OT: Bears & NFL Talk 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wow, you almost never see Atlanta blow games like that...
My best friend is a Falcons fan. We start work at 3pm. We were talking by his car and a guy we work with comes up on Friday and tells us it’s twenty eight minutes until three. We’re very confused until he walks past and the guy taps the Falcons decal on his back window. Best chirp I’ve ever witnessed.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Bears - one of the worst 2-0 teams I've seen in a while. Early +3 dog against Atlanta.

Bad day for fantasy, 3 out of my 4 top picks were out or injured yesterday, Barkley, Golladay and Godwin. Otherwise, some very entertaining games. COVID has had a lot less impact on the NFL than I expected and the viewing experience is great overall.

Cam looked great yesterday and that was a great game overall. Cowboys!

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Weird opinion:
Trubisky is an average QB who looks worse than that because of his poor fit in Nagy's offense.

I do wonder what he would look like with a more flexible coaching staff. Nagy is trying to ram Mitch into his system despite it not being a good match for what Mitch does.

What would someone like Belichick do with Mitch?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I do wonder what he would look like with a more flexible coaching staff. Nagy is trying to ram Mitch into his system despite it not being a good match for what Mitch does.

What would someone like Belichick do with Mitch?
I mean, he's Jared Goff without the scheme fit. Average QBs can be made good with a scheme fit.

Good QBs can become great with a scheme fit. See: Mahomes.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Jared Goff is better QB then Mitch
I don't think so in a vacuum.
It looks that way because Goff is playing with a good scheme fit and Trubisky is playing in an awful scheme fit.

I think the truth for both guys is somewhere in between. Trubisky isn't as awful as the Bears make him look and Goff isn't as good as the Rams make him look.

If you want me to be honest with you guys, if the Bears had drafted Mahomes I think he would have been a lateral move from Cutty. (meaning=a similar QB)

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Bears half way to their 4 wins, and have 6 games remaining against winless teams, haha.

Don't confuse this as me saying the Bears are good or that they'll even make the playoffs, just that the level of pessimism from some predicting 4/5 wins wasn't grounded in reality. This is the NFL. There are a handful (say 5-8) of good/great teams, a handful of really bad teams and a huge group of teams that are average that will look good at times and bad at times. Of course, so far the Bears managed, to look both really good and really bad in the span of each game so far, lol. But the Bears are clearly in the middle blob of teams if you will.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bears half way to their 4 wins, and have 6 games remaining against winless teams, haha.

Don't confuse this as me saying the Bears are good or that they'll even make the playoffs, just that the level of pessimism from some predicting 4/5 wins wasn't grounded in reality. This is the NFL. There are a handful (say 5-8) of good/great teams, a handful of really bad teams and a huge group of teams that are average that will look good at times and bad at times. Of course, so far the Bears managed, to look both really good and really bad in the span of each game so far, lol. But the Bears are clearly in the middle blob of teams if you will.

16-0

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I thought Mitch was generally good in game 2 but his receivers didn’t help him out at all. Dropped an easy TD, turned a sure fire big gain into an INT

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It's not the system that makes Trubisky unable to read a defense. And it's not the system that makes him an often inaccurate passer.
It's my opinion that it's the system that makes the QB and not the other way.

I don't think Brady or Montana would have ever started a game in the NFL if they were with any other coach other than Walsh/Belichick.

The entirety of NFL history could be different if different QBs were drafted by different teams.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I was right when I said that it appeared as if Barkley had hurt more then his ACL

I was the one who mentioned MCL as worst case for the second injury in that knee as well as ACL which I 100% knew he tore immediately. Still basically that is awful news for such a dynamic talent.

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I don't think Brady or Montana would have ever started a game in the NFL if they were with any other coach other than Walsh/Belichick.

Brady and Montana would have started games not name Walsh/Belichick. Calm down on the hyberbole. They may not have become HOF QB with other HC but they would have started games.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Brady and Montana would have started games not name Walsh/Belichick. Calm down on the hyberbole. They may not have become HOF QB with other HC but they would have started games.
You do know that BB almost cut Brady in 2000 right?

Montana was a 3rd round pick. He may have seen the field elsewhere but I don't think he'd have been anywhere close to the HOF.

What I meant is that it's Questionable that either guy sees the field for more than a few games with other coaches or in other locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad