Bears & NFL Talk 67: Who needs a kicker anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Saw the Vikings cut the kicker Vedvik who they spent a draft pick on to get. Also cut their 1st round pick from a couple of years ago WR Laquon Treadwell (massive disappointment).

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
LOL. Jon Gruden just picked up DeShone Kizer.

With Derek Carr ... Gruden now has Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman, and DeShone Kizer on his roster. He also tried out Christian Hackenberg over the summer. Gruden does love to collect junk quarterbacks.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I think Smoke is still the uncertainty. The Bears could opt for a OLB instead. However, the other 9 players appear solid for the practice squad according to reports ...

EDIT: Smoke got picked up by the Saints. The Bears have a slot open ... which sounds like was filled by James Vaughters.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Likely not playing vs Green Bay.

I have no idea what's going on. The Bears and Burton are playing a dangerous game but not being transparent. I understand the need for privacy, but you can't also disguise it as a hernia if it's not true. That's not right either. You don't want to break that trust with the fans.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Should have brought in more talent at TE position in offseason
I'm not going to lie, I like this Jesper Horsted kid. He needs to gain about 20-30lbs ... but maybe he will as he concentrates fully on football after graduating from Princeton. The kid is obviously smart and has incredible hands.

I believe the Bears also kept Dax Raymond on injured reserve. He was a highly sought out UDFA. He's going to vie for a spot next year.

It's time to see what with have with Adam Shaheen. The guy is 6'6" / 270lbs ... runs a 4.7 ... with great hands. He was always going to be a 2-3 year project. Let's see if he has what it takes.

Here's the issue with Burton. If the Bears cut him after the season, he'll be a dead cap hit of $7.5mn. It's going that direction. Unless the Bears and Burton gives us more information, we have to assume he's not reliable. The Bears say he has a mild groin ... unrelated to the hernia surgery. Who knows if that's really the case?

Reactions: Duck Off

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I'm not going to lie, I like this Jesper Horsted kid. He needs to gain about 20-30lbs ... but maybe he will as he concentrates fully on football after graduating from Princeton. The kid is obviously smart and has incredible hands.

I believe the Bears also kept Dax Raymond on injured reserve. He was a highly sought out UDFA. He's going to vie for a spot next year.

It's time to see what with have with Adam Shaheen. The guy is 6'6" / 270lbs ... runs a 4.7 ... with great hands. He was always going to be a 2-3 year project. Let's see if he has what it takes.

Here's the issue with Burton. If the Bears cut him after the season, he'll be a dead cap hit of $7.5mn. It's going that direction. Unless the Bears and Burton gives us more information, we have to assume he's not reliable. The Bears say he has a mild groin ... unrelated to the hernia surgery. Who knows if that's really the case?

Yah, Burton is mentally weak. Mitch as we know relies a lot on repetition and script plays. Am sure Burton was in on a lot of 1st team formations during the week leading up to the Eagles playoff game...only to tell the team he couldn't suit up the day before the game. That hurt the offense more than we know. Shaheen needs to break out this year else he'll go the way of Kevin White. Thus far he's been a bust.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

I like Trey. He sounds like a good family man ... gives a lot back to the community (Bears nominee for the Walter Payton Award). I hope it's just the groin(s) than something else. We'll have to take Pace's word. If it's anxiety, there's no shame in that. I'm sure most Bears fans will be supportive. The Bears could really use him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Like who?

I liked Zach Gentry in draft as someone the Bears could have grabbed in mid rounds

And Tyler Kroft and Jared Cook were both FA's this past offseason that would have been great grabs by Bears

There was actually pretty good depth at TE in FA and Bears should have been looking at very least to add a vet into mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad