OT: Bears and NFL Talk Thread XLVI: Kevin White placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
That's just not true. Manning was complete trash last year (67.9 rating reg season, 75.4 playoffs) and we are just 3 years away from a Super Bowl between Kapernick and Flacco.

Of course, in a perfect world, you get a great QB who is going to always have you in contention. But there are a number of examples of teams winning without a great QB.

And the guy he was playing was the #1 overall pick. Also the super bowl MVP was the #2 overall pick

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Right. He certainly wasn't a 10th pick which is what the Bears will probably get when they **** up and win 6 games. Goodbye Myles Garret.

No he wasn't, but JJ Watt was there at 11. No one denies that the higher the pick the better chance you have of getting a star player. But this acting like the top 3-5 picks is the only place star players can be found isn't the case.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I doubt it. What is it with this city and the love for the backup? Jay isn't coming back this week but that's all the media asks about. Until Jay is actually healthy its a moot point.

just looking at the games Jay has played and Hoyer has played should tell you, who was the better so far.

Jay has thrown dumb INT while Hoyer has back to back games with 300+ Yards and no turnover.
Just asking, who is playing better? Eyetest and stats tell me it's Hoyer.

It all shouldn't matter, the 1st round pick should go to a QB.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
just looking at the games Jay has played and Hoyer has played should tell you, who was the better so far.

Jay has thrown dumb INT while Hoyer has back to back games with 300+ Yards and no turnover.

Do you really believe Hoyer gives the Bears a better chance to win? That's pretty out there IMO.

If you are saying they shouldn't try to win at all that's another discussion all together.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Cutler in his one full game went up against a healthy Houston Texans D and was injured during game

An injured Cutler struggled (As did rest of team) vs Eagles

Hoyer put up some garbage time pts vs Cowboys in 4th qtr and then dinked/dunked his way to victory over Lions (Bears only put up 17 pts despite dominating time of possession)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Do you really believe Hoyer gives the Bears a better chance to win? That's pretty out there IMO.

If you are saying they shouldn't try to win at all that's another discussion all together.
Kind of...
Cutler hasn't put up much Points in the last 1 1/2 years. Even with Gase and his best season, we weren't able to put up Points.
Best Gase did to him was keeping the Possession and taking care of the ball. Cutler is good for a turnover every game. Our Team doesn't Need a big arm right now that will turn the ball over. We'd Need a game Manager - I know Hoyer really isn't one too - but we have to secure the ball, Keep the D from the field and hope we come in a range even Barth can hit the FG. If not, I liked what Hoyer did with the ball. His passes were smart and he isn't starring down to one guy no matter what happens.

1. I want us to draft a QB in Round 1 or 2
2. I want Ws but I hate those 7-9 8-8 9-7 finishes. Not bad enough and not good enough. Pretty much like our QB.
3. I think Pace has done a good Job of building the Team and bringing in youth and Talent. Sitton, Whitehair and Long are a great interior OL Combo. Howard looks legit and AJ/Royal/Miller seem to be able to stay healthy. Weapons are there, the tackles suck and the D still Needs more time.

Cutler in his one full game went up against a healthy Houston Texans D and was injured during game

An injured Cutler struggled (As did rest of team) vs Eagles

Hoyer put up some garbage time pts vs Cowboys in 4th qtr and then dinked/dunked his way to victory over Lions (Bears only put up 17 pts despite dominating time of possession)

Cutler struggled against Texans and turned the ball over with stupid and dumb throws. No Need to defend it. I defended Cutler for years and still like him, but at some Point it's time to move on. Time is over and I hope he finds a starting Job and wins games.
Hoyer has the lonely W for the year and has 600+ Yards with no TO. That's a fact and going by the Performance this season, Hoyer is playing better and less stupid. We are talking tallest midget here, both aren't anything Special.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Arthur Arkush
‏@ArthurArkush
Feel awful for Kevin White, expected to be sidelined for extended period w/ ankle injury just as he seemed to be figuring it out. #Bears

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I still have no hopes even with a top 3 pick, but just hope that maybe by some chance I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I'm fairly confident they'd **** up even the can't miss prospect. Man I hate the Bears so much.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who was the last 1st rounder that when selected you told yourself "The Bears got a great one"

For me it was Tommie Harris and he was every bit the player I hoped he would be before injuries took toll

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Who was the last 1st rounder that when selected you told yourself "The Bears got a great one"

For me it was Tommie Harris and he was every bit the player I hoped he would be before injuries took toll

Urlacher? I don't think I knew Harris' potential to be quite that high when we drafted him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I loved Harris in Oklahoma and was very excited with pick.

Infact I was very happy with that draft at time and it proved to be a good one though sadly will always be a "What could have been" given how it turned out years later

Vasher/Harris were becoming stars before injuries destroyed careers , Johnson was a good starting DT but was a headcase/problem off field and Berrian looked the part of a productive WR with Bears

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I loved Harris in Oklahoma and was very excited with pick.

Infact I was very happy with that draft at time and it proved to be a good one thought sadly will always be a "What could have been" given how it turned out years later

Vasher/Harris were becoming stars before injuries destroyed careers , Johnson was a good starting DT but was a headcase/problem off field and Berrian looked the part of a productive WR with Bears

I remember being excited about Harris for sure, but again, still don't think I had any idea he could be THAT good.

Wasn't Vasher overrated due to that season or two with high interception totals? Not that he was bad, but definitely not elite. Or am I remembering that wrong?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Before injury Vasher was really coming into his own at CB and was starting to lockdown big name WR's

The INT"s all seemed to be big moment events with him to so he had that game breaker potential. And his speed allowed him to cover anyone

He looked the part of a rising star at CB before injuries

I remember a lot of talk about Harris being best DT since Sapp heading into draft. Sapp of course being ****** he is got offended by such talk and seemed to pleasure in Harris injury issues at end of career

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Greg Olsen. Couldn't believe he fell to the Bears lap and was ecstatic they got him. Loved him in Miami. Sucked we pretty much gave him away cause Martz didn't use TEs in his scheme.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Greg Olsen. Couldn't believe he fell to the Bears lap and was ecstatic they got him. Loved him in Miami. Sucked we pretty much gave him away cause Martz didn't use TEs in his scheme.

Great to me is top 3 of your position, and I don't think he's ever been quite that good. He's more in the very good tier to me, not great.... and I love the guy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Olsen may have been the best TE in game last year not named Gronkowski

These past two years he has really become a truly elite TE ,, Easily top 3 in game now

On track for 1200+ yd season right now

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Great to me is top 3 of your position, and I don't think he's ever been quite that good. He's more in the very good tier to me, not great.... and I love the guy.

I honestly felt he would be right there with Gates (at the time) as a top TE in the game or at least top 3. He blossomed when he left here.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I thought for sure Carimi was going to be a 10 year starting right tackle or at least a really good guard. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad