Beachbody Series Thread (Insanity Max 30 Released)

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Awesome stuff. I'm entering month two. I freaking love Cardio Challenge, Friday Fight, and Tabata Strength. Three of the best workouts out of any Shaun T workouts.

I'm probably going to keep Friday Fight as a workout even when I head back to the gym after Insanity Max 30. That's a solid cardio day and I can add 10 minutes of stretching before and after to make it a PERFECT Friday workout.

Cool stuff, good job! In your opinion, how does Max 30 measure up versus T25? I am considering grabbing Max 30 because I think it has the components I like in Insanity put the reduced time of T25. I did Asylum too and that was just effing ridiculous. That is one badass workout

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
T25 is probably better for overall working out, staying in shape, and looking for just an all-around good solid workout at your hands for 25 minutes.

Insanity Max 30 is a mental struggle. You have to be built for this type of workout because it's going to test your mental strength. It is definitely one of the coolest workouts ever if you like putting your body through hell in order to test how far you can go. On the flip side - I see some hate for it from the people who don't like failing. They say it's too hard and too much.

So depends on what type of workout person you are. It's a great 60 day test of will. I highly recommend it to anyone but caution the extreme amount of impact and be okay with failing! It's hard but that's the purpose. :)

Hopefully that wasnt' too confusing. It's basically 5 minute segments of death with a 30 second break.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Hopefully that wasnt' too confusing. It's basically 5 minute segments of death with a 30 second break.

There must be something wrong with me because I actively seek out these voluntary death sentences:laugh:

Thanks for the break down on that one though.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well, I finished Max:30 this morning. :)

It was great, honestly. I enjoyed Month 2 a lot more actually, I felt like my progression was more noticeable and my times got better faster than they did in Month 1.

Time for a week off, then up for round 2!

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well, I finished Max:30 this morning. :)

It was great, honestly. I enjoyed Month 2 a lot more actually, I felt like my progression was more noticeable and my times got better faster than they did in Month 1.

Time for a week off, then up for round 2!

Yeah month 2 sadly got me ready for the beach a little early. My body is ripped and that's w/ zero weights. Now i go into my 10 week gym routine and ummmm... the work is mostly done.

Glad you enjoyed it like I did. It's nothing I will throw in over and over again, but when I need to challenge my mind and body - it took me to new levels. I honestly train so differently now w/ Shaun T in my life :laugh: I push to limits I wouldn't have dreamed of. My lifts are better. My body is at a level I only believed personal trained people could look. I FEEL better. I have more time. And not that it matters, but I even have more cash in the pocket because i'm not driving all over gods green earth to make it to my gym before it closes :laugh:

What are you moving on to now?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yeah month 2 sadly got me ready for the beach a little early. My body is ripped and that's w/ zero weights. Now i go into my 10 week gym routine and ummmm... the work is mostly done.

Glad you enjoyed it like I did. It's nothing I will throw in over and over again, but when I need to challenge my mind and body - it took me to new levels. I honestly train so differently now w/ Shaun T in my life :laugh: I push to limits I wouldn't have dreamed of. My lifts are better. My body is at a level I only believed personal trained people could look. I FEEL better. I have more time. And not that it matters, but I even have more cash in the pocket because i'm not driving all over gods green earth to make it to my gym before it closes :laugh:

What are you moving on to now?

I'm going to do another round of it because I'm going travelling in the summer and I leave in 12 weeks and I don't really believe it's worth it to start something with any long-term implications (since I'll be gone for 5 weeks). So I figure another 8 weeks improving my Max:30 times will only improve me more! I'm not at that "ripped" stage anyways, still have a bit of a gut so I'm gonna make an actual effort with my diet this time and hopefully see my abs for once. :laugh:

How about you?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I'm slowly working my way to doing the full T-25 program. Honestly, all the jumping is a little hard on my legs and it's taking me longer to recover between workouts than I'd like, but it HAS been getting better. In the meantime, I'm doing the core workouts regularly on my off days and am really liking the results so far. I would be doing these workouts in the morning and keeping up my regular strength workouts in my office on Mon/Wed/Fri. I may tweak the T-25 schedule to match up with that and use Tue/Thur/Sat as my core work days with the option of adding in some additinaal work like the Cardio or Speed workouts on Saturday.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have 5 more weeks of my strength circuit left in the gym before I start Insanity The Asylum. I've thrown some of the Asylum workouts on and man.. it's a GREAT athlete's workout. The agility rope, jump rope, and strength is all for explosiveness and quick feet.

Cannot get enough of it. 5 more weeks at building strength and I cannot wait to tackle this beast.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I have 5 more weeks of my strength circuit left in the gym before I start Insanity The Asylum. I've thrown some of the Asylum workouts on and man.. it's a GREAT athlete's workout. The agility rope, jump rope, and strength is all for explosiveness and quick feet.

Cannot get enough of it. 5 more weeks at building strength and I cannot wait to tackle this beast.

I think I said it before, but mad respect for you tackling Asylum. That is one badass workout. Awesome stuff dude and keep us in the loop on your progress!

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I went through each workout and wow.. Strength/Plyo are tough. Speed/agility I killed easily but I have been training with jump ropes, agility ladders, box jumps, etc since I was 14/15 training for hockey (29 now). I was sweating so freaking much it was ridiculous.

I'll post updates on here. If anyone is going through Max 30, Insanity, or T25 - post your updates here. I'd love to see how you are doing and what you are accomplishing.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I have two weeks of Max 30 Month 2 left. This hasn't been the easiest month though because I messed up my ankle and my spine (two separate injuries, though they happened at the same time lol) so I was forced to basically skip a week and I lost a lot of momentum in the process. So my times were up in the 14-15 minute range and then I took the week off and I'm back at around 8-9 minutes. Kind of annoying. Still pushing through them though - it's better than doing nothing at least lol.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
As someone who has done a few rounds of Insanity over the past several years (and some work with Asylum), I decided to give Max:30 a shot. I love it. I'm only two weeks in and am already noticing differences in definition and my cardio ability. I let myself get out of shape a bit during the school year, so I need to get my fitness level back up to where it needs to be, and Max:30 seems like it will be a great way.

And as someone who has been both a gym rat and an Insanity user, I can tell you I much rather prefer Insanity, especially because the explosiveness and intense cardio training correlates much better with hockey for me. I'm a much better hockey player when I'm in shape (duh), and the Insanity series has done more for me in that sense than lifting/cardio at the gym did.

As others have said, Shaun T is a great motivating coach. The videos are not easy by any means, but the challenge of pushing myself is rewarding after finishing a video. I definitely would recommend this to anyone looking for a new fitness experience.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kick ass! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on month 2. Month 2 results were insane. I was beach ready before even heading to the gym for 10 weeks to cut.

In the first month.. Tabata Strength and Cardio Challenge were my favorites. What do you like so far?

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Kick ass! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on month 2. Month 2 results were insane. I was beach ready before even heading to the gym for 10 weeks to cut.

In the first month.. Tabata Strength and Cardio Challenge were my favorites. What do you like so far?
Awesome, I love to hear that. I'm looking forward to see what Month 2 does for me, then.

I'd say Cardio Challenge is my favorite so far, but tomorrow will by my first day doing Tabata Strength so I will let you know what I think of it. The reviews make it sound like an entirely different animal from Tabata Power.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

Just finished Tabata Strength. Man, that was a whole different animal. I can't imagine what the Month 2 Tabata videos are going to be like after that one. I made it to 11 minutes and then just died on the knee diamond pushup holds.

I am in total agreement with you that Cardio Challenge and Tabata Strength are my favorites so far now.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Anyone have a suggestion for something to supplement on non-playing days? Do these programs work well say 5 days out of the week, compared to following the program everyday and what it was designed for?

Looking for cardio conditioning and core/upper body strength.

Thanks!

DaDucks*

anyone see that email about the free trial for beach body streaming? Seems pretty sweet to me, I'll check it out after I complete max 30......

Im really happy to know that there are endless options now. I fell off after I ran through insanity back to back with nothing else to move on to.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I tried it out. Stream gets a bit choppy at times. I think it's definitely the way of the future, but at this time I think the DVDs and having a location to work out w/ the DVDs is the best option.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Which program would you guys suggest for just looking to bulk up basically? I'm already in pretty solid shape cardio wise.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I only know Shaun T and can say none of those are for bulking. I think the best way to bulk is hitting the gym and doing 5x5.

I've seen people talk about Body Beast (is that the name?). Maybe check out reviews on that one.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I only know Shaun T and can say none of those are for bulking. I think the best way to bulk is hitting the gym and doing 5x5.

I've seen people talk about Body Beast (is that the name?). Maybe check out reviews on that one.

Is P90X not a bulking program?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad