Be A Pro Thread

Use the Schwartz*

Has this scene happened to you in the previous versions of NHL or just in the new one? I haven't gotten to play much of NHL 13 yet so I haven't taken too many hits to be able to have a decent shot at seeing an injury occur to my pro.

Just this one as far as I remember

Use the Schwartz*

Interesting, I think I'll try this.

It's a good way to beat the system. You should be playing every few games to get to exp required to stay or move up the lines. That's too time consuming so I just intervene when it's close, OT or my player has a chance at a milestone or a hat trick

Use the Schwartz*

Noticed that after I downloaded a tuner tonight, I had two freezes. I'll have to clear my cache. Or just save a lot.

17 years old, back on my quest for 60 goals. Have 17 in 18 so far.

It's funny how they seem to treat the second year of junior like a joke. They put it there but it's so incomplete. My teams bottom 6 consists of 4 made up players( all DFD) Ryan falkemham who's 45 overall and Austin hardie (also a d) who is 55 overall. My goals this year( after going 55-41 as a 16 year old) are to score 15 goals and get 17 assists.

Do these guys not play these games past the menus or what?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
^That pretty much is Be a Pro right there - it's always felt like an incomplete, broken, and ignored game mode.

I've not touched it in two years, and it's a shame as it sounds as if it's not really improved.

LemieuxFTW

Aug 31, 2009
Toronto
I was having trouble with Goalie, not enough shots and usually the chances they get are high scoring chances and the power just blows it past my 50 ovr or whatever it starts out at.

EDIT: also, can someone fill me in on an easy way to get 200 hits? I adjusted the sliders and everything and the CPU just rolls off them and they dont register... or I hit them with my defensive d man 99 checking 96 strength and I AM THE ONE WHO FALLS?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Ok so i'm new to the online stuff (always played the NHL series but never went online)

So from what I gather I use my BAP in the EASHL? Is that right?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Ok so i'm new to the online stuff (always played the NHL series but never went online)

So from what I gather I use my BAP in the EASHL? Is that right?

You can, yes.

What everyone does is they create their own players for each different position - an offensive left Dman who is small, quick, agile, with good passing.

A left winger who has good speed, puck control, etc.

And then - once you get into a game and select the position you want to play, the created player you created for that particular position is the one that you end up playing with.

In your (and many other people's) cases, if you created a Be a Pro who is, say a center, then he would be used in the online game when the center position belonged to you.

Many other people don't play Be a Pro at all, so use their created players specifically for EASHL.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I was having trouble with Goalie, not enough shots and usually the chances they get are high scoring chances and the power just blows it past my 50 ovr or whatever it starts out at.

EDIT: also, can someone fill me in on an easy way to get 200 hits? I adjusted the sliders and everything and the CPU just rolls off them and they dont register... or I hit them with my defensive d man 99 checking 96 strength and I AM THE ONE WHO FALLS?

Firstly in regards to your goalie - if you are playing offline, consider a few things: a) adjust the difficulty to superstar; b) adjust the sliders to give you/your team a chance. Superstar will ensure that you get the shots you need, and for whatever reason the game plays far more naturally in superstar mode (no silly snipes like in All-star). Adjust the sliders accordingly. If you feel like the other team is all over you, consider giving your team more acceleration and better fatigue recovery etc. Also consider adjusting the opposition's shot power/accuracy to give yourself a chance.

Second - On the hits. Make sure that again, the sliders are in your favor. In order to get around the ice and hit people, you will need to be a) quicker than them; adjust player acceleration and speed. You will need to be stronger than them b) adjust aggression). You will need to be c) hitting them hard; adjust hitting power. And of course you'll just need some good old fashioned assistance so d) adjust the hitting assistance to the very max.

Doing those will help you out.

Rielly4Captain

Apr 9, 2012
You can, yes.

What everyone does is they create their own players for each different position - an offensive left Dman who is small, quick, agile, with good passing.

A left winger who has good speed, puck control, etc.

And then - once you get into a game and select the position you want to play, the created player you created for that particular position is the one that you end up playing with.

In your (and many other people's) cases, if you created a Be a Pro who is, say a center, then he would be used in the online game when the center position belonged to you.

Many other people don't play Be a Pro at all, so use their created players specifically for EASHL.

I could be wrong but... i'm pretty sure you CANNOT use your be a pro character in the EASHL.... the EASHL you need to get your own levels online in order to gain experience and get more skill xp to spend.

Use the Schwartz*

Pretty much, although I find the game play to be pretty good. The skating is amazing.

I find mroe problems with the game OUTSIDE of actually playing in game. Like a roster of DFD "forwards" in the second year(17 years old)(only in the CHL I'm assuming).

Scoring is tough for me, I'm getting better though. In my first year, I played a decent amount, intervening only for the most part. Out of 55 goals scored, I had one of them by empty net:laugh: Now I usually score every two times I play.

Wrist shot, top shelf. Gold Jerry. Gold.

Use the Schwartz*

Got drafted 1st overall after a 53 goal, 100 point season! Playing on Tampa Bay with Stamkos, our roster is terrible. Our goalie is 78 overall, I'm hoping it's a young guy.with potential or else we''re screwed. Rest of the team is 70s except for the first line(Malone-stamkos-Purcell) and Lecaviler.

Defence is the same as it is in real life, pretty good.

Is the nhl harder then the q?

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Went first overall to the Flyers as a 6'2 220 centre after a 6 point Memorial Cup playoff series.:
Boston had the second pick, so either way I would be on a solid roster. And I quickly replaced Giroux as the number 1 centre :laugh:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
The AI defence are so bad in goalie mode, they ALWAYS lose the puck right in front of your net. I'm trying to do the shutout moment with Mike Smith and it's actually impossible, it's not like I'm bad in goal either, I had great success with goalie mode in NHL 09, 10, and 11 but 12 and 13 has been diabolical for goalie mode.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
As a center, 1.00 had too many faceoffs, 1.01 had like 5 a game, 1.02 has literally zero faceoffs if youre not first line, with 8 minutes a game as second line center with no pp or pk

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I'm having a lot of fun with my BAP. Second season with the Canucks. Drafted first overall after winning the Memorial Cup. Scored 25-25-50 as a rookie, and I've exploded my second year. Not much has changed, but I feel much more inclined to keep playing, as opposed to stopping after a few years. My only question, can we negotiate contracts in any way? Or even set prices or years? Or do we just get a couple of offers to choose from?

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone know of a way to fix the glitch of the "fast forwrd to next shift" menu not appearing when changing on the fly?

I HATE watching the AI battle the AI from the bench.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Anyone know of a way to fix the glitch of the "fast forwrd to next shift" menu not appearing when changing on the fly?

I HATE watching the AI battle the AI from the bench.

Just press triangle button and the menu will pop up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00