Be A Pro Thread

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Not for me I'm afraid. Hopefully someone else is having this issue too and is a known bug, or else it may never get fixed. :(

Sometimes I have to wait until the puck drops until I can access the menu with the Y button (often a quick double-tap or two), but the issue is somewhat rare in occurrence to me.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Im having the same issue with the bap menu..happens more and more too. But i havent tried pressing Y yet so I guess ill give that a shot. Pisses me off tho makes the games take forever.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
When playing online, can you earn xp for your pro with a boost pack activated?

If you mean playing club or otp with a boost pack will earn you exp for your offline pro, then the answer is no. Offline Be-A-Pro and online OTP/EASHL are separate from each other.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Had my Overall drop between 2nd and 3rd season. Anyone else have this happen? I hit 3 out of 4 of my objectives, as a Grinder playing Allstar/Hardcore difficulty. Pretty sure during my 2nd season I only improved by the same amount that I dropped over the off season, does this mean I will max out at a ****** 71 ovr?
Frustrating to see attributes that I upgraded regress for no *****ing reason over the offseason.... ugh

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
So I'm a goalie and got drafted by the Flames, and played my 2 pre-season games, but got sent down to the AHL. I wasn't really bothered just play in the minors and improve my overall, but it's now January, and i've gotten 0 starts. 0. I've requested a trade twice and the GM's like "no one wants you, just do better on the ice." WTF? Anyone else have this happen?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
So I'm a goalie and got drafted by the Flames, and played my 2 pre-season games, but got sent down to the AHL. I wasn't really bothered just play in the minors and improve my overall, but it's now January, and i've gotten 0 starts. 0. I've requested a trade twice and the GM's like "no one wants you, just do better on the ice." WTF? Anyone else have this happen?
In your 2 starts, you were bad and you should feel bad.

Just kidding of course, but i hear lots of people having problems with not getting played enough as goalie.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Anyone been traded yet?

I am now in my 2nd season and reached Veteran 3 (100 games played), the GM tells me i should prove me as a player first. That is after winning the calder and now leading the team in scoring.

Its not really that i want to get traded i am just annoyed my GM is trading half the team away. In the first season He traded 3 of the top 4 Dmen while sitting atop in the southwest and in the off season, Weiss and Markstrom.

Another thing i noticed is that injuries are ridicoulus high. Usually 2-3 players are out for more than 3 weeks. At one point Vancouver had Luongo, Schneider, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis and Kesler out at the same time.

Koogar

Apr 6, 2011
Starting my BAP, will sim some games, and sometimes play 3rd periods, and play playoffs games completely. Will update everything in here! Playing on Allstar. (Will adjust if necessary) Starting from the Memorial Cup Playoffs, right before the NHL Entry Draft

Name: Jerome Beaulieu
Position: RW
Type: Sniper
Number: 13
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 150 lbs
Junior Club: Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Background: Beaulieu was one of the last drafted at the QMJHL draft. The Baie-Comeau Drakkar chose him because he was said to have some offensive skills, but his shape wasn't very hockey-friendly. The season had gone through, and for the first time in history, the team made it through the QMJHL playoffs to go in the Memorial Cup playoffs. Beaulieu had not been used a lot during the season, but proved himself in the playoffs, enough to earn a spot on the first line. He had gone from a forgotten player to a player projected to get drafted to the NHL. The following matches were critical to determine when he would get drafted.

(Special Playoffs)

MATCH 1
Baie-Comeau Drakkar 1-0 London Knights (Played entirely)

Important match for both teams, the Knights have a better roster than the Drakkar, but the Drakkar surprised everyone recently with huge success. The game only gets 1 goal, from Lessard of the Drakkar, with assists from Beaulieu and Gelinas. Beaulieu impressed the audience for his great speed and puck control, but he can't resist any checks and he lacks some defence skills. (1 Assist, +1)

MATCH 2
Baie-Comeau Drakkar 1-3 Edmonton Oil Kings

The Oil Kings get 2 goals early in the game, thanks to Legault and St. Croix. The 2nd period is silent on goals, but many shots are taken. The last period is lightened up by a goal from Noreau of the Drakkar, but then Wruck from the Oil Kings scores and ends the game. Beaulieu takes over 8 shots and has beautiful opportunities, but can't put it in. (0 points, -1)

MATCH 3
Shawinigan Cataractes 3 - 2 Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Shawinigan opens the score really fast with an amazing shot from Veilleux. Only 30 seconds later, The Drakkar answer with the first goal from Beaulieu, on a beautiful slap shot. The 2nd period starts the same way as the first with a goal from Veilleux, and it ends like that. In the 3rd, Shawinigan scores again with a goal from Poudrier and Baie-Comeau will only be able to score again, with a goal from Lepage, but it won't be enough to win it. (1 goal, +1)

MEMORIAL CUP SEMI-FINALS
London Knights 2 -5 Baie-Comeau Drakkar

London owned most of the first period, leading the game 2-1 so far. But Baie-Comeau got their morale up when they scored 2 more in the 2nd period, and 2 others in the third, to win the game and go to the Memorial Cup finals. (1 goal, +/- 0)

The Baie-Comeau Drakkar are truly making history. It is awaited great players from there such as Tomas Filippi, Jonathan Lessard and Jerome Beaulieu will get drafted in the early rounds. Now it all comes down to 1 game, the Oil Kings will do anything to win the Memorial Cup at home.

MEMORIAL CUP FINALS

Beaulieu shows a lot of dynamism and motivation in the first period. He takes many shots, and one of them turns into a goal. Sautner ties the game a few minutes later and the first period ends. Only one goal in the 2nd, by Jerome Beaulieu, will put the pressure. Lots of penalties taken in that period. Beaulieu proves himself as a leader in the third period, scoring for the third time and getting a hat-trick. While the Drakkar really are confident, the Oil Kings refuse to be treated that way at home, and Foster snaps one past the goalie. However, Filippi from the Baie-Comeau Drakkar scores at the very end of the game, to bury the game, and the Drakkar win the Memorial Cup for the first time! Beaulieu's performance leads him to the first star, for 3 goals and 1 assist, an astonishing performance.

DRAFT

Beaulieu is ranked from 1st to 3rd overall relying on all experts. He gave RDS, the french version of TSN an interview, which was translated as follows: Beaulieu truly is impressed, even by himself of how things turned around, he wishes good luck to his teammates in the draft, and when asked by which team he would like to get drafted the most, he answered :canes and the one he would like to get drafted the least was :nashville

Beaulieu was predicted to be drafted by either
1. :hawks
2. :flames
3. :rangers

The :hawks are on the clock, and they announce JEROME BEAULIEU as their first round pick. Beaulieu thanks the team and later affirms to TSN that he really is happy to be drafted by the Blackhawks.

Next update: Beginning of the season (Will be a new post)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Position: C
Type: Sniper
Number: 91
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 175 lbs
Junior Club: Sarnia Sting

I guess technically I should have put myself in the WHL but felt like going with an OHL club. Still haven't finished a season yet. I think I got through about half a season after playing on and off during the weekend. So far I really like it. Since this is my first PS NHL game, I've taken a bit of time getting used to the controls but now I'm starting to be able to pokecheck well. Scoring is quite easy now too (I really like the whole dual analog aiming and firing... way more dynamic). Getting the apples is coming along too.

No complaints about BAP myself, yet.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Decided to start a skater be a pro, I'm simming then intervening if the game is tied at the end of a period (but not 0-0) the reason I do this is because goalie win and shutout stats can get messed up if you intervene when it's not tied.

Team: Barrie Colts
Position: RW
Player type: TWF
Age: 18 (turns 19 in November, meaning I can play in the AHL after I'm drafted)
Height: 1.88
Weight: 88.5kg

I'm a very defensively responsible player, I don't go all try hard to score a million goals a season, I like realism. Playing on a line with Tanner Pearson and Mark Shiefele.

Stats
Games played: 15
Goals: 13
Assists: 12
PIMS: 6
+/-: 18
Team record: 8-4-3

I'm tied 2nd in the OHL in points, 1st in goals

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I was 80 OVR at the start of my third season with the Cancuks. I scored 50 goals, had 89 points, and won MVP, Art Ross and 2nd consecutive Richard Trophy. Now here I am at the start of my fourth season, and my overall dropped to a 77. What gives? Do the players stop growing at age 20?

Use the Schwartz*

How much will I grow after my 16 year old season? I'm already 6'3 210

saint2e

Aug 4, 2005
Kitchener, Ontario
So far my favourite thing about BAP is being on ice for 5s, then having a stoppage, then I'm back on the bench again. I'm the first line centre right now, and I'm getting about 8 minutes a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad