Status
Not open for further replies.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
1.) Buy out Richards
2.) Shop Nash
3.) Kick the tires on Kadri and Pavelski... And Weber (doesn't hurt to ask)
4.) Resign our FAs
5.) Don't look to the "big" free agents. Mistake written all over all of them. Stick to the trade route. Free agency is a joke with the new CBA.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Little shocked at how many people want Nash out.

Why shocked? Little to no drive to the net, doesn't know how to use his big body, easily falls on his ass, and can't produce points to save his life.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Why shocked? Little to no drive to the net, doesn't know how to use his big body, easily falls on his ass, and can't produce points to save his life.

Even though he was a no show in the playoffs ... you do need goal production during the season to win games. Is his cap hit a problem? Of course, but I am not going to put complete blame on him for the reason we lost. I do think we need to find a way to get him going though. He has talent ... it just disappeared.

BarbaraAlphanse

1) Richards amnesty.
2) Resign Stralman, Boyle, D. Moore + Zuke, Brass, Kreider
3) Trade Staal + Dorsett + Kristo for Edler and Kassian
4) JT takes over 2C
5) Allen takes over 6 LD

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
That is a lofty jump to put JT @ 2nd line C. Would you consider Stastny?

I'd consider Spezza too, honestly. Just have to hear what Ottawa wants.

EDIT: I actually take that back. He only has a year left on his contract and he may want more once it's up.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Here is a Q:

If you assume that B. Richards is bought out (which is almost a given at this point) ... would you sign Stastny to replace Richards? What would he cost/yr?

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Nash is a good player but you can't have good players taking up $7.8 million in cap space.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
I've been waiting for this question...

1) Buy out or dare I say find a trade for Brad Richards (likely buy out)
2) Trade Marc Staal for package that includes Jeff Skinner (Ulfie will be coaching there before long and I'm afraid he'll be too expensive exit offseason i.e. Cally)
3) Rick Nash, Rich Nash, what to do with him... I sincerely hope he learned quite a bit from this run to use as motivation, and I believe we keep him despite what we saw this playoff in production
4) Resign Zucc, Brass, D Moore, obviously Kreider... Boyle gets big payday elsewhere and becomes Prust part 2... I believe Stralman comes back to play with his countryman in net... Pouliot a possibility to return, unless we find a better replacement at wing

As much as some of us might wanna bulk up so we can beat the Kings, I think we need to build further through skill and speed... Draft size/grit or build the assets to acquire it, but I personally don't think we were pounded to a pulp. It came down to us not having enough playmakers... Game breakers... We had our Justin Williams in Brad Richards, he just didn't show up...

As we progress, we need to continue AVs identity of speed/skill/puck possession , I only hope I we continue on in that direction into this offseason.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
I'd consider Spezza too, honestly. Just have to hear what Ottawa wants.

EDIT: I actually take that back. He only has a year left on his contract and he may want more once it's up.

Spezza wants out so Ottawa's hand is relatively forced into making a deal. I think that's where the Rangers realistically start their search for a #1C. The hell with Stastny.

Edit: just saw Spezza only has one year left. Unless Ottawa is giving him away I'm not interested.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Spezza wants out so Ottawa's hand is relatively forced into making a deal. I think that's where the Rangers realistically start their search for a #1C. The hell with Stastny.

Still, what will Ottawa want back? Then, how much will Spezza want once his contract is up? I thought he still had a few more years but it's only one.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
pretty tough to navigate all these UFAs/RFAs

Ideally id say.

Buy out Brad Richards.

Find someone who can blast the puck from the point to bring in. Find a #1 Center to play with Nash. Get faster on D and O.

Not many/any bombers from the point so rangers might have to make Moore that guy (hes got a canon of a shot when he uses it)

Right now the only UFA that intrigues me is Grabovski.

Id be interested in making some trade though..rnagers need to get faster.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I think the real killer on the team (and I applaud his effort this year) was Richards ... but moving forward from him financially will be a smart move. The only problem is we have 2 centers (Step and Brass) ... if we resign Moore he is an excellent 3/4 C, but we still need someone up the middle with skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad