Bears and NFL Talk thread XLIII: Bears lose in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Please, Cutler missed two deep balls, threw a pick six, and was generally terrible with his accuracy all day.

And the D made Gabbert look like a hybrid of Montana/Young at end while Robbie simply stunk up joint

It was team loss today with a lot of suck

Still should have won even with it all if Gould didn't choke

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'd put this on the offense before the defense. But the real villain here is Robbie Gould. He missed two gimmies. If he hits either of them the Bears win in regulation.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
And the D made Gabbert look like a hybrid of Montana/Young at end while Robbie simply stunk up joint

It was team loss today with a lot of suck

Still should have won even with it all if Gould didn't choke
Yes, it was a team loss. Never said it wasn't. But I was responding to the guy trying to pin it on Fox/Gase calling a conservative offense.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Please, Cutler missed two deep balls, threw a pick six, and was generally terrible with his accuracy all day.

Yeah he had a bad game, but the pick six was because the wideout didn't block the cornerback. Just like most of the day the play call was executed poorly.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes, it was a team loss. Never said it wasn't. But I was responding to the guy trying to pin it on Fox/Gase calling a conservative offense.

Well it is becoming a problem

It has always been a problem with Fox going back to Carolina. He is unwilling to step his foot on neck of opponent and goes ultra-conservative late

Look at all those wasted runs up middle with Forte on 1st and 2nd down setting up 3rd and longs

You cant expect all season to succeed putting your QB and offense in constant 3rd and long

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Yeah he had a bad game, but the pick six was because the wideout didn't block the cornerback. Just like most of the day the play call was executed poorly.
Yeah execution was brutal...it seemed like they new the quick screen was coming, Ward broke almost immediately on it before the most-inside WR could get out to block him.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Well it is becoming a problem

It has always been a problem with Fox going back to Carolina. He is unwilling to step his foot on neck of opponent and goes ultra-conservative late

Look at all those wasted runs up middle with Forte on 1st and 2nd down setting up 3rd and longs

You cant expect all season to succeed putting your QB and offense in constant 3rd and long
They haven't been putting him in a lot of 3rd and longs at all. The runs have been putting them in 3rd and short/middle a hell of a lot more than the 3rd and 8-12s. Today's 3rd and longs were mostly because of the penalties.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I will never understand why Bears don't allow Cutler to play to his strength

Key point in game when offense got going ,, All year Cutler has made plays outside of pocket

Yet time and again they call game like he has Warner mobility

Its been problem since they acquired him ,, They have tried to force him into mold of pocket passer when his greatest strength is outside pocket

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Why is football so week to week with emotion? This team is terrible why do I get my hopes up after a few wins.

I just can't get it permanently in me head this is a 7-9 win football team at best.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I didn't think the playing was bad at all, didn't execute and the niners played pretty good defense. Can't miss two easy field goals

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
You can nitpick Cutler all you want, but they lost because of Gould. He had two chances at very makeable field goals. An NFL kicker needs to make one of those.

Even with a bad game, Cutler put them in a position to win.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They haven't been putting him in a lot of 3rd and longs at all. The runs have been putting them in 3rd and short/middle a hell of a lot more than the 3rd and 8-12s. Today's 3rd and longs were mostly because of the penalties.

Disagree

All year Cutler and offense have pulled magic out of ass on 3rd and longs in every game

Its happens too frequently that he ends up facing 3rd and 8 , etc

Only time they don't face 3rd and long is in redzone but that has its own problems to be dealt with

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Yet time and again they call game like he has Warner mobility

Its been problem since they acquired him ,, They have tried to force him into mold of pocket passer when his greatest strength is outside pocket

I'm pretty sure you don't watch the games. They've had cutler on the move all season

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Disagree

All year Cutler and offense have pulled magic out of ass on 3rd and longs in every game

Its happens too frequently that he ends up facing 3rd and 8 , etc

Only time they don't face 3rd and long is in redzone but that has its own problems to be dealt with
Pretty much every broadcast, especially nationally, they mention how running the ball on early downs is helping them avoid 3rd and longs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'm pretty sure you don't watch the games. They've had cutler on the move all season

No they haven't

There has barely been any designed roll outs

Cutler getting out of pocket is usually him escaping and making plays

Another issue is the Bears lack of play action ,, Seriously they never use it despite the very potential it has to open up offensive attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad