OT: Bears & NFL Talk 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Well is a massive overstatement. He has ran into a few sacks. Yes. Maybe 2 or 3. The interior OL is legit terrible and Braxton Jones has been best clean 1 or 2 times, same with Wright.
He has now taken 10 sacks this season, 9 of which have come after 4+ seconds.
•Since 2021, he has taken 79 of those sacks (4+ sec), 16 more than any QB in the NFL
•For reference, over Fields' career, he's taken 101 sacks. So, about 80% of his sacks are after four seconds of standing in the pocket

• Wow
Reactions: Pez68

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I know this is hyperbole, but man.... if we bottom out with the worst record again and I'm Caleb Williams, I think about staying at USC another year.

I know that's an absurd risk for his future earnings potential, but so would putting his development future in Halas Hall's hands.

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I know this is hyperbole, but man.... if we bottom out with the worst record again and I'm Caleb Williams, I think about staying at USC another year.

I know that's an absurd risk for his future earnings potential, but so would putting his development future in Halas Hall's hands.

I dont see how one could pass being #1 pick (If Bears or a team in need of QB is at #1)

Look at mistake Barkley made

I think it would be foolish for him or any prospect to pass up being #1 pick in draft and take the risks of another year in school (Both injury and performance decline risks)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont see how one could pass being #1 pick (If Bears or a team in need of QB is at #1)

I think it would be foolish for him or any prospect to pass up being #1 pick in draft and take the risks of another year in school (Both injury and performance decline risks)
I never get people thinking Barkley was gonna go that high, he was clearly flawed and just had great weapons from the getgo. People high on him reminded me of people high on Clausen. They weren't NFL elite, just throwing to wide open or elite TEs & WRs.

Luck went back when he as a legit #1 candidate, so did Peyton Manning.

But if they get Willams or whoever with a top pick, I hope they have Fields still to start and let the rookie spend all his time learning how to have great mechanics, footwork, what to read pre/post snap, etc. As much as they can so they're not starting anew learning that after already being a starter.

Reactions: hawksrule

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Worked out for Peyton Manning. Typical Jets. Top pick instead was Keyshawn Johnson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He has now taken 10 sacks this season, 9 of which have come after 4+ seconds.
•Since 2021, he has taken 79 of those sacks (4+ sec), 16 more than any QB in the NFL
•For reference, over Fields' career, he's taken 101 sacks. So, about 80% of his sacks are after four seconds of standing in the pocket
Fields needs to show the Bears that he can throw from the pocket and read defences and go through his progressions. They have to decide on his 5th year option this off-season. Which isn't the end of the world, if they pick it up and then have to move him.
Just won't get much for him if it turns out that they shouldn't have picked it up.

Plus, it's a fairly deep QB draft and they should have 2 picks in to the top 10. So, they'd like to know clearly, whether or not they should bank on Fields or draft someone else.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Fields needs to show the Bears that he can throw from the pocket and read defences and go through his progressions. They have to decide on his 5th year option this off-season. Which isn't the end of the world, if they pick it up and then have to move him.
Just won't get much for him if it turns out that they shouldn't have picked it up.

Plus, it's a fairly deep QB draft and they should have 2 picks in to the top 10. So, they'd like to know clearly, whether or not they should bank on Fields or draft someone else.
Fields ain't it. He's never had the mental processing ability to go through progressions

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fields ain't it. He's never had the mental processing ability to go through progressions
Limits the offence if he doesn’t. He can run but that only takes you so far. They got him Moore on the outside. Have depth at RB. Drafted an OL in round 1.
Organization is willing to sacrifice wins to find out if Fields is their guy or not. They know the running will be there. Just want to know if he can make the reads. Him passing up 2 different WR running down the middle of the field and then running up the middle into a sack is a SMH moment for the organization. They are over coaching him in game cause they can see in practice that he’s not quite getting it.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
I think the whole "go through the progressions" mantra is what confuses him. Maybe he doesn't realize it's not necessary if choice 1 is open. Fire the ball to the 1st open guy you find!

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
You guys watch the Bears. Should I start Fields or Love in fantasy football tomorrow?

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Well considering the Bears mess up every 1st rd QB they've taken this century, I would make it mandatory for the Bears to pass on a QB. They WILL mess up Williams or Maye or whomever they take.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad