OT: Bears & NFL Talk 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Fields was fine Cutler was the best QB we have ever had, and he would get absolutely destroyed by Greenbay, almost every single time.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
As nice of a thought as that is I’m not sure they’re even close to considering that. Nagy has made the playoffs 2 of 3 years, career record is 31-23, and he’s never finished under .500.
Of course they're not, because ownership and management are incompetent. These are the people that looked at the 6 game losing streak last year in a positive light "because it showed they didn't lose the team" when they beat a couple tomato cans at the end of the season.

Sure, the overall record hasn't been bad but that's buoyed by a single good season where Fangio orchestrated an elite defensive year. That first year he admitted he did not do a single thing with the defense.

Here is the offensive DVOA rankings our "guru" has given us...

2018 - 20th
2019 - 25th
2020 - 25th
2021 - 31st (at least from what I can tell, it looks like it's subscribed locked now)

He road the coattails of Fangio and the defense. His offense has almost always sucked. His two main jobs were to develop Mitch and to have a good offense. He failed at both.

He's a fraud and even if ownership/management don't want to see it, he needs to go for the good of Fields and the franchise.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I thought the main two jobs of a HC were win and be a HC, regardless of what side of ball their structural focus came from first.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Yea, i dont think lazor is a good oc or playcaller, i just think nagy is an exceptionally bad one. Hes in his 4th year now and has never shown an ability to put an offense on the field that can score points consistently. My only fear is that if they fire him midseason that pace will stick around and get to pick another coach. Personally, i think hes a worse gm than nagy is a hc.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I thought the main two jobs of a HC were win and be a HC, regardless of what side of ball their structural focus came from first.
It's almost like you can analyze a situation beyond simply wins and losses and come to a more meaningful conclusion!

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Are there more fights at games now or is this always the case? I haven’t been in a fight in probably 5 years now and it feels great. I figured grown men would have grown out of that immature crap. Some guys just want to drink beer and throw fists though, nothing you can do about it except be prepared and avoid a fight when you can.

That dude in the purple shirt look like his head got caved in when he was on his knees. He’s what, in his 50’s at least? What a stupid f***ing way to risk a major head injury.

An angry society + a group of meatheads that missed a year+ of sportsball games in most areas and we are probably going to see a ton of ridiculous fights.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Of course they're not, because ownership and management are incompetent. These are the people that looked at the 6 game losing streak last year in a positive light "because it showed they didn't lose the team" when they beat a couple tomato cans at the end of the season.

Sure, the overall record hasn't been bad but that's buoyed by a single good season where Fangio orchestrated an elite defensive year. That first year he admitted he did not do a single thing with the defense.

Here is the offensive DVOA rankings our "guru" has given us...

2018 - 20th
2019 - 25th
2020 - 25th
2021 - 31st (at least from what I can tell, it looks like it's subscribed locked now)

He road the coattails of Fangio and the defense. His offense has almost always sucked. His two main jobs were to develop Mitch and to have a good offense. He failed at both.

He's a fraud and even if ownership/management don't want to see it, he needs to go for the good of Fields and the franchise.

I don’t disagree man. Weird to think Fangio being so good at his job screwed this team over haha, and then he went on to be a bad head coach anyway.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's almost like you can analyze a situation beyond simply wins and losses and come to a more meaningful conclusion!
But I wouldn't call that the main focus or main job.

But also I constantly try see many bears fans with that attitude say, pace isterrible, Nagy is terrible, the offense is terrible, the defense is terrible, and DCs were terrible... yet somehow they're continually in this phase at worst an even record team. There is a difference between the horrid efforts of teams like the Lions and Jets and all. Something has to give, something has to be wrong in these assessments.

There is no distinguishing mediocrity and terrible ineptness when there's quite clear distinctions.

On average a HC in the NFL lasts around 3 seasons has 1 playoff year with no playoff wins. That's what average is, which is basically what Nagy is only a 2nd playoff game in a new wild card add. But in all regards as a HC, that's remarkably average.

The failures don't even know how to succeed when they have advantages in an average way.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Hard question:
Ahead of the of league trade deadline on 2 Nov at 4 PM EST would you trade any pieces from our O or D units to recoup some draft capital? It is a lost season anyway with the only upside Fields' development.
I would try:
1. To trade Arob for a 2nd
2. To trade Mack for a 2nd & 5th.
Thoughts?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Bears are 3-3

While no one is impressed by them it would not be well received by fans , media or players if they wave white flag on season

Bears are in with a bunch of teams that can win somewhere between 7-10 games depending on how things go and be in battle for final WC spots

Remember its now a 7 team playoff with 3 WC spots

Reactions: Illinihockey

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
gf1zn2h1tmu71.jpg

IDK why the photo came over so big, but Jaylon Johnson posted this on his instagram I thought it was funny. I don't mind the fine personally. Everyone knows what is expected of them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Been speculated since offseason

I cant believe the Dolphins are going to pull plug on Tua and give up major assets for Watson who may not even be able to play this year (Or beyond)

Reactions: Idionym

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Tua hasnt impressed at all, but hes also not even 16 games into his career. Not to mention, watson may never play in the nfl again.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Hard question:
Ahead of the of league trade deadline on 2 Nov at 4 PM EST would you trade any pieces from our O or D units to recoup some draft capital? It is a lost season anyway with the only upside Fields' development.
I would try:
1. To trade Arob for a 2nd
2. To trade Mack for a 2nd & 5th.
Thoughts?

AROB maybe I mean what are we gonna do franchise him again, it kind of depends on the standings then too.

Mack no, I don't like the picks at all, I think he is a solid defender we would be lucky to draft. I see his cap but idk I think we're a better team with him.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I can see why they are pulling the plug on Tua. I haven’t been impressed at all. Game manager.

I cannot see why they are pulling the plug on Tua for Deshaun.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Bears could really use a deep threat. Mooney seems more like a slot/shifty type and robinson doesnt have elite speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad