Bears & NFL Talk 67: Who needs a kicker anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Peep's bash on sports talk but a lot of these sports talk have ex coaches and players...

When Mitch got taken at #2, every major network was surprised with that pick.

#2 overall on a 1 year college starter. As it stands now, the Bears chose the wrong guy again but that's been their history at that position so. It's unfortunate a Superbowl caliber defense is going to be wasted.

No one was surprised he went early. That is where he was graded.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Watson in the injury tent already.

The MNF interface is god awful, how is ESPN so bad at everything?

That's gonna be the one thing with Watson that will derail him. Dude is glass. Two surgically repaired knees already. He's better than Mitch but I don't think his career will be nearly as long as the other two QB's.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
And where was Mahomes expected to go?
Mahomes was in the 18-30 range, and Watson in the 11-20 range. Trubisky was supposed to be the only top 10 pick. I always thought he was fools gold because of the inexperience. He is the most inexperienced QB to ever go in the first round, let alone the top 5. The closest top 10 pick in terms of inexperience was Akili Smith in 1999. He had 20 games of college experience. We know how that turned out. Most 1st round QBs are 3 or 4 year starters

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Mahomes, Watson, Jimmy Garrapolo (2nd round pick all it took for the trade) and 1 year starter Mitch.

Bears had 4 chances here and picked the worst guy. But again, that is their history at the position....

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wherever he was expected to go, the near universal reaction as it happened was disbelief/shock/ridicule in the fanbase, on the draft floor, by the commentators, and from other sources in the NFL. For the relatively recent talk about Trubisky going where he was expected to go, I honestly think that that's a case of revisionism though I'm fully aware that there are mock drafts for him going early.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Mahomes was in the 18-30 range, and Watson in the 11-20 range. Trubisky was supposed to be the only top 10 pick. I always thought he was fools gold because of the inexperience. He is the most inexperienced QB to ever go in the first round, let alone the top 5. The closest top 10 pick in terms of inexperience was Akili Smith in 1999. He had 20 games of college experience. We know how that turned out. Most 1st round QBs are 3 or 4 year starters

Watson was actually suppose to be the first QB taken but Trubisky got helium later on and his solid combine numbers won out.

I can't fault the Bears for missing on Mahomes. Noone thought he was going to be this good, but I thought Watson's incredible National Championship Game was enough to seal the deal with him as the top guy. Then the dumb Vince Young comparisons started coming out.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man Drew Brees still can sling it

And the Texans secondary is terrible. Saints have been getting open all night and they really don't have much of a pass rush outside of Watt who can be contained

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
What were the saints doing? Just can’t let them go downfield and they give up 75 yards on 2 plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad