Speculation: Be Slats ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGRDunDunDunDunDa

Mar 17, 2011
Only if he really wants to come here. He is a great player.
Finisher, Leader, compete level. Will score that occasional Big goal.
If we make 2 major moves getting rid of Richards and Staal
we need to fill this.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

I don't know what to say to this.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Only if he really wants to come here. He is a great player.
Finisher, Leader, compete level. Will score that occasional Big goal.
If we make 2 major moves getting rid of Richards and Staal
we need to fill this.

did you watch the conference finals? Guy was invisible. He's going to be 35 and he's another 5'7 or below player, one that isn't nearly as good as the other two we have. No. It isn't happening. And he would get 3 years at most.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
did you watch the conference finals? Guy was invisible. He's going to be 35 and he's another 5'7 or below player, one that isn't nearly as good as the other two we have. No. It isn't happening. And he would get 3 years at most.

And he is not a center, and that leadership schtick is lame.

Water1

May 4, 2013
We need to get a little bit bigger, not smaller, no to Gionta, yes to Boyle. Buy out Richards and let him coach.
I think that with bigger players we could wear down the opposition a little bit more and perhaps not have to play 7 game series all the time. Finishing and the pp are the problem spots and we need to get players in front of the net and that are not knocked off the puck easily.

We saw this team take a huge step back after we dealt two core pieces for Nash. Can this team match this success, let alone best it next season if they gut the room again? Sorry about no quote for this.

Second round is not to much of a step back.

We need to look at the last 5 champs (Chicago, Boston, and Los Angeles) all are big and strong with a good mix of skill, and that is why I am saying to get bigger.

Though I do believe that we are on our way

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
-A decision has to be made with Marc Staal. He's a FA after next year, and if a contract isn't going to get done, trade him. See what he wants money wise, and if it's not reasonable, deal him.
-I'd shop Nash, but I wouldn't be ready to sell him at any cost. If the package the Rangers receiving isn't good enough, I wouldn't be upset about keeping him. Maybe keep him and hope he ups his value during next year, and then move him. If the package is right though, I wouldn't be afraid to move him at all.
-The obvious: Buy out Richards. No questions there.

Water1

May 4, 2013
You never know with Nash
He may come back with a vengeance and redeem himself
Imho he was humbled by this and will use it as motivation

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Gionta 4yrs/15M
2014-3.5M
2015-4.0M
2016-4.0M
2017-3.5M

michael-scott-no.gif

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
If the history has shown us anything, it's that ANYBODY can be traded and value can be had for almost any player.

He has a NMC, so unless he wants to leave ... no. Plus I don't think trading him makes the team better unless you are freeing the cap space completely and getting a young cheap stud to replace his production and value.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Staal is going to be a difficult decision. If Stralman can be resigned you can move him at the draft or offseason. I believe he has much more trade value that way.
If Stralman goes, do nothing with him and let his contract run out and try and resign him.
I dont see them resigning Boyle
I dont see Poo coming back
I dont see Carcillo coming back
D. Moore should be resigned. 3-4 years

Avoid Spezza and any other shiny toy.

I don't think Spezza is a bad option ... of course depending what Ottawa would want.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I would like to see Stralman back but he's not a sign at any cost kind of player. As an UFA he might just get a lot more than he's worth. He's still a 2nd pairing defenseman who put up very little offense for us this year. He was great in the playoffs but even so--the cutoff for me is about $4 mil per and if Stralman isn't coming back I'm not moving Staal unless there is a big overpayment.

It's the way I look at Boyle as well. You can only put so many $'s out for a 4th line center. And I don't think it's unreasonable for Boyle or Stralman to leave for more $'s but I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to stay for less either. Very arguable to my mind that the Rangers took both players who were going nowhere and made them into productive NHL players. It should count for something.

On the issue of UFA's--the big ticket guys more often than not disappoint--and then they're ****ing up your cap numbers until their term ends. It's usually better going with younger UFA's--26, 27, 28 year olds. I don't think we're seriously going to address the 1st line center problem by signing Stastny. Nor do I think Joe Thornton who has made slighting remarks about the Rangers more than once and who has never ever led a team deep into the playoffs or even been part of such thing. Avoid the injury prone like Skinner--avoid players on the downside of their careers like Spezza--avoid players who have heartless playoffs like Vanek. Avoid one dimensional players.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I would like to see Stralman back but he's not a sign at any cost kind of player. As an UFA he might just get a lot more than he's worth. He's still a 2nd pairing defenseman who put up very little offense for us this year. He was great in the playoffs but even so--the cutoff for me is about $4 mil per and if Stralman isn't coming back I'm not moving Staal unless there is a big overpayment.

It's the way I look at Boyle as well. You can only put so many $'s out for a 4th line center. And I don't think it's unreasonable for Boyle or Stralman to leave for more $'s but I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to stay for less either. Very arguable to my mind that the Rangers took both players who were going nowhere and made them into productive NHL players. It should count for something.

On the issue of UFA's--the big ticket guys more often than not disappoint--and then they're ****ing up your cap numbers until their term ends. It's usually better going with younger UFA's--26, 27, 28 year olds. I don't think we're seriously going to address the 1st line center problem by signing Stastny. Nor do I think Joe Thornton who has made slighting remarks about the Rangers more than once and who has never ever led a team deep into the playoffs or even been part of such thing. Avoid the injury prone like Skinner--avoid players on the downside of their careers like Spezza--avoid players who have heartless playoffs like Vanek. Avoid one dimensional players.

What about Ryan Kesler?

Water1

May 4, 2013

I agree
Maybe the strategy should be to go after the younger ones who have something to prove. Size and speed and inexpensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad