just because his shoulder can throw a ball doesn’t mean he is ready to take a hit.

You’re making a fuss over something you don’t have nearly enough facts on.

Want to criticize Nagy for today? Then critisize his decision to take that timeout.

He got injured in a late dirty hit by a player who to my knowledge has a track record of dirty hits....

Prior to that play he hasn’t really been hit much due to scrambling. He’s been great at avoiding hits and he just seems to have something special in him to know when to slide/dive to avoid taking a hit.

How many teams out there are going to win a playoff game with their backup quarterback? I’ll take a guess and say about exactly zero.

Oh you're argumentative tonight. I didn't make a fuss. It was one statement and I made it clear that I don't know how injured or healthy he really is.

Oh and a certain team won the Super Bowl last year with a backup :laugh:

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Oh you're argumentative tonight. I didn't make a fuss. It was one statement and I made it clear that I don't know how injured or healthy he really is.

Oh and a certain team won the Super Bowl last year with a backup :laugh:

Maybe I read your post incorrectly then but it came across as a condescending post towards Nagy and the decision to bench Trubisky. I mean come on you don’t think Nagy would have preferred to have Trubisky out there? Saying he was trying to be too cute with this decision is just moronic to me. Especially against a Giants team that had been a little better of late no less. The Bears chances of making the playoffs is great right now, and the bye wasn’t likely. To have any chance of making any noise in the playoffs Trubisky needs to be healthy.

I don’t see how all of that isn’t painfully obvious. So anyone to me who criticized the decision to make him inactivate without knowing how healthy he is or isn’t comes across as someone who is just looking for something to complain about. Not to mention criticizing a guy for getting hurt on a late and dirty hit that resulted in a flag.

That’s true, although Nick Foles is concsierably better than your average backup and that team was carried by the defense in the playoffs were they not.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
On the bright side it doesn’t look like we’ll lose any ground in the division. The Bears are 8-4 and have had to start their backup QB twice. Still have a few easily winnable games on the schedule, too. The future is bright for this already very good team, that is one of the youngest teams in the league. It’s hard IMO to complain about where this team is currently, where they look like they’re headed, and the hands that this team is in down from the front office to the QB.

blondu

Jun 3, 2016
On the bright side it doesn’t look like we’ll lose any ground in the division. The Bears are 8-4 and have had to start their backup QB twice. Still have a few easily winnable games on the schedule, too. The future is bright for this already very good team, that is one of the youngest teams in the league. It’s hard IMO to complain about where this team is currently, where they look like they’re headed, and the hands that this team is in down from the front office to the QB.
One san fran easy game, 3 hard games still..

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
He won SB with them

I think they should have given him a little more respect/dignity then firing him in season when there is no real reason to do it

Only 4 games left and Packers are dead in water

Lol give me a break. That was 7 years ago. And 1 is pretty weak for having a QB such as Rodgers, to be honest. What’s the point in delaying the inevitable?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Maybe I read your post incorrectly then but it came across as a condescending post towards Nagy and the decision to bench Trubisky. I mean come on you don’t think Nagy would have preferred to have Trubisky out there? Saying he was trying to be too cute with this decision is just moronic to me. Especially against a Giants team that had been a little better of late no less. The Bears chances of making the playoffs is great right now, and the bye wasn’t likely. To have any chance of making any noise in the playoffs Trubisky needs to be healthy.

I don’t see how all of that isn’t painfully obvious. So anyone to me who criticized the decision to make him inactivate without knowing how healthy he is or isn’t comes across as someone who is just looking for something to complain about. Not to mention criticizing a guy for getting hurt on a late and dirty hit that resulted in a flag.

That’s true, although Nick Foles is concsierably better than your average backup and that team was carried by the defense in the playoffs were they not.

Honestly this discussion isn't worth all this effort.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Packers as an organization won a whopping two Super Bowls in the Favre/Rodgers eras. Sorry, you don't get credit for being well-run or coached when you essentially did the bare minimum there with generational talents behind center.

A competent organization would've won a helluva lot more with them.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Brock Osweiler and Eli Manning

This team was never going to go 16-0.... so if the 4 games they’ve lost have come twice on the road in OT (and one with a backup QB), a close game against NE, and a game they gave away against Green Bay with a rookie head coach and a QB with a brand new coach and scheme.... yeah, not an awful spot to be.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The Packers as an organization won a whopping two Super Bowls in the Favre/Rodgers eras. Sorry, you don't get credit for being well-run or coached when you essentially did the bare minimum there with generational talents behind center.

A competent organization would've won a helluva lot more with them.

I think they've done an especially bad job with Rodgers. They just have't properly stocked him with the weapons that he deserved.

Reactions: clydesdale line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad