OT: Bears and NFL Talk Thread XLVI: Kevin White placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yes, he got hurt around game 6 or so, think it was against the Dolphins and never recovered.

Ah, ok, forgot that part.

CB seems like the type of position you can actually get a good to great guy at via FA. Yet when it comes to drafting them, they seem to bust as high, if not higher, than any other position.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
You wouldn't want lock-down guys like Deion Sanders or Darelle Revis playing zone. They can run with guys step for step and be up against them the entire route. Putting them in zone would be a huge waste.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I know Hub Arkush has been saying for a few years that he would be a better fit at safety. I wonder if that would be worth trying if he ever gets healthy again.

Former coach Dave Wannstedt also believes he's a better fit at safety. In fact, I believe he called him an "elite safety waiting to happen" or something along those lines.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
4-3 d schemes (cover 2 specifically) favor bigger physical corners that are good at bump and run cause they have coverage over the top and in the line backers dropping off.

Right. Peanut was great here but wouldn't have been nearly as effective in a scheme where he would have been asked to play man all the time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its a shame Cutler was stuck with Langford and not Howard when he played

Howard looks awesome ,, Amazing to think that Fox would still be starting Langford if not for injury

Says a lot about Fox

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Bears offense looking good so far in this opening drive

Colts will spot them a 2 possession lead--it's standard procedure under Pagano. Watch out if they show a clip of him clapping his hands at that moment because that's when they decide to show up.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I wouldn't go that far

Loved Forte as a Bear and if you combined our RB's into one person they still wouldn't be close to blocker/receiver he was

Yeah, but it's also hard to underestimate how much his poor goalline running hurt this team. Not being able to punch it in was a Bears trademark for most of the Forte years.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Colts will spot them a 2 possession lead--it's standard procedure under Pagano. Watch out if they show a clip of him clapping his hands at that moment because that's when they decide to show up.

I think I've seen 3 Colt games this year. For some reason their games have been on in Chicago most weeks this season. They have not impressed me....they have mediocrity written all over them. Especially their defense. That said, the Bears might be worse.

Colts kick a FG and tie it at 3-3.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah, but it's also hard to underestimate how much his poor goalline running hurt this team. Not being able to punch it in was a Bears trademark for most of the Forte years.

Bears should have drafted/developed a solid #2 behind him instead of bringing into guys like Taylor , Barber , etc to be #2

Though Barber was solid in role and a good complement to Forte but had some fumbling issues at worst times

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think I've seen 3 Colt games this year. For some reason their games have been on in Chicago most weeks this season. They have not impressed me....they have mediocrity written all over them. Especially their defense. That said, the Bears might be worse.

Luck is also starting to show signs of being another Stafford

THat one big year may be a odd production ,, He has regressed as QB since that year

People blame OL , Coaching , etc but watching Luck he is making a lot of mistakes on his own

Like passing up on that open WR and getting sacked. Infact he holds ball far too long

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014

It's amazing that Pagano and Grigson were re-upped for several years and tied together contractually by Irsay. They're making the same mistakes they have made since Luck's rookie year--slow starts and foolishly trying to play "3 yards & a cloud of dust" football when their personnel doesn't fit that.

I saw a lot of frustrating Colts-style nonsense in the way the Bears/Texans game went. These teams seem eerily similar in that they have some talent, but the powers that be aren't qualified for their jobs to put that talent to its best use.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Bears should have drafted/developed a solid #2 behind him instead of bringing into guys like Taylor , Barber , etc to be #2

Though Barber was solid in role and a good complement to Forte but had some fumbling issues at worst times

Yeah, Barber also was dumb as a rock and cost the Bears the Broncos game when he went out of bounds as they tried to run the clock off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad