OT: Bears & NFL Talk 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Ewers going back to Texas for the 2024 college season.

Let's see if JJ does the same so all the top QB prospects in 2024 will be guys who weren't going to be picked high in 2023.

Reactions: TLEH

BRayne

May 5, 2011
I'm not as out on Eberflus as some. I worry that he needs a great 3T for him system to work, and if he doesn't have that I think he needs to be a lot more on with blitzing than he has been, because good QBs with good lines pick that zone defense apart (again, except Goff for whatever reason).

Next year is big. I don't know where the team would get a 3T from (unless they splash for Chris Jones, which actually could happen), and the defense getting picked apart by good offenses would be a bad look for both Eberflus and Poles.

Then again, as I noted after the press conference, I don't think Eberflus is as dead set on calling the defense as it was reported earlier.

Jer'Zhan Newton might be in consideration at 9 if Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers are all gone by then.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He’s 6’2 295. How big do you think 4-3 3 techniques are?
I'm saying I think he's too small for Poles to pick him. I don't think it's a coincidence that Poles' top picked defensive tackles so far have been 6'6 and 6'4. Eberflus's system worked with 6'7 Buckner.

Chris Jones is "only" 1 inch, 20lbs bigger (listed, i don't believe Newton plays at 295lbs), but he has long ass arms.

Newton is just not very big all around. I think he'll be a good player, but he would be a very different player from everyone else Poles has picked on the line.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I feel pretty certain one of Odunze and Nabers will be available there. Receivers generally fall further than fans expect, and most teams above them are either QB needy, tackle needy, or both.
Nabers is going to be special, elite YAC, like 50% of his receptions went for 15+, 4 yards per team pass attempt which is best ever in LSU history, only 20 and will not be 21 until mid-late summer...you pair him with Caleb and they're gonna cook, he could potentially be a cheat code type weapon ala Tyreke if he hits his 99th percentile outcome...that said I don't see Poles as a prioritize WR over a OL/DE type of guy when they're both needs

Reactions: Pez68

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Nabers is going to be special, elite YAC, 4 yards per team pass attempt which is best ever in LSU history, only 20 and will not be 21 until mid-late summer...you pair him with Caleb and they're gonna cook, he could potentially be a cheat code type weapon ala Tyreke if he hits his 99th percentile outcome
Oh, I like him too, no doubt. But at the moment, the only 2 things that need to happen for him to be there at #9 is for two of Bowers/Odunze/Verse/Turner/Latu/Fuaga to go above him (making the not super bold assumption that Williams/Maye/Daniels/MHJ/Alt/Fashanu go to 6 of the first 7 teams).

It's not impossible. Deep WR class, much more so than QB, Edge and OT.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Oh, I like him too, no doubt. But at the moment, the only 2 things that need to happen for him to be there at #9 is for two of Bowers/Odunze/Verse/Turner/Latu/Fuaga to go above him (making the not super bold assumption that Williams/Maye/Daniels/MHJ/Alt/Fashanu go to 6 of the first 7 teams).

Some CB will work his way into the top 10

Reactions: Romang67

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Last year was a deep at WR... not too much drop off from JSN to the third round, the year before was huge at the top, and a ton of intriguing, toolsy guys in rounds 2-4. This year though, I don't think there is much after the first 4-5 guys. Edge might get a starter in the early 2nd round.

Good draft for O-line and CB depth

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Last year was a deep at WR... not too much drop off from JSN to the third round, the year before was huge at the top, and a ton of intriguing, toolsy guys in rounds 2-4. This year though, I don't think there is much after the first 4-5 guys. Edge might get a starter in the early 2nd round.

Good draft for O-line and CB depth
Remind me to respond to this.

Reactions: TLEH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad