Speculation: Be Slats ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
He has a NMC, so unless he wants to leave ... no. Plus I don't think trading him makes the team better unless you are freeing the cap space completely and getting a young cheap stud to replace his production and value.

He may want to leave. Get a new start.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
He may want to leave. Get a new start.

Problem is while Nash may not find NYC to his liking, he may not be interested in going to a team that doesn't have much of a chance of winning a Stanley Cup anytime soon. He may not have produced, but he's a professional hockey player who has dreamed about skating around the ice with the Cup and got within 3 wins of that dream.

If he does agree to a trade--it better not be to a team in the East.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yes, lets trade Nash... so this can happen all over again..

1545987_10203956116482460_1032699255717934487_n.jpg

remember how "done" this guy was?..

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Very intrigued by signing Grabovski...
Thornton out up 70+ points last year ... They're solid, but his 6.75M cap hit is a tough pill to swallow... Also unsure of what assets it would take to get him
Pavelski is an easier version of thornton... 6m cap hit and a 60 point player
O'Reilly would be awesome but I'm not sure if that's happening...
Eric staal is an interesting piece to look into as well. Though he us not tied down with any clauses in his contact... Might be difficult to get him

Not many other center men I'd be into .. Maybe Derek Roy... But nobody else. None of these crazy high cap hit players unless the trading team wants to hold some salary.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yes, lets trade Nash... so this can happen all over again..

1545987_10203956116482460_1032699255717934487_n.jpg

remember how "done" this guy was?..

Does it matter if he wasn't going to put up those numbers for us? How did he do in Columbus?

If we had gotten rid of Torts first, maybe it would have been a different story, but the players we got for him provided much needed depth. We don't make it to the finals without that depth.

xChrisTilDeathx

May 25, 2014
Florida
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at the teams that won it over the past 10 years, the one consistent thing they all had was: they all played together as a group for greater that 3 years.

I say resign everyone you can and cut the fat. Keep Boyal, stralman, staal, and puiliot. Buy out Richards, bring up miller and see if we can trade Nash for a proven goal scorer in the POST SEASON. If not keep Nash and see if we can work on his offensive zone front net presence. See if he can play a more power froward type role for the team. DO NOT TRY TO LAND A FREE AGENT ACQUISITION.

Look at what our team lacks and go get it after you look at who didn't provide us with what were paying them for. Other than that keep us together and bring up the kids from Hartford.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at the teams that won it over the past 10 years, the one consistent thing they all had was: they all played together as a group for greater that 3 years.

I say resign everyone you can and cut the fat. Keep Boyal, stralman, staal, and puiliot. Buy out Richards, bring up miller and see if we can trade Nash for a proven goal scorer in the POST SEASON. If not keep Nash and see if we can work on his offensive zone front net presence. See if he can play a more power froward type role for the team. DO NOT TRY TO LAND A FREE AGENT ACQUISITION.

Look at what our team lacks and go get it after you look at who didn't provide us with what were paying them for. Other than that keep us together and bring up the kids from Hartford.

That is an excellent point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad