OT - NO POLITICS Beach, beer, cookouts, ice cream. It’s Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
@Bruinaura How are you with the recent flooding? Hope you got gas yesterday also..

Ida's remnants are aiming straight for us. While it's just wind a rain we have to be careful of microbursts(mini tornados) and large flash flooding has been strangely a thing this year.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
oooooh!
The funny thing is they never lasted more than the first day. A couple of hours in the yard and they weren't new and pretty anymore!
We used to get new tennis shoes and new jeans at the start of every year.

I can smell this picture. :laugh:

1eab7ae7e7ffae5d761528960746535c.jpg

I also remember having to "break in" the new jeans, they were always kind of stiff and rough.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@Bruinaura How are you with the recent flooding? Hope you got gas yesterday also..

Ida's remnants are aiming straight for us. While it's just wind a rain we have to be careful of microbursts(mini tornados) and large flash flooding has been strangely a thing this year.
I'm OK, the flooding was mostly an hour or two west of here. Not looking good for those people when Ida remnants come through. They've already issued a flood watch here for Monday and Tuesday.

I have 3/4 of a tank but should probably top it off today.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'm OK, the flooding was mostly an hour or two west of here. Not looking good for those people when Ida remnants come through. They've already issued a flood watch here for Monday and Tuesday.

I have 3/4 of a tank but should probably top it off today.

Well, might want to do it soon. Gas prices are already rising here and I filled up yesterday. I think they will continue to rise so better sooner than later I think.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
People should go get gas today because by mid week, the prices are going to skyrocket as Ida is going directly over the major drilling platforms

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I'm watching a Storm Chaser's live feed from the eyewall. A guy just walked by while walking his dogs. Storm Chaser just told someone on the phone that he recorded one gust of wind over 200 mph.

Meanwhile...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm watching a Storm Chaser's live feed from the eyewall. A guy just walked by while walking his dogs. Storm Chaser just told someone on the phone that he recorded one gust of wind over 200 mph.

Meanwhile...

Good god

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
How many times does God have to tell humans that they shouldn't live somewhere before they listen?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
RIP Lou Grant

Ed Asner, legendary actor, activist and philanthropist, passed away peacefully Sunday morning, surrounded by family. He was 91.
Asner, former president of the Screen Actors Guild, is best known for his role as Lou Grant on both The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff Lou Grant, pulling off the extremely rare feet of playing the same character in both a comedy and a drama series.
He is the most awarded male performer in Emmy history with seven wins — five of them for playing Lou Grant. He also received the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award in 2001.

Asner’s long list of credits also include the movies Elf, one of several movies in which he played Santa Claus, and Pixar’s Oscar-winning Up, in which he voiced the lead, Carl Fredricksen. He was most recently seen guest starring on the Emmy-nominated comedy series Cobra Kai, playing Johnny Lawrence’s step-father, Sid Weinberg.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Baton Rouge is in the crosshairs but it is good that New Orleans will not have to deal with the eye of this thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad