Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Why not?

I mean the ownership who doesn't give a crap about team and winning hasn't worked out for Bears at this point

Why not have a Jerry Jones

At least we know people like Jones want to win and dont view .500 team as an achievement

IMO, they care about winning but they're just bad at managing the team, don't have a clear plan, too many cooks in the kitchen with a bit of bad luck mixed in. They have opted for more economic solutions in the past vs. building a winning franchise.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
DP_SoldierFields_6210_MdNavy_900x.jpg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Falcons are getting younger offensively as they rebuild

Ryan is going to be only holdover and I expect next draft the Falcons will go QB

For Titans they will have a real good 1-2 WR duo in AJ Brown and Julio Jones.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Matt Ryan wasn't that good last year but people will see he threw for a bunch of yards last year and think he was good.... which isn't all that impressive given he had the most attempts out of any QB in the league.

His Y/A & Y/C, interceptions, TDs, QBR & rating, and completion % stats were all mediocre to poor.

Are there worse staring QBs out there? Sure.... but he's not a good starter anymore. I don't think he's really been any good since their SB appearance.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

RIP

Was 58-53-1 as Giants HC with a 3 playoff appearance and a run to SB

After NFL he coached for several years in now defunct UFL (Winning two championships)

As player he was drafted by Bears in 1972 but never played a game then found himself in World Football League. He had distinction of throwing final pass in WFL history as league folded shortly after

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I know he said he was going to do it, but it’s still a little shocking to see him actually missing checks now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sorta interesting to me that Rodgers is not getting same treatment as Favre

Remember Favre was attacked for not being thrilled with selection of his replacement in late 1st round in Rodgers ,, Now 15 years later Rodgers is pissed about selection of his replacement in late 1st round in Love yet media is talking about how disrespectful it is , etc for Packers to have selected his replacement

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Sorta interesting to me that Rodgers is not getting same treatment as Favre

Remember Favre was attacked for not being thrilled with selection of his replacement in late 1st round in Rodgers ,, Now 15 years later Rodgers is pissed about selection of his replacement in late 1st round in Love yet media is talking about how disrespectful it is , etc for Packers to have selected his replacement
Favre also waffled back and forth between retiring and playing for a few years. Rodgers has not.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He wants to play out West so there isn't a large market for him and team he would have fit best just drafted a QB (49ers) and other team that he would fit haven't shown desire to make an offer that would force Packers hand (Broncos)

If he wanted out he should have publicly made it known immediately after season not waited to leak it to Schefter on draft day

Also if he really wants out he needs to drop the "Going West" part as there are not many viable trading spots overall and when you make it West only your left with almost nothing

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He wants to play out West so there isn't a large market for him and team he would have fit best just drafted a QB (49ers) and other team that he would fit haven't shown desire to make an offer that would force Packers hand (Broncos)

If he wanted out he should have publicly made it known immediately after season not waited to leak it to Schefter on draft day

Also if he really wants out he needs to drop the "Going West" part as there are not many viable trading spots overall and when you make it West only your left with almost nothing
I think the Raiders would totally trade for him, but that's just me.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think the Raiders would totally trade for him, but that's just me.

Not sure they'd have the draft pick ammo. They don't have any extra picks anytime soon so they'd have to give up 1st round picks in the next 3 drafts and I'd think for Rodgers that GB might want a more immediate return. I would if I were them.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure who this guy is but come on baby let him be right.

Would love to see what GB thinks they can then get for a 40 year old QB who just sat out the prior year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rodgers will only be 38 ,, not 40

Also given what Cards got for a sitting Palmer from Raiders I think its safe to assume Packers will still get decent value

Better value then they could likely get now since more teams will be potential landing spots for ROdgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad