Vancouver island
Name: Ryan
Position: Centre
Number: 22
Team: Victoria Royals
Player Type: Power forward
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 245

Just started the season in the chl. 4 games played 8 goals and 4 assists. playing in pro difficulty think its time to up the difficulty.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Going to be insanely hard to get assists until they fix goaltenders...

They need to be nerfed a little bit. Their mobility is literally impossible to beat at times. I literally had an instant where the goalie went from one side to the other; splitting the pads, in literally .1 of a second. That's completely ridiculous.

I disagree on the nerfing of the goalies because I feel that the goalies provide a nice challenge as they are. I really like how the passing is really dependent upon where you aim (without touching any of the settings) in front of the net.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Name: Mariusz Czerkawski
Hometown: Warsaw, Poland
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 180lbs
Number: 17
Team: Kitchener Rangers
Player Type: Offensive Defenseman

Back Story: Nephew to former Polish NHL player Mariusz "The Polish Gretzky" Czerkawski, this Czerkawski has started to make a name for himself. The Rangers stumbled upon him while they were searching for prospects in Russia and Sweden. During a lay over in Warsaw they decided to watch some hockey where they saw Mariusz Czerkawski play in a junior game. They were stunned that this 16 year old was already playing with players at least 2 years older then him. They continued their trip but made sure to come back where they watched him again. "He was absolutely dominating everyone," says one Kitchener scout.

They decided to keep in touch with him but managed to keep him quiet, a nice gem or surprise for the upcoming import draft. The Rangers surprised everyone, including the most noted scouts with their pick of this young Polish defenseman. Many critics are thinking Kitchener has made a big mistake, commenting on how Poland doesn't have the hockey program to turn out the player the Rangers think they have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stat Line
GP: 8
G:11
A:7
P:18
+/-:2
Pairing: 3rd Defensive Pairing

Difficulty: All-Star

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Playing as a PWF LW... I'm 6'3" 225 and drafted 1st overall (after a year in CHL) by the Ducks.

They refused to keep me after I was drafted, even though I had 12 points in the pre-season :facepalm:

They finally bring me up at the start of the third year, and the team sucks!

I'm only 78, and I'm by far the best player outside of John Gibson, who is an 83...

I'm the best skater... This team is only 3 stars offensively and 2.5 defensively :biglaugh:

Use the Schwartz*

Have 14 goals in 15 games as a 16 year old.

Have yet to score one.myself though:( challenging with the new.skating.?

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Playing as a PWF LW... I'm 6'3" 225 and drafted 1st overall (after a year in CHL) by the Ducks.

They refused to keep me after I was drafted, even though I had 12 points in the pre-season :facepalm:

I'm only 78, and I'm by far the best player outside of John Gibson, who is an 83...

I'm the best skater... This team is only 3 stars offensively and 2.5 defensively :biglaugh:

I found your problem, you're playing with the Ducks. [size=-2]Just Kidding[/size]
Sounds like you're the next Rick Nash, honestly. Great skater on a horrible team.
(No offense to Columbus Fans)
Yes I know Rick Nash was traded to the Rangers, but the joke isn't as funny if I substitute in the Rangers instead of Columbus.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC

Well at least you can request a trade now

Use the Schwartz*

43 goals in 50 now, still can't physically score for myself hahaha

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
My center has 27 assists, and only 5 goals through 35 games. I've had a bunch of assists by shooting off the far pad on the rush. Usually kicks out a big rebound for the winger and scores pretty often.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Just started one today as a 6'1" 190lb playmaking center, named him Cal Cutta. Started in the CHL playoffs, got the GWG in the Memorial Cup final and was drafted 1st overall by Edmonton. Made the roster out of camp (only 71 overall, but 85 offensive awareness, passing, and puck control, 82 hand-eye, 86 acceleration, 83 agility and speed...Only like 75 in most of my shooting categories though). They have me on the first line and top PP unit ahead of RNH (lol), but he still gets like 19-20 mins a game, and I only get like 16.

So far liking it a lot better than last year. It seems like you can score in a lot more different ways, more garbage goals, tip-ins, etc., and the games don't feel like they're all exactly the same. Also, one-timers aren't nearly as impossible as I thought they'd be based on everyone's whining. They're more difficult, but definitely still doable; I set up Eberle on one in my second game on a 2-on-1 on the PP.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Anyone else been getting stuck in the penalty box? I'm on 360 and twice in a row now I've gotten interference penalties (2-minute minor, not matching) and I never get out of the penalty box for the rest of the game. I used "sim to next shift" instead of watching the 2 minutes.

Patchey*

Name: Daniel Patch
Position: Right Wing
Number: 46
Team: Kingston Frontenacs/ Colorado Avalanche
Player Type: Sniper
Height: 5'10
Weight: 179

Currently playing on the second line with Duchene and Landeskog. I hope I never leave Duchenes wing, the guy has insane chemistry with me.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
My center has 27 assists, and only 5 goals through 35 games. I've had a bunch of assists by shooting off the far pad on the rush. Usually kicks out a big rebound for the winger and scores pretty often.

hey dude....

That's MY gimmick....:fight:........:sarcasm:

Go left...shot low and someone will net on the rebound...:D

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I'm debating between playing and simming every other game or just playing them all. I'd like to advance my career so I figure I'll do the former. Any word on if your pro can actually get injured other than just a minor injury if you actually play the game? In the past versions, I always felt that for some reason my pro seemed to be immune to injury in the previous games.

Use the Schwartz*

55 goals as a 16 year old!! Going for 60+ next year.

And to the guy above me, my pro took a hit and seemed to hurt his arm or ribs. You have to skate off, the play by play guys mention it and you see yourself on the bench talking to the trainer. I was back out next shift and didn't miss anytime

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
55 goals as a 16 year old!! Going for 60+ next year.

And to the guy above me, my pro took a hit and seemed to hurt his arm or ribs. You have to skate off, the play by play guys mention it and you see yourself on the bench talking to the trainer. I was back out next shift and didn't miss anytime

Has this scene happened to you in the previous versions of NHL or just in the new one? I haven't gotten to play much of NHL 13 yet so I haven't taken too many hits to be able to have a decent shot at seeing an injury occur to my pro.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
What do you guys recommend playing a full CHL season before the draft year or just the memorial cup? I'll play every game of whatever one it is.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What do you guys recommend playing a full CHL season before the draft year or just the memorial cup? I'll play every game of whatever one it is.

You'll get a bunch more XP points if you play a full season in the CHL, so if you want to boost your overall more before trying to crack the NHL, do that.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I'm disappointed.

I hoped they would allow users to have periods go faster. I know we can skip the play while we aren't on the ice, yet, 25-30 minutes a game is still quite long.

HabsIslesFan

Aug 5, 2011
Anyone else have their team totally dismantled right after being drafted? I got picked by the Stars after playing one year in the minors and that offseason just after being picked they let Benn, Roy, Morrow, Ryder, Lehtonen and Jagr leave via free agency and traded Robidas and Whitney for 2nd round picks.
I got sent down to the minors for one more season but am now in the NHL playing on the first line with Faksa and Eriksson and on the PP with Faksa and Casey Wellman.
I usually don't mind a challenge but my second line has a 58 overall on it and my starting goalie is Jack Campbell who is a 72 overall!

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
I'm disappointed.

I hoped they would allow users to have periods go faster. I know we can skip the play while we aren't on the ice, yet, 25-30 minutes a game is still quite long.

Just start in the 2nd or 3rd period. I find the end of the game is the most exciting and its fun to start a goal down and try to come back.

Patchey*

I sim the first two periods of every game and play the third. Makes it go by much faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad