OT: Bears and NFL Talk Thread XLVI: Kevin White placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Really the only first round pick that I hated when it happened in the last 10 years was the McClellin pick. It just didn't make any sense and he really wasn't on my radar at all. I also hated the Ced Benson pick but that was a long time ago. I was skeptical about the Chris Williams pick but saw the upside, that didn't work out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Before injury Vasher was really coming into his own at CB and was starting to lockdown big name WR's

The INT"s all seemed to be big moment events with him to so he had that game breaker potential. And his speed allowed him to cover anyone

He looked the part of a rising star at CB before injuries

I remember a lot of talk about Harris being best DT since Sapp heading into draft. Sapp of course being ****** he is got offended by such talk and seemed to pleasure in Harris injury issues at end of career

Harris was so good. He was a major reason why that def. was so good. Pressure on the QB constantly allowed our secondary to be very aggressive along our LB core.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Who was the last 1st rounder that when selected you told yourself "The Bears got a great one"

For me it was Tommie Harris and he was every bit the player I hoped he would be before injuries took toll

I remember a lot of people loving the Kevin White pick. I know I did, guy was an absolute monster, definitely raw, but a lot of great WRs are coming out of college.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I remember a lot of people loving the Kevin White pick. I know I did, guy was an absolute monster, definitely raw, but a lot of great WRs are coming out of college.

I still don't mind the White pick. He is starting to show what he can do (although he is out for a few weeks since he got rolled up on). People writing him off already are crazy to me. Pace said when he drafted him that he was raw.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I still don't mind the White pick. He is starting to show what he can do (although he is out for a few weeks since he got rolled up on). People writing him off already are crazy to me. Pace said when he drafted him that he was raw.

What if I told you he broke his fibula and was just put on the IR?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wasted a pick on a WR that made no sense at the time to spend one entire season on the IR and likely miss 12 games the following year. :facepalm:

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Wasnt keen on the QB class but if Mitch Trubisky falls to the Bears slot, Id be all over that pick

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Fuller looked great his rookie year. Got progressively worse. Supposed to be the opposite.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Fuller looked great his rookie year. Got progressively worse. Supposed to be the opposite.

Didn't he really only have like 3-4 good games even as a rookie, and finished the year off pretty dreadfully?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Didn't he really only have like 3-4 good games even as a rookie, and finished the year off pretty dreadfully?
Bad games are acceptable/a push for a rookie. Had 4 picks.

On a side note, I know you're a bike enthusiast and I just saw this Cyclotron

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bad games are acceptable/a push for a rookie. Had 4 picks.

On a side note, I know you're a bike enthusiast and I just saw this Cyclotron

:skeptic:

That just looks way too expensive, and I don't even know how much it costs. :laugh:

Right now the wife doesn't even want to hear me mutter a single word about riding even an indoor exercise bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad