Salary Cap: Be the GM Thread | 2013 offseason and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Can’t keep doing the same old stuff. We need bigger bodies that can win board battles and better role players:

Cya later: Byslma, Fleury, Orpik, Iginla, Morrow, Jokinen, Niskanen, Glass, Kennedy, Cooke, Eaton. Would love to keep Cooke but a three year contract and it hurts when his penalties are five minutes instead of two.

Maybe list: Murray, Dupuis, and Kunitz. Bennett and Neal are locks for the top six. Now you only have two more spots. We need size. We need role players. With Kunitz’s good year if he could net us a younger top four D or a younger bigger top six forward; why not? Dupuis is going to get paid and he is too reliant on Crosby to score especially in the playoffs to justify big dollars. I cannot foresee going back to the playoffs with basically the same top six besides Bennett getting more playing time. This top six had two goals in four games and I would hate to watch the same thing over again.

I don't see how Kunitz and Murray are maybes.

And how Dupuis is a maybe if you want to get bigger and tougher to play against

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I kinda would like to try Jokinen with Malkin. He can take faceoffs so Malkin's line doesn't have to be shuffled or only put out on the fly and he can also take some of Malkin's defensive responsibilities should he and Neal get caught deep in the offensive zone. And he's hit the 50 point mark three times in his career so he's as much a top-6 forward as Dupuis is.

Kunitz - Crosby - Bennett
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
XXXX - Vitale - XXXX

Yeah that's a pretty good idea. We have heard that Jokinen is a guy who takes advantage when playing with skill, we saw that when he centered Dupuis and Iginla. The guy is just a fit for the top 6.

For the 4th line I would re-sign Craig Adams for RW. As for the LW, it's gotta be Sill, I know you disagree with that, but the guy has had 4 years of development in the AHL. At that level he is a physical player who is a good shot blocker and PKer. I think he can play that role in the NHL with the Pens.

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
I don't see how Kunitz and Murray are maybes.

And how Dupuis is a maybe if you want to get bigger and tougher to play against

Kunitz and Dupuis are not really maybes for me but this board would freak out.

If I see the same forward group besides one or two guys, I am going to puke.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Completely impractical contract numbers. And Zack Sill, a guy that wasn't even an everyday player for the baby Pens, is suddenly an everyday player in the NHL? Don't think so.

Which ones are completely impractical? Dupuis? I don't want to pay him what he could get on the open market. I resigned all the RFAs for just the qualifying offer. There's wiggle room, too.

As far as Sill goes, he's ready for the NHL. He doesn't have to be an everyday player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad