OT: Bears & NFL Talk 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Everyone on that list has been productive, especially relative to their draft position. They may not be stars but they are at least solid rotational players.

DeAndre Houston-Carson is atrocious when actually on field defensively and is a mediocre special teams player

How is he "Good defensive talent"?

If he is one of the things you claim as success for Pace that says alot about his performance as GM

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Giants/Redskins Thursday night.
Packers/Lions Monday night.

Thanks for the great week 2 prime time games, NFL.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Do you actually think he’s a good or even an average GM?

I think he's an average GM. If the Bears move on from him, I'm good with it but I'm not as anti-pace as I once was. I think he's gets shat on for one decision. I want Nagy gone period. He is holding the Bears back.

With that said, I don't see Nagy/Pace as the HC/GM long term.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I think pace is at least as bad a gm as nagy is a coach. The offensive line and secondary that pace assembled could both be the worst in the history of the franchise.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think pace is at least as bad a gm as nagy is a coach. The offensive line and secondary that pace assembled could both be the worst in the history of the franchise.

2010 is easily far worse

LT = Frank Omiyale
LG = Chris Williams
C = Olin Kreutz
RG = Roberto Garza
RT = J'Marcus Webb

Cutler was sacked 52 times!

Omiyale and Webb were the worst T combo in NFL , Williams couldn't do shit well and Kreutz was finished (It was his last season if you recall in Chicago)

Garza was only guy on that line that was actually a legit NFL talent

x610-310-e1344222705527.jpg

^
This picture as always sums up Webb's horrific play and those years of OL futility

Also lets not forget when Haynesworth literally pushed Williams back like a child directly into Cutler moments after snap for a sack

Washington+Redskins+v+Chicago+Bears+uExN77gy_48x.jpg

Haynesworth shows flashes of former dominance vs. Bears

(NFL appears to have gotten YT to delete video that showed that moment of embarrassment and everyone on NFL show laughing at Williams)

Literally might have been only positive moment of Haynesworth time with Skins

Last edited:

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
2010 is easily far worse

LT = Frank Omiyale
LG = Chris Williams
C = Olin Kreutz
RG = Roberto Garza
RT = J'Marcus Webb

Cutler was sacked 52 times!

Omiyale and Webb were the worst T combo in NFL , Williams couldn't do shit well and Kreutz was finished (It was his last season if you recall in Chicago)

Garza was only guy on that line that was actually a legit NFL talent

x610-310-e1344222705527.jpg

^
This picture as always sums up Webb's horrific play and those years of OL futility
Are ifedi and the 4th stringer the bears are on now any better? A huge part of the problem in 2010 was martz too. And even as a cutler fan you have to admit he was never exactly known for making quick decisions and getting the ball out.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah those two are far better then 4 of the 5 guys on that line

Did you forget how bad Kruetz was at end?

I remember Louis looking good filling when Garza was hurt on line and wondering why Bears didn't sit Williams who at that point showed he was complete liability both in run and pass blocking

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Makes you wonder when the last time the bears had a good offensive line was. Maybe once or twice when Long was around? Seems like its consistently been a weakness of the team.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Probably the SB team

LT = John Tait
LG = Ruben Brown (Pro Bowler)
C = Olin Kreutz (Pro Bowler/All Pro)
RG = Roberto Garza
RT = Fred Miller

They were great at run blocking and good at pass protection

A very strong veteran OL that stayed healthy thru season (Tait was only one to miss time and that was 2 games)

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Daniels is a guard, he said Tackle. The answer is Marc Columbo but he was injured with the Bears and had his success elsewhere. Otherwise you probably have to go back to Big Cat Williams.

Btw the interior OL is fine if not good. The tacklea are atrocious.

read too fast and read it as OL, whoops

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
From watching some of today's press conference with Tabor, Desai and Lazor, I didn't get the vibe that Lazor was in complete agreement with Nagy's play calling. When asked questions with regards to reasons for running specific plays, at one point he basically said (paraphrased) "I'm not calling the plays." I mean he could been more of a company man and have simply said something along the lines of "We didn't feel.....". Not the first presser I've seen from Lazor where I liked his answers; can't say the same for Nagy's continuous crap spewing.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I honestly don't know what the Bears should do because they don't have their 1st rounder. If they did, it would be obvious to trade everyone they can.

I'm not sure Mack is movable because his contract is nowhere near his production. If Montgomery has a good year and you can get a 1st for him, do it. Obviously trade Robinson and Hicks. This is a rebuild at this point.

Roquan is 25 so you have to consider trading him too. By the time they're any good he'll be old and his game is reliant on speed.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I honestly don't know what the Bears should do because they don't have their 1st rounder. If they did, it would be obvious to trade everyone they can.

I'm not sure Mack is movable because his contract is nowhere near his production. If Montgomery has a good year and you can get a 1st for him, do it. Obviously trade Robinson and Hicks. This is a rebuild at this point.

Roquan is 25 so you have to consider trading him too. By the time they're any good he'll be old and his game is reliant on speed.
You can turn around an nfl team in 1 or 2 years with a good gm. Cant start until you fire pace though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad