Be honest

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I listed the talent already that was in place in BOS. What makes you think Chia would be able to make the Oilers a playoffs team without that talent? (franchise Dman, franchise goalie, #1C and #2C)

My only concern is that he has no attachment to guys like Hall, Eberle, Draisaitl and Yakupov and might consider them expendables like he did with Boyes, Kessel and Seguin. With MacT we atleast know that these players are safe.

He would fit better in a team like the Leafs who have no "untouchables" and are starting a rebuild.

I would give MacT this offseason to improve on the core before giving up on both him and this core.

Oh no, better not trade one of our valuable assets. Better to watch this team flounder in the toilet until Hall, Eberle, and Nuge's contracts expire and they bolt out of here as fast as they can. This team isn't going to be even remotely competitive until those contracts expire with Dumb and Dumber at the helm.

Oct 15, 2008
They wouldn't have let him do an end of season presser about his plans going forward if they were going to fire him. MacT will be here for at least another season

disgusted-movie-angry-frustrated-clint-eastwood_200s.gif

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Being honest, I'm very confident MacT will be staying around but getting hit by lightning is far less likely to happen :D

HOWEVER, I think there COULD be a possibility the Oilers get him on board as an assistant GM and possibly replacing MacT once he gets promoted to Vice-President of Hockey Operations. (joking but it would probably happen)

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I wish we got Chiarelli but its a pipe dream. I love how some people crap all over the man after he is fired for missing the playoffs once since 2007, the same amount of time since we've been to the playoffs.

Look at the big picture. Everyone comes with hairs and warts. We're like an ugly dude being picky about a hot chick that wants to dance with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad