OT: Bears & NFL Talk 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Deion Sanders was great for the NFL.
The NFL needs more players like Deion Sanders, Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson.

They were must see TV.

I disagree. I respected their ability between the whistles but I hated the antics. It was diva bullshit and drama.

I prefer guys like Barry Sanders who excelled and then handed the ball to the official.

The NFL needs more elite players. I hate the 'look at me' nonsense that has permeated all sports.

There's a fine line between being colorful/charismatic and douchey. Mahomes is charasmatic and colorful - he's likeable. Rodgers is just douchey.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
20 NFL QBs could make this throw?

https://bit.ly/3AQcQGz

Or this?

https://bit.ly/3aNkHKs

(Thanks NFL for blocking YT videos!)

I can't see the videos, but seeing the throws that Fields has made over the last few games, I'm assuming yes.

He's made some very nice throws. Many QBs make very nice throws every Sunday.

Elite is a VERY strong word. I wouldn't use the word Elits to describe Fields in any way shape or form at this time.

We've seen Kyler Murray make some 'elite' throws. We've seen Rodgers make tons of them. We saw Fitzmagic make one of the most elite throws ever last season.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I can't see the videos, but seeing the throws that Fields has made over the last few games, I'm assuming yes.

He's made some very nice throws. Many QBs make very nice throws every Sunday.

Elite is a VERY strong word. I wouldn't use the word Elits to describe Fields in any way shape or form at this time.

We've seen Kyler Murray make some 'elite' throws. We've seen Rodgers make tons of them. We saw Fitzmagic make one of the most elite throws ever last season.

Watch the videos first before talking about how plenty of QBs could make those throws. Fields has a special arm that can make top-notch throws that other QBs physically can’t. He has shown that off a few times already.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It’s one thing to chuck a prayer, it’s another thing to repeatedly make those great throws. Fields has the potential to repeat a lot of really difficult throws that other QBs can’t.

Last edited:

blondu

Jun 3, 2016
Rest of the game looks some much different if not for that. Absolutely killer.
I donno if you're ironic or not but its f***in half time. You have a half of a match and score 2-3 tds or one td and 2 field goals. No way that decision changed the game.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bears need to do the right thing and cut bait with this coaching staff ASAP.

As nice of a thought as that is I’m not sure they’re even close to considering that. Nagy has made the playoffs 2 of 3 years, career record is 31-23, and he’s never finished under .500.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
@hawksrule first half is a little slow but stick with it.

Imagine acting like this over the 3-3 Panthers and Vikings.

What a f***ing loser that guy in the purple shirt is. The guy on the ground at the end looked like an old man, I couldn't tell his involvement prior.

The last NFL game I went to and sat in the stands was a bunch of years ago, and then I decided that was it. It was a Jets game at Giants Stadium, and fans nearby got into one of those typical drunken brawls that was so unpleasant (and kind of scary) that I already decided I never wanted to go back. Meanwhile, I was there as a guest of a friend with season tickets, and he had invited two other friends of his. One of them was a big guy who had played college football, and we were all hanging out in the parking lot before the game, and before even going inside this guy drank more beer and ate more hot dogs than I had ever seen a human consume. Grotesque. During the game he's sitting to my left and being all loud and obnoxious, but then after a while I turned to look at him and he's completely quiet and looking kind of green. I asked him if he was okay, and he didn't say anything. He stood up, started to take a step, and then puked all over a man and woman sitting in front of us. It was the most puke I had ever seen, it stunk, and it was all over these poor people, who were also season ticket holders and were friendly with my friend who had invited me. The puked-on guy turned around ready to fight, and for a split second I had to think about whether I had any sort of obligation to jump in and defend the guy sitting next to me since I was sort of part of a group, even though the guy doing the puking wasn't my friend and I didn't even like him at all. Realistically, there was no way I was going to have his back, but thankfully, the guy who got puked on quickly sized up the situation that he was at a 100-pound disadvantage, that he had the low ground, and it would be much worse to not only get puked on but to then get your ass kicked by the guy who puked on you. So he and his girlfriend just got up and left. I decided that day that I was done.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What a f***ing loser that guy in the purple shirt is. The guy on the ground at the end looked like an old man, I couldn't tell his involvement prior.

The last NFL game I went to and sat in the stands was a bunch of years ago, and then I decided that was it. It was a Jets game at Giants Stadium, and fans nearby got into one of those typical drunken brawls that was so unpleasant (and kind of scary) that I already decided I never wanted to go back. Meanwhile, I was there as a guest of a friend with season tickets, and he had invited two other friends of his. One of them was a big guy who had played college football, and we were all hanging out in the parking lot before the game, and before even going inside this guy drank more beer and ate more hot dogs than I had ever seen a human consume. Grotesque. During the game he's sitting to my left and being all loud and obnoxious, but then after a while I turned to look at him and he's completely quiet and looking kind of green. I asked him if he was okay, and he didn't say anything. He stood up, started to take a step, and then puked all over a man and woman sitting in front of us. It was the most puke I had ever seen, it stunk, and it was all over these poor people, who were also season ticket holders and were friendly with my friend who had invited me. The puked-on guy turned around ready to fight, and for a split second I had to think about whether I had any sort of obligation to jump in and defend the guy sitting next to me since I was sort of part of a group, even though the guy doing the puking wasn't my friend and I didn't even like him at all. Realistically, there was no way I was going to have his back, but thankfully, the guy who got puked on quickly sized up the situation that he was at a 100-pound disadvantage, that he had the low ground, and it would be much worse to not only get puked on but to then get your ass kicked by the guy who puked on you. So he and his girlfriend just got up and left. I decided that day that I was done.

That Vikings fan in the purple shirt is a real piece of work. No less than 3 times I saw him put his hands on women. Stay classy buddy. You deserved to be clocked and knocked the f*** out. Hell, it should have happened sooner than it did.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
One thing I kept noticing yesterday was Fields was slow getting out from center. Like the entire line was already engaged before he starting moving giving him less time. It may be the center - they need to figure that out.

There could have been many more flags for false starts

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I donno if you're ironic or not but its f***in half time. You have a half of a match and score 2-3 tds or one td and 2 field goals. No way that decision changed the game.

Being down 1 score vs 2 changes the complexion of the game. I’m not saying that’s why they lost, but missing out on 3 points for literally no reason aside from the refs definitely changed things for the worse. But go ahead and talk about how 3 points don’t matter in a game that was decided by 10 points.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Are there more fights at games now or is this always the case? I haven’t been in a fight in probably 5 years now and it feels great. I figured grown men would have grown out of that immature crap. Some guys just want to drink beer and throw fists though, nothing you can do about it except be prepared and avoid a fight when you can.

That dude in the purple shirt look like his head got caved in when he was on his knees. He’s what, in his 50’s at least? What a stupid f***ing way to risk a major head injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad