Bears and NFL Talk thread XLII: Bears lose to the hapless Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point the Bears should just plan on cutting losses with Fuller in offseason

Guy is a bust and just another in long list of disappointments at draft for Bears

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
What were you guys expecting? The Bears have the worst talent on defense in the NFL. A 2-4 record is what they are, and if anything, it's over-achieving.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'll reserve judgement on pace, but fox is exactly who I feared he would be and exactly who I said he was when the bears hired him.

Pace hired him

Also Pace offseason was not good outside of McGhee move and his 1st draft is yielding very little for Bears

Lets not forget it was Pace who signed that POS Ray Macdonald

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
What were you guys expecting? The Bears have the worst talent on defense in the NFL. A 2-4 record is what they are, and if anything, it's over-achieving.
Please, plenty of teams have had successful regular seasons riding their offense. Can't do it when your idiot coach plays like the defense is good.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

That doesn't explain the awful play calling and ultra conservative BS we see week after week

Fox was never a good coach ,, His time in Carolina was exactly like Lovie here

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also it was Pace/Fox who decided to go with Fangio and scrap 4-3 D

Bears D talent (What little there was) was all 4-3 geared and they essentially threw away picks such as Sutton/Ferguson who showed promise last year and look like awful fits in 3-4

By scrapping 4-3 D and forcing all this 4-3 players into 3-4 scheme the Bears will be forced to rebuild completely a defense that could have been built up from parts we had in place

Bears had a pretty good group of DT's in 4-3 last year (Ratlif + Paea + Ferguson + Sutton). They should have retained 4-3 and rebuilt rest of it around that group of DT's

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also with TDL coming up and Bears not planning on keeping Forte longterm

They really need to get rid of him for any sort of return they can. Its pointless to keep him around just to lose him in offseason for nothing (They wont franchise him)

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Also it was Pace/Fox who decided to go with Fangio and scrap 4-3 D

Bears D talent (What little there was) was all 4-3 geared and they essentially threw away picks such as Sutton/Ferguson who showed promise last year and look like awful fits in 3-4

By scrapping 4-3 D and forcing all this 4-3 players into 3-4 scheme the Bears will be forced to rebuild completely a defense that could have been built up from parts we had in place

Bears had a pretty good group of DT's in 4-3 last year (Ratlif + Paea + Ferguson + Sutton). They should have retained 4-3 and rebuilt rest of it around that group of DT's

As bad as the defense has been, it hasn't been as bad as last year. So I don't see how we can blame the shift to 3-4. Would you have preferred they kept the 4-3 and Mel Tucker?

You guys have expectations that would have been impossible to reach. This team needs a rebuild. It's going to take time. It would have taken time no matter who they brought in.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I mean, that's not a valid criticism. They were rebuilding the defense regardless, go with who you think is the best coordinator, dont hire a guy who runs a 43 just so you can keep some okay players from a bottom 3 unit in the NFL.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As bad as the defense has been, it hasn't been as bad as last year. So I don't see how we can blame the shift to 3-4. Would you have preferred they kept the 4-3 and Mel Tucker?

You guys have expectations that would have been impossible to reach. This team needs a rebuild. It's going to take time. It would have taken time no matter who they brought in.

If Bears are rebuilding why bring in a guy like Fox as coach? Fox isn't the type of coach you want for a rebuild at this point

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
You might have a point there. I think they stole that win in KC. Might be 1-5 with most other coaches.

lol they also gave away a win today. And gave away any shot of competing with cutler out because Derp Fox rubber stamped Clausen.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If Bears are rebuilding why bring in a guy like Fox as coach? Fox isn't the type of coach you want for a rebuild at this point

The culture at Halas had to change and that is what Fox brings. Their is also a chance that they love Gase as a HC candidate but are paying Fox to eat the bad 2 years. Just ideas.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
The culture at Halas had to change and that is what Fox brings. Their is also a chance that they love Gase as a HC candidate but are paying Fox to eat the bad 2 years. Just ideas.

if that's the plan, we're in serious trouble.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Fox can't beat that team? Embarrassing.

The records may be different but the Bears are on the same level as the Lions. Don't kid yourself.

As a Lions fan coming in peace, I can safely proclaim that both of these teams are garbage.

What I don't understand, however, was the overturn TD awarded to Golden Tate. Which should have been an INT. The NFL rubber stamps that call but can't award Calvin Johnson a TD years ago in Chicago as "the process of the catch wasn't complete".

Such nonsense.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Dont know if this should be posted here or in the visiting chicago thread...

Got a friend and she just got diagnosed with some bad medical news. I am planning to take her to chicago to take in a bears game in november (vs broncos). I am pretty broke but its worth it to help chear her up.

That being said does anyone have any recomendations on the best way to get tickets at the best price possible? Ill end up at noes bleeds due to my poorness but anything would help.

Thanks guys!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Dont know if this should be posted here or in the visiting chicago thread...

Got a friend and she just got diagnosed with some bad medical news. I am planning to take her to chicago to take in a bears game in november (vs broncos). I am pretty broke but its worth it to help chear her up.

That being said does anyone have any recomendations on the best way to get tickets at the best price possible? Ill end up at noes bleeds due to my poorness but anything would help.

Thanks guys!

Wait til the week of. You'll get the best deal when season ticket holders get desperate.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
That coach was 50% refs and 50% being conservative. Cutler and the offense showed that the Bears could move the ball at will. The defense showed they could stop nothing.

Between giving the Lions a TD on what should have been a turnover, and the BS call before regulation time ended, the refs need to be suspended a few games. That was horrible. They really need to make the replays done by a neutral party in the offices like the NHL and MLB. Horrible.

What the hell was Fox doing all game. I really hate that run on EVERY first and second down the majority of the 2nd half. Also, I realize you're in FG range for the Lions, but 4th and one literal inch you need to go for it when your defense has given up 400+ yards. Conservative doesn't win when you're team is not very good. Maybe when you have an amazing D or a top offense that can come back when it needs to. Very bad play calling.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
The Bears are a bad Team and still not made for the POs. Wow, totally shocked.

In other News, water is wet and the sky is blue

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
if that's the plan, we're in serious trouble.

I honestly don't think the Bears will be relevant again while the McCaskey's own the team. Just don't know if the understand how to run a football team. They sure as hell know how to run a business though. Good lord, all the money they have been taking from the fans for the last decade.

Year Revenue ($MM)
2006 209
2007 226
2008 241
2009 254
2010 266
2011 286
2012 298
2013 309
2014 352

Status
Not open for further replies.