OT: Bears & NFL Talk 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I don’t care how far the bears trade back this year. Trade back fives times. This team is so untalented they need a huge amount of assets to turn this thing around. Get 1st round picks next year from the colts, Texans and panthers. You know those teams will be picking in the top ten. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Texans picking number 1.

Don’t blow the bank on free agency either. Be smart as invest in key positions
They need to add one impact offensive and one impact defensive lineman in free agency. And get one of each high in draft too. Jenkins is our only impact O lineman (not a fan of Braxton Jones who I think is mediocre.) Have zero on d line, Justin Jones is an okay rotational player, rest of D line is bush league.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Like the indy option best, then raiders
I agree. I think several teams will want Bryce Young. So if you take the Texans trade, with the thought of moving down further - that might not be so easy to do. The Bears need to make it hurt for Houston to trade up from #2.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
You trade down 3 times. 1st w the Texans. Then find one other team that wants Levis, call Indy and say xxx wants your guy. They move up to 2. The 3rd QB is still there at 4. … someone will bite.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Bears should keep the pick in case another team takes D. My draft list for the Bears:

1. Jalen Carter, DT
2. Will Anderson, Jr, Edge
3. Tyree Wilson, Edge
4. Myles Murphy, Edge
5. Devin Witherspoon, CB, IL
6. Christian Gonzalez, CB

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The Bears should keep the pick in case another team takes D. My draft list for the Bears:

1. Jalen Carter, DT
3. Tyree Wilson, Edge
4. Myles Murphy, Edge

Keep the 1OA? That might be the worst possible idea I've ever heard, considering they can get at least 2 impact starters for it, instead of 1. Just... :laugh:

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Keep the 1OA? That might be the worst possible idea I've ever heard, considering they can get at least 2 impact starters for it, instead of 1. Just... :laugh:
It's this type of thinking that keeps the Bears down and why we've never had a great QB in the SB era and only won one SB. Good GMs have drafted D 1OA before. If we follow your advice and lose Carter, I'm going to quote your post again.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's this type of thinking that keeps the Bears down and why we've never had a great QB in the SB era and only won one SB. Good GMs have drafted D 1OA before. If we follow your advice and lose Carter, I'm going to quote your post again.

Cool story bro. You do that.

:laugh:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

1. Jalen Carter, DT
3. Tyree Wilson, Edge
4. Myles Murphy, Edge
Carter has a rep for taking plays off. That scares me with the #1OA.

I'm on the extreme other side of your point of view. I'd love them to trade down, maybe even in to the teens if the right trades are there. Load up the #1's and #2's over the next couple of years. Trust the scouts and our new GM to make a kick ass roster.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm not following the connection between drafting a defensive player first overall and the Bears trash QB play.

My Browns drafted an edge rusher first overall in recent memory. He's amazing.

QB is still very much a question mark.

And that's with having nothing at QB instead of an incredibly gifted young QB like Justin Fields in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad