Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And without those QB's its questionable if Walsh or BB ever amount to anything

This type of talk is pretty stupid overall honestly

Without Phil MJ never becomes 6x champ and GOAT , If not for MJ then Phil never becomes what he becomes , etc

Would Kane have won without Toews? Would Toews have won without Kane? Would Kane and Toews have won without Q?

Sometimes great athletes/coaches find a fit in each other that becomes unstoppable force

Reactions: Giovi

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
And without those QB's its questionable if Walsh or BB ever amount to anything

This type of talk is pretty stupid overall honestly

Without Phil MJ never becomes 6x champ and GOAT , If not for MJ then Phil never becomes what he becomes , etc

Would Kane have won without Toews? Would Toews have won without Kane? Would Kane and Toews have won without Q?

Sometimes great athletes/coaches find a fit in each other that becomes unstoppable force
Honestly I think that the answer is no to both. Both the coach and the QB needed each other. Neither guy would have been successful without the other.

I'm of the opinion that what makes both great coaches and great players as great as they are is the relationship between player and coach, and that both parties would have been significantly worse without that relationship. NBA is an exception as I think talent is talent there, but in other sports (especially football) there's a huge difference.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bears place Nose Tackle John Jenkins on IR. Torn ligament in thumb, selected to miss several weeks. Bears sign Steelers practice squad lineman Daniel McCullers to take his place. 6’7 350. Mountain of a human.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
TNF Week 2: Browns vs Bengals
TNF Week 3: Jags vs Dolphins

.... NFL, can you pretend to care about this needless primetime series if you're going to keep it alive?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
TNF Week 2: Browns vs Bengals
TNF Week 3: Jags vs Dolphins

.... NFL, can you pretend to care about this needless primetime series if you're going to keep it alive?
These are the NFLN exclusive games, they're their strictly to boost subscribers. They stick the crummy AFC games there on purpose.

Starting in week 5 when FOX joins there's some good matchups:
Bears/Bucs
Chiefs/Bills
Giants/Eagles (bad teams, but high profile markets)
Packers/Niners
Ravens/Cowboys
Pats/Rams

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
These are the NFLN exclusive games, they're their strictly to boost subscribers. They stick the crummy AFC games there on purpose.

Starting in week 5 when FOX joins there's some good matchups:
Bears/Bucs
Chiefs/Bills
Giants/Eagles (bad teams, but high profile markets)
Packers/Niners
Ravens/Cowboys
Pats/Rams
I dropped NFL network (along with some other channels) this year to save a few bucks and haven't regretted the decision.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
After a gorgeous pass and sure TD went right through his hands, he was deserving of that.
Yep. I keep waiting for him to be really good, but he just, isn't.

Instead we watch a team like the Steelers get players like Juju and Diontae Johnson in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Gallup went in the same draft as Miller and was one round later and was a thousand yard receiver.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yep. I keep waiting for him to be really good, but he just, isn't.

Instead we watch a team like the Steelers get players like Juju and Diontae Johnson in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Gallup went in the same draft as Miller and was one round later and was a thousand yard receiver.

Going back to Mooney, though, I thought he had a pretty damn good game.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He did

Going back for ball in endzone was what too many WR's dont do so it was nice to see kid do the right thing in that situation instead of letting ball come to him which usually ends up a pick by CB

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad