OT: Bears & NFL Talk 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
My takeaways from the game;

Herbert could have worn the Bears jersey last night and it wouldn't have helped.

Velas Jones needs to go, his being here after the way he has played for 2 seasons sends a bad message to the other players.

How does a defensive lineman not cleanly beat your guy at least once or twice a game? You have SEVEN days to prepare against your guy! They all just line up and wrestle with the guy across from them. Brutal

Why do our blitzers always run into a 10 man scrum and get swallowed up?

How does big money Kmet have so many false starts. Unacceptable.

I can accept unathletic but I cannot accept stupid play (in any sport, study your craft, man!) and this is a very stupid team

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears with yet another game without a sack or turnover

I think it's borderline impossible to evaluate anyone right now. This team is just so f***ing flawed, and there are so many problems from one series to another... I hate being a Bears' fan.

Disagree

We can all agree that Velus Jones Jr has more than proven at this point he should not be on an NFL roster.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hey, I at least get to root for one good football team. Went to see my alma mater, DePauw, crush Kenyon to keep their undefeated season running on Saturday.

The only thing that matters is if DePauw retains the Monon Bell versus Wabash next week, though.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Ok, so the Bears allegedly granted him permission to seek a trade. I'm about to go BWC on them. What is going on here? I think JJ is one of the top shutdown cb's in football. And the turnovers will probably come more when they get a pass rush that can force quicker throws. But even still his opposing qbr has been awesome.

Reactions: Pez68 and ClydeLee

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Snooping around, it sounds like the Niners, Cowboys and Bills want him and supposedly the compensation would be a 2nd round pick at best. Obviously that would be a low 2nd from any of these 3 teams. Just sign him you cheapskates.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I personally think he's overrated by Bears fans. Not nearly one of the top 5 corners in the league to command that type of money like he thinks he is. His 2 INTs (the 2 turnovers he posted for the first time in 3 years) were against 2 backup QBs. He doesn't force turnovers of any kind (can't force a fumble to save his life) and also has glass shoulders.

But with a team with little talent as it is (and so far Poles draft history for corners is spotty at best so far) they probably need to secure the more reliable player.

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I personally think he's overrated by Bears fans. Not nearly one of the top 5 corners in the league to command that type of money like he thinks he is. His 2 INTs (the 2 turnovers he posted for the first time in 3 years) were against 2 backup QBs. He doesn't force turnovers of any kind (can't force a fumble to save his life) and also has glass shoulders.

But with a team with little talent as it is (and so far Poles draft history for corners is spotty at best so far) they probably need to secure the more reliable player.

Jaylen is the second best player on the Bears (which is a sad state of affairs for the roster) and Poles cannot afford to create another hole on a roster, when he hasn't even fill the holes he created already. I

Now if you can get two 2nd round picks for him, then do it...but short of that....you cannot trade Jaylon Johnson.

Reactions: Pez68

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

He’s a nice player. But one I wouldn’t give a top ten position salary to. That being said I would love a nice 3-4 year deal that pays him not elite corner money but the prices below that.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He plays corner on a team that has fewer sacks than games played. He's head and shoulders better than any CB Poles has drafted. Not signing him when you have 100m+ in space and he's a home grown player performing well in a contract year is sending a bad message.

You already sent a bad message when you didn't pay Roquan (which I was fine with) but then went out and paid 24 million for two off ball linebackers that haven't played near as good as Roquan.

Poles has done a pretty shit job in my opinion and unless the ask from JJ is like 23M, its a dumb move.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I like JJ and would be sad to see him go but without knowing how much money he's asking for, or what the Bears could get back in trade, hard for me to criticize. Also don't know just how much they like T Smith and if maybe they feel Smith can give 90 % of JJ's production at 20% of the cost.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I’m choosing to believe they’re letting him gage his value, they’ll franchise him and resign him this summer

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I like JJ and would be sad to see him go but without knowing how much money he's asking for, or what the Bears could get back in trade, hard for me to criticize. Also don't know just how much they like T Smith and if maybe they feel Smith can give 90 % of JJ's production at 20% of the cost.
They would be wrong.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's just such a typical Bears move not to be able to come to a deal with home grown talent. It doesn't matter who the head asshole in charge is, he's still an asshole. They hire the same type of management every single time we go through this, and find themselves coming back full circle every time. I, too, am about done with this franchise. Might be shopping for a football and baseball team to root for in the next few months.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It's just such a typical Bears move not to be able to come to a deal with home grown talent. It doesn't matter who the head asshole in charge is, he's still an asshole. They hire the same type of management every single time we go through this, and find themselves coming back full circle every time. I, too, am about done with this franchise. Might be shopping for a football and baseball team to root for in the next few months.
Im going to be rooting for the Dolphins. Go Mike McDaniels.

Bears 2nd round pick for Chase Young! Another 2nd for a Chase! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad