OT: Bears & NFL Talk 82: Playoffs?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
That’s a gutsy performance by Heinecke. Great poise.

TB12 and the wr corps were just too much for that Washington secondary.

btw, remember when Josh Norman was elite? Dude went from hero to zero in like one season

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
In Goffs defense, he had surgery on his hand 10 days ago. But he’s still meh.

what I don’t see him doing is throwing those Mitch red zone picks

but what the hell was McVey doing in the 4th and 1 to end the game with a 10 point lead Sneak your an with a broken hand into the pile when your other qb just went to the ER? Hand it off to your rb who had a great game.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Saints win, something like 35-10. Probably the least entertaining game of the day.

Taysom Hill embarrasses us. Mitch turns the ball over. Robinson puts up 10 catches for a deceiving 125 yards.

Reactions: Backyard Hockey

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Despite the injuries and being heavy underdogs I feel good about Bears

I believe they will win in upset
I simply can’t see it. We saw last night what happens when a pocket passer doesn’t get pressured. We also saw with LA how effective a secondary and LB corps can be when a D is consistently getting pressure rushing 4

I feel the Bears will loser by 14 or more. The defensive matchup and scheme without Roquan is just a terrible matchup. Brees will eat them alive underneath with Kamara and Thomas.

The issues we’ve seen with the D in the last half of the season will persist and be the reason they lose. Terrible scheme, failure to get consistent pressure (namely 52 and 94), run stopping issues, awful tackling, LB mismatches, communication between the secondary a LBs. dropped picks and failure to get takeaways and short fields for the O

They need Mack to have a huge impact game like
he did against Carolina. We need to hear his name all game like we heard Floyd’s name last night - even with Donald out.

If the O gets 3 and not 7 in the red zone, no chance

People say the O needs to score 30 to win. While that’s true, I feel the D needs to hold NO under 21 to win. I just don’t see that happening.

Prediction: Saints 34 Bears 20 and Pagano and his defensive staff is fired this week

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Only way Bears can keep it respectable is if they heavily use the tight ends. Think NO D-plan will be to take either Monty or ARob out of the game. Unfortunately Bears/Pagano D will give up 400+ yds and 30+ pts.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I remember being aghast how last game Brees clearly couldn't throw the ball at all beyond 5 yards and how they still racked up yards and points vs the bears. I can't imagine it being any harder for them with that middle of the field being a big easy target now.

I know some people hated the Packers gameplan but it really does need to be the same. Take long time taking up drives on O and slowly move, got for it on 4th downs as much as possible but they need to get TDs to stay in it.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Titans/Ravens game very close.

this is the one that I said was a crap shoot. Two very evenly matched teams.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Side note. The progressive ‘becoming your parents’ commercials are awesome

funny to thing that between progressive, Jake from State Farm, the great Geico commercials and Allstate mayhem, the best commercials are coming from boring insurance companies

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
OUT for the Bears: Jaylon Johnson, Roquan Smith, Darnell Mooney, Buster Skrine

IN for the Saints: Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas

I think you'd need to give me like, +13 before I thought about betting on the Bears today. I think it's going to be ugly.

To have any chance, Mack, Hicks and Quinn need to have monster games. Speaking of two of those...

Mack/Quinn combined = $32.7 million, 11 sacks
Leonard Floyd = $10 million, 10.5 sacks

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
OUT for the Bears: Jaylon Johnson, Roquan Smith, Darnell Mooney, Buster Skrine

IN for the Saints: Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas

I think you'd need to give me like, +13 before I thought about betting on the Bears today. I think it's going to be ugly.

To have any chance, Mack, Hicks and Quinn need to have monster games. Speaking of two of those...

Mack/Quinn combined = $32.7 million, 11 sacks
Leonard Floyd = $10 million, 10.5 sacks

Letting Floyd go can be added to the Pace mistake column. I didn’t really like it at the time, Floyd was fine enough in Chicago to earn a return, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad