Be honest

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Im not asking for much , could we write a letter to Katz ? Anything ???

Im ... Im lost for words , I don't know anymore . I can't and won't cheer for another team but this is so hard , why don't they see this ? Does Katz have no shame ? No pride ? does he not want to win at all ?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Chirelli? Last GM I want in EDM..
BOS is gong show... 7.25M extension for Krejci.. Trades away Seguin .. has 60% of cap tied up in 6 guys. Rather have MacT

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
i'm an optimist so i voted yes.. but holy crap, how is katz doing nothing about the state of this team? If he ran rexall drugs like he runs the oilers, the business would go under. He has an opportunity right now to snap up a very good GM that would do absolute wonders to this team. Please dont squander this opportunity!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
BOS is gong show... 7.25M extension for Krejci.. Trades away Seguin .. has 60% of cap tied up in 6 guys. Rather have MacT

I'm not a huge Chiarelli fan either but this is just dumb.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007

he's won more cups than we've played playoff games in the last 9 years...

McCrumb

Nov 13, 2005
Nope. PC and Ken Holland could beg to be GM and assistant GM and Bowman could apply to run hockey operations and the Oilers organization would hang up on them. I am not even really joking.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

No , he would do something , take risks , anything at all not sit back and say oh well another year gone .

Do you think he would have went into a season with 2 NHL d man and then refuse to admit it was a mistake ???
Do you think he would went into a season already expecting to lose and have two back up goalies ???

He won a cup, do we even know what the playoffs are anymore ??

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
he's won more cups than we've played playoff games in the last 9 years...

So what.. Is he bringing along an elite goalie an elite Dman and forwards like Bergeron, Krejci and Lucic?

Like i said... rather have MacT.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Nope. PC and Ken Holland could beg to be GM and assistant GM and Bowman could apply to run hockey operations and the Oilers organization would hang up on them. I am not even really joking.

In all seriousness, the only hope we have is that one guy that told Mact that he had to fire eakins and I think that was Nicholson

he's our only hope into firing our management

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
So what.. Is he bringing along an elite goalie an elite Dman and forwards like Bergeron, Krejci and Lucic?

Like i said... rather have MacT.

Mac would rather sit back and do nothing , atlas PC will make moves, risks are needed , MAct is scared to make any move at all

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No , he would do something , take risks , anything at all not sit back and say oh well another year gone .

Do you think he would have went into a season with 2 NHL d man and then refuse to admit it was a mistake ???
Do you think he would went into a season already expecting to lose and have two back up goalies ???

He won a cup, do we even know what the playoffs are anymore ??

He would have traded Hall for a Dman.
he would have traded the 1st 2015 for a Phaneuf.
Just because he won a cup doesnt mean he will win us a cup. What did Burke do for Leafs? Where is cup there?

Traded away Boyes, Colborne, Boychuk, Seguin ..

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just because he won a cup doesnt mean he will win us a cup. What did Burke do for Leafs? Where is cup there?

Well there is this little matter of having to be withing 40 points of a playoff spot before thinking of winning a cup. I'd rather have:

chiarelli
Garth snow
Doug Maclean
Pierre MacGuire
Mike Milbury

than Craig MacTavish.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

He got wideman for boyes, boyes went on to have 2 good seasons after that
Colborne was looking like a bust at that point and remember he got traded once more after that
Seguin wasn't his choice and you know it

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i voted yes but i didnt read the question for the record

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He got wideman for boyes, boyes went on to have 2 good seasons after that
Colborne was looking like a bust at that point and remember he got traded once more after that
Seguin wasn't his choice and you know it

Wideman for Boyes was a pretty even trade back in 2007 if not a win for STL at that time.

Aside from the Seguin trades how many trades did Chirelli have to make to acquire #1G, top line talent or first pairing Dmen?

His list of trades is long but full of meh deals with him losing out on almost all of them.

Only good one I see was back in 2008 when he acquired Boychuk for Hendricks. Boychuk at that time was a prospect.

Unless we are willing to digest trading away Yakupov, Hall and maybe Klefbom for proven Dmen \ goalies we arent improving much.
MacT wont do it.. another GM might.

Build team around RNH, Eberle, Pouliot and the Dmen we pick up.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Wideman for Boyes was a pretty even trade back in 2007 if not a win for STL at that time.

Aside from the Seguin trades how many trades did Chirelli have to make to acquire #1G, top line talent or first pairing Dmen?

His list of trades is long but full of meh deals with him losing out on almost all of them.

Only good one I see was back in 2008 when he acquired Boychuk for Hendricks. Boychuk at that time was a prospect.

Unless we are willing to digest trading away Yakupov, Hall and maybe Klefbom for proven Dmen \ goalies we arent improving much.
MacT wont do it.. another GM might.

Build team around RNH, Eberle, Pouliot and the Dmen we pick up.

yes we should trade the best of our players , you know just cause . Hall is a better player than RNH and Eberle put together , they need each other to play well , who the hell does Hall need ???

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
yes we should trade the best of our players , you know just cause . Hall is a better player than RNH and Eberle put together , they need each other to play well , who the hell does Hall need ???

Thats not how a "new GM" may think. Rather have teammates who "need" each other than a loose cannon thinking he can do it all himself.

RNH plays a position that is almost impossible to get via trade (unless you are dealing with Chirelli..cough Seguin..). Hall holds more value but is tradable due to the position he plays.

MacT is going with RNH, Hall, Eberle and Klefbom as core and we know he is sold on Yak.

A new GM might think differently especially if he is expected to be bold.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
There is a better chance of winning the lottery, then getting caught in a sharknado, while Kate Upton asks for your phone number then MacT getting fired

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad