OT: Bears & NFL Talk 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I thought Ifedi’s big problem at tackle was penalties. Lotta false starts because at tackle you have to react quicker because it’s more difficult than guard. Not a huge football x’s and o’s guy admittedly.

Everyone seems to be talking up my Browns. Guaranteed 9-8 season incoming, even as psyched as I am with our offseason.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bears open the season on SNF vs the Rams.

Also play Detroit on Thanksgiving as a notable game.

Anyone else going to try and go to their game in Vegas? Looks like that’ll be on October 10th.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Packers just signed Bortles. Come on football gods.... if there is anything Bears fans deserve it’s seeing GB fans meltdown over Rodgers leaving.

Bortles can win the MVP next year for all I care but please let me see the meltdown over Rodgers.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
D63584E6-51F7-45F8-AE01-D3CDEEF7DC54.jpeg

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Seems like Julio Jones is definitely going to be traded. I’d say f*** it and go all in and grab him if we have the cap space (no idea if we do or not).

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Unfortunately, i think the bears blew their window messing around with foles and trubisky. Im expecting a defense that finishes around 10-15th in the league and an offense somewhere in the 20's.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Unfortunately, i think the bears blew their window messing around with foles and trubisky. Im expecting a defense that finishes around 10-15th in the league and an offense somewhere in the 20's.
I don't think they were a QB away at that time.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
We do not

And Bears are not a Julio Jones away from being contender

If Fields ends up being the real deal, an offense with him, Julio, Robinson, Kmet, Mooney, Cohen, and Montgomery could be downright amazing. At that point you just need an average defense to be a contender.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
If Fields ends up being the real deal, an offense with him, Julio, Robinson, Kmet, Mooney, Cohen, and Montgomery could be downright amazing. At that point you just need an average defense to be a contender.
Good chance robinson is in his last season with the bears, julio is 32, mooney and kmet looked promising but not locks, and theres no guarantee cohen ever recaptures his 2018 form. That said, if fields is the real deal, theyll have 10+ years to build a team

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Good chance robinson is in his last season with the bears, julio is 32, mooney and kmet looked promising but not locks, and theres no guarantee cohen ever recaptures his 2018 form.

I said "could be" not that they'd be the next Chiefs. Would all depend on what Fields can do, which for all we know, is nothing at all.

But this team isn't exactly built for the future, lots of older pieces.... so if we can get another piece or two to try and go for it now, I would.

blondu

Jun 3, 2016
Good chance robinson is in his last season with the bears, julio is 32, mooney and kmet looked promising but not locks, and theres no guarantee cohen ever recaptures his 2018 form. That said, if fields is the real deal, theyll have 10+ years to build a team

Have you seen his face when he was drafted? Wanna see a worse face when the d fails him in in 2 or 3 years? He'll force a way out same as other qbs did.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Have you seen his face when he was drafted? Wanna see a worse face when the d fails him in in 2 or 3 years? He'll force a way out same as other qbs did.
What qb has forced his way out of chicago? I also think there's a good chance his face was because he was the 4th qb taken moreso than because it was the bears.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
"Forced his way out of Chicago" ,, If definition is a malcontent being such a malcontent that team moves on with haste then I guess we could say Cade McNown forced his way out of Chicago

That is really only example I can recall

Jimmy McMahon and Bears were heading for divorce that was in making for a couple years largely because of McMahon's inability to stay healthy and then his issues with bringing in young QB's (Hated Flute and had issues with Harbaugh)

Again that situation is far from a guy forcing his way out as Bears were pretty happy at time to plan future with Harbaugh and its not like McMahon set world on fire in San Diego , Philly , Minnesota or Arizona after he left

There is reason teams moved on from McMahon quickly and he was only a limited starter post Chicago. Infact after bombing in San Diego the only time he was brought in to be starter was that one year in Minnesota and even then he was generally outplayed by backup (Sean Salisbury ,, Remember that jagoff)

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I guess the point is, no good qb has ever forced his way out, though theyve really never had a good qb. Cutler stank and the bears cut their losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad