BE A GM Thread - Part II (NHL 16/NHL 15/whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
prague franchise mode over

i have had the worst luck with this gm mode....lost 2 writeups and now lost a whole seasons worth of gameplay after i lost power in the middle of playing. Do not have the motivation to re-do a whole season so i will start a new mode with a new created team. Still will be subbed in for coyotes. Will start with same introduction, same players picked for my team....will be more careful this time with saving.

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
prague franchise mode over

i have had the worst luck with this gm mode....lost 2 writeups and now lost a whole seasons worth of gameplay after i lost power in the middle of playing. Do not have the motivation to re-do a whole season so i will start a new mode with a new created team. Still will be subbed in for coyotes. Will start with same introduction, same players picked for my team....will be more careful this time with saving.
Nooooooooooooo
Maybe this time pick a city that's in the same country though, Prague isnt in germany. Lol but really that sucks! Look forward to it, wish i could do write-ups in your quality

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Strong center core wins you games.

I have 94-91-90-87 (one playmaker, one power forward and two two-way forwards) down the middle and even though my goalies are crap I still ammass around 55-60 wins per season.

Though, none of my players has ever eclipsed 75 points for some reason.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Anaheim Ducks Owner Henry Samueli Sick of Status Quo, Fires GM

Anaheim-Ducks-logo-700.png

Breaking news out of Anaheim today, as Ducks owner Henry Samueli announced the firing of general manager Bob Murray.

"I'm sick and tired of the status quo. I'm tired of being let down every season, of always being disappointed, of always having that sense that failure is coming. I don't want it anymore. I'm done. This team is not built the right way as evidenced by playoff failure after playoff failure. It's unbelievable" said the owner.

After finishing his explanation for the firing, he made the announcement on the hiring of the team's new GM. Former Anaheim Duck Scott Niedermayer.

image.jpeg

He followed up with a statement saying this: "I know Scott can do great things with this team. I've spoken to him, and he's really impressed me with his knowledge, understanding, skill, and vision for this team. I know his changes may be looked at negatively by some, but it's all part of the plan of building this team the right way, and that takes time. Scott has my full approval".

Then, the new GM, Mr. Niedermayer added, "I really look forward to this opportunity, and I'm going to make this team the best club in the NHL, but that takes some time. We're going to rebuild for a few seasons, get lots of young talent, and then we'll hopefully be a powerhouse a few seasons down the road".​

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup (Pre-Preseason)(2016-17)

Anaheim.jpg

LW|C|RW
Cogliano (84)|Getzlaf (91)|Perry (91)
Ritchie (80)|Kesler (87)|Silfverberg (84)
Etem (80)|Rakell (84)|Garbutt (80)
Kerdiles (78)|Vermette (84)|Shaw (78)
D|D
Fowler (87)|Lindholm (86)
Vatanen (85)|Despres (84)
Bieksa (82)|Manson (82)
Goalies
Gibson (84)
Bernier (83)

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Training Camp, Preseason, and Start of Regular Season (2016-17)

Anaheim-Ducks-logo-700.png

After taking the first day and a half to get accustomed to the team and it's roster, Niedermayer announced his first trade...

TRADE ALERT: Niedermayer makes first trade, acquires Draisaitl from Edmonton

image.jpg

Official Trade:
:ducks2 acquires:|:edmonton acquires:
Leon Draisaitl|Antoine Vermette
2017 4th round pick (EDM)|Jonathan Bernier (50% (2.075M) retained)
2017 5th round pick (EDM)
2018 4th round pick (EDM)

Player Profiles:
Player Name|Moving|Position|Age|Overall|Potential|Contract
Leon Draisaitl|EDM->ANA|C|20|84|Low Elite|1 YL, $925K
Antoine Vermette|ANA->EDM|C|34|84|Exact Top 9 F|2 YL, $1.75M
Jonathan Bernier|ANA->EDM|G|28|83|Exact Starter|1 YL, $2.075M

Niedermayer: "I'm very happy with this being the trade that kicks off our rebuild. Leon is a young guy who can come in and make a difference for years to come. Edmonton was in a similar situation to what's been going on here. They're sick of losing, they want to win now, so they are kind of doing the opposite of what we're aiming for".

Bob McKenzie: "Puzzling move here for me from Edmonton. You have Leon Draisaitl, a young fella with most his career still in front of him, and you trade him, along with three draft picks, albeit mid-round picks, for two veterans. I can understand wanting to win now, but I find it hard to believe they couldn't have gotten more from Draisaitl".​

Then, about 6 hours later, Niedermayer announced another blockbuster trade...

TRADE ALERT:Ducks continue to stock up on prospects, acquire 2016 #1 overall pick from Toronto

1300759-auston-matthews.jpg

Official Trade:
:ducks2 acquires:|:leafs acquires:
Auston Matthews|Ryan Getzlaf
Mitch Marner|Ryan Kesler
Nathan Horton
2017 4th round pick (TOR)
2018 4th round pick (TOR)

Player Profiles:
Auston Matthews|TOR->ANA|C|19|85|Medium Elite|3 YL, $925K
Mich Marner|TOR->ANA|C|19|80|Low Elite|3 YL, $925K
Nathan Horton|TOR->ANA|RW|31|79|Exact Bottom 6 F|4 YL, $5.3M
Ryan Getzlaf|ANA->TOR|C|31|91|Exact Elite|5 YL, $8.25M
Ryan Kesler|ANA->TOR|C|32|87|Exact Top 6 F|6 YL, $6.875M

Niedermayer: "Another trade we're happy with. It sucked having to trade Getzlaf who's been the heart and soul of this team for a while, but to have the ability to bring in someone like Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner, it's just too good to pass up".

Darren Dreger: "I don't think anybody ever saw this coming. Crazy trade that makes me scratch my head a bit because I'm not sure exactly what Toronto was thinking here, but Niedermayer's first two trades look pretty good right now".​

Preseason:
Opponent|Score|Goals|Record
Vs. ARZ|3-2 ANA|Perry (1,2), Lindholm (1)|1-0-0
Vs. CGY|2-0 ANA|Perry (3), Silfverberg (1)|2-0-0
@ VAN|3-0 VAN|None|2-1-0
@ SJS|5-2 SJS|Draisaitl (1), Rakell (1)|2-2-0
Vs. EDM|3-0 ANA|Silfverberg (2), Draisaitl (2), Cogliano (1)|3-2-0
@ LAK|4-1 LAK|Fowler (1)|3-3-0

So, after a pretty unimpressive preseason, Niedermayer decided to make some moves on the final day to make roster cuts before waivers...

TRADE ALERT: Ducks deal another superstar winger to Sens, this time it's Perry

Ryan-Rupert_640.jpg

Official Trade:
:ducks2 acquire:|:sens acquire:
Ryan Rupert|Corey Perry
2017 1st round pick (OTT)
2017 3rd round pick (OTT)
2018 1st round pick (OTT)
2018 3rd round pick (OTT)

Player Profiles:
Ryan Rupert|OTT->ANA|C|22|70|Medium AHL Top 6 F|1 YL, $635K
Corey Perry|ANA->OTT|RW|31|91|Exact Elite|5 YL, $8.625M

Niedermayer: "Again, it sucks having to trade someone who's been here their whole career, but we felt it was a good move that will help the organization improve moving forward".

Bob McKenzie: "Interesting trade here. Ottawa improves significantly now, but pays a hefty price in the future".​

Projected Season Opener Lineup:
LW|C|RW
Draisaitl (84)|Matthews (85)|Marner (80)
Cogliano (84)|Rakell (84)|Silfverberg (84)
Ritchie (80)|Etem (80)|Kerdiles (78)
Noesen (74)|Rupert (70)|Shaw (78)
Scratched: Thompson (80), Garbutt (80)
D|D
Fowler (87)|Lindholm (86)
Vatanen (85)|Despres (84)
Theodore (81)|Manson (82)
Scratched: Bieksa (82)
Goalies
Gibson (84)
Tokarski (80)

Regular Season start->Trade Deadline up next​

Last edited:

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Nooooooooooooo
Maybe this time pick a city that's in the same country though, Prague isnt in germany. Lol but really that sucks! Look forward to it, wish i could do write-ups in your quality

thank you so much!!!!:) really appreciate it, looking at seattle...but dont want to do the metropolitans name.

will definitely try to make expansion draft less stacked, a little more realistic.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Franchise Mode Preview

images

* No 85% rule for UFA's. If I cannot match their request, they walk.
* Yes/No Wheel for if UFA's want to resign 15 parts, 6 yes, 6 no, 3 TBD Each time I make it to the stanley cup finals or win a cup the number of yes parts go up. The highest I can go is 9:3:3 ratio of yes:no:TBD. If I fail to pass the second round (when not in rebuild, if it happens) the number of yes portions go down until a minimum ratio of 3:9:3 of yes:no:TBD...if i make the 3rd round it stays the same.

how the TBD are decided...

MORALE is worth 4 yes/no. 4 no's for the (mad) worst morale; 1 yes, 30 no's for the unhappy face; 2 yes', 2 no's for the neutral face; 3 yes', 1 no for the happy face; and 4 yes' for the (amazing) best face.

PERSONAL SUCCESS for players is worth 4 yes/no. 4 no's for being more than 8+ points behind last seasons PPG pace; 1 yes, 3 no's for being within 2-7 points less of last seasons PPG pace; 2 yes', 2 no's for being within 2 points (more or less) of last seasons PPG pace; 3 yes's, 1 no for being within 2-7 points more of last seasons PPG pace; and 4 yes' for being 8+ points ahead of last seasons PPG pace.

PERSONAL SUCCESS for goalies is worth 4 yes/no. 4 no's for being .008+ less than last seasons SV%; 1 yes, 3 no's for being within .002-.007 less than last seasons SV%; 2 yes', 2 no's for being within .002 (more or less) of last seasons SV%; 3 yes's, 1 no for being within .002-.007 more of last seasons SV%; and 4 yes' for being .008+ more than last seasons SV%.

TEAM GOALS for forwards is worth 2 yes/no. 2 no's for being .300%+ less than last seasons GFPG pace; 1 yes, 1 no for being within .299% more of less than last season GFPG pace; 2 yes' for being .0300%+ more than last seasons GFPG pace.

TEAM GOALS for defense and goalies is worth 2 yes/no. 2 no's for being .300%+ more than last seasons GAPG pace; 1 yes, 1 no for being within .299% more of less than last season GAPG pace; 2 yes' for being .300%+ less than last seasons GAPG pace.

TEAM SUCCESS is worth 2 yes/no. 2 no's for being .100%+ less than last seasons points %; 1 yes, 1 no for being within .099% more or less than last season points %; 2 yes' for being .300%+ more than last seasons points %.

UNDERLYING STATS for forwards is worth 1 yes/no. 1 no for having a PP worse than last seasons; 1 yes for having one better.

UNDERLYING STATS for defense and goalies is worth 1 yes/no. 1 no for having a PK worse than last seasons; 1 yes for having one better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 2 posts per season...(Years) NHL Season and Playoffs and Offseason.
* Trade Difficulty is Medium
* Will not be reviewing ticket prices etc. lol

The NHL has decided to relocate the Arizona Coyotes franchise to Seattle. GM Brant King will be at the very center of this operation. With the Coyotes relocating to Seattle and becoming the Mustangs, just how will their roster be made?

- The Mustangs can protect up to 6 players off Arizona. They may also return any players to junior, essentially protecting them as well by keeping them "in the system". The rest of their roster will be dropped to free agency and cannot be resigned by Seattle. These free agents can be picked up by any team, but must resume the contract they were on previously. The Mustangs will retain Arizonas AHL team. No one may be sent to AHL as circumvention of protection.

- The rest of Prague's roster will be made by a process as follows (like expansion drafts). They will select one player from each NHL team.Each team can protect 7F/3D/1G or 1G and 8 skaters.

- Seattle has chosen to keep the following players from Arizona's roster : Max Domi, Anthony Duclair, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Connor Murphy, Shane Doan and Laurent Dauphin. The team sent Christian Dvorak, Lawson Crouse and Jacob Chynchrun to the CHL. *Anthony DeAngelo and Brendan Perlini were in the minors a time of Franchise Mode* *Seattle released veterans Zbenyek Michalek and Jamie McBain from their contracts in the AHL*

List of Selections
Team | Player
ARZ | Shane Doan
ARZ | Connor Murphy
ARZ | Max Domi
ARZ | Anthony Duclair
ARZ | Oliver Ekman-Larsson
ARZ | Laurent Dauphin
SJS | Chris Tierney
LAK | Nic Dowd
EDM | Griffin Reinhart
ANA | Jakob Silfverberg
BOS | Malcolm Subban
OTT | Mark Borowiecki
NJD | Jon Merrill
TOR | Frank Corrado
WPG | Marko Dano
VAN | Andrey Pedan
WSH | Brett Connolly
DAL | Patrik Nemeth
CBJ | William Karlsson
BUF | Tyler Ennis
TBL | Alex Killorn
NYR | Kevin Klein
NYI | Shane Prince
PHI | Robert Hagg
CAR | Eddie Lack
PIT | Derrick Pouliot
FLA | Jussi Jokinen
CHI | Trevor Van Riemsdyk
DET | Anthony Mantha
COL | Calvin Pickard
NSH | Viktor Arvidsson
STL | Nail Yakupov
MTL | Alexi Emelin
MIN | Jonas Brodin

List of Free Agent Signings by NHL
Team | Player | Contract Resumed (Y/AAV)
Boston Bruins | Michael Stone | 1/4.000M
Carolina Hurricanes | Tobias Reider | 2/2.575M
New Jersey Devils | Jamie McGinn | 3/3.333M
Columbus Blue Jackets | Martin Hanzal | 1/3.100M
Buffalo Sabres | Alex Goligoski | 5/5.500M
Montreal Canadiens | Radim Vrbata | 1/1.000M
Colorado Avalanche | Louis Domingue | 2/1.050M
Chicago Blackhawks | Luke Schenn | 2/1.250M

- Ilya Kovalchuk is in FA for everyone to take a run at....i will not be in on that circus.

Last edited:

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Seattle Mustangs Franchise Mode

images

2016-2017 NHL Season

Season Preview

images

BREAKING NEWS: Mustangs announce Shane Doan as their team captain.

After the expansion draft, Seattle knew exactly what it was doing. In fact, after a preseason in which the team went 3-3-0, the Mustangs pulled off their first trade of the year.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Canadiens re-acquire Emelin from Mustangs for prospect, pick.
The Seattle Mustangs played this perfectly. Knowing Montreal was vulnerable on their right side, they exploited the fact that they couldn't protect Emelin and took him. After loading up on left handed D prospects that can make the team in 1-2 years, they sent Emelin back to Montreal, allow Patrik Nemeth to get his spot in the lineup. The Mustangs already have one of the deepest prospect pools in hockey, and GM Brant King looks content to add draft picks and more prospects to it.

Trade Recap
To SEA | To MTL
2nd 2017 | Alexei Emelin 85, 30
Martin Réway |

Player Profile
Player | OVR | Age | Position | Potential | Player Type | GP, G-A-P
Martin Réway | 64 | 21 | RW | Low Top 9 F | Sniper | N/A

Lines on Opening Night
LW | C | RW
Jokinen 87 | Domi 85 | Ennis 85
Dano 82 | Killorn 84 | Yakupov 83
Arvidsson 82 | Karlsson 80 | Silfverberg 84
Duclair 83 | Dowd 81 | Doan 83
Tierney 81 | |

LD | RD
Ekman-Larsson 89 | Klein 85
Brodin 86 | Merrill 84
Nemeth 81 | Murphy 82
Borowiecki 80 |

Starter | Backup
Pickard 84 | Lack 81

There are some notable question marks in this lineup. First they lack a true number one center, and if Domi and Killorn can't hold they fort, they'll likely lack a feasible number 2 center. The right side of their defense looks shaky at best, and they have a goalie who is a first year starter and has never started more than 21 games in a season. This year could be bad.

First Half in Review

images

BREAKING NEWS: Mustangs win first ever game, with a 3-0 shutout victory on opening night!!!

Seattle Mustangs
Record | Home | Away | Division | Conference | NHL | Playoffs?
17-18-6 | 11-8-1 | 6-10-5 | 7th | 13th | 28th | NO

Scoring
Player | Goals | Assists | Points
Jakob Silfverberg | 6 | 21 | 27
Nail Yakupov | 9 | 17 | 26
Marko Dano | 12 | 14 | 26
Oliver Ekman-Larsson | 5 | 18 | 23
Jussi Jokinen | 9 | 13 | 22
Tyler Ennis | 10 | 12 | 22
Max Domi | 5 | 16 | 21
Shane Doan | 7 | 12 | 19
Alex Killorn (37 GP) | 7 | 12 | 19
Viktor Arvidsson | 8 | 10 | 18
William Karlsson (35 GP) | 6 | 12 | 18
Jonas Brodin | 5 | 9 | 14
Nic Dowd | 3 | 10 | 13
Anthony Duclair | 7 | 6 | 13
Jon Merrill | 0 | 6 | 6
Kevin Klein | 5 | 0 | 5
Connor Murphy | 0 | 3 | 3
Chris Tierney (12 GP) | 2 | 0 | 2
Patrik Nemeth | 0 | 1 | 1
Mark Borowiecki (1 GP) | 0 | 0 | 0

Goalies
Goalie | Record | SV% | GAA
Calvin Pickard | 13-15-3 | .916 SV% | 2.45 GAA
Eddie Lack | 4-3-3 | .916 SV% | 2.49 GAA

The offense is there. This team is young, fast, skilled and dynamic up front but they just can't put it together defensively. They are getting league average goaltending, and you don't make the playoffs with average anything. Nail Yakupov seems to have put it together with this new oppourtunity, while Jakob Silfverberg is having quite the breakout year. Marko Dano is possibly the teams best forward, while Oliver Ekman-Larsson continues to put up points. Veterans Jussi Jokinen and Alex Killorn are seeing a production drop, but that is likely due to the defensive burden they must carry until the youngsters learn how to play better defense. Outside of OEL on the backend, everyone else is lagging, but that was expected coming into the season. Shane Doan is having himself a nice season mentoring Nic Dowd, while Anthony Duclair is looking like trade bait, after not being able to steal the 3rd line LW job from the awesome Viktor Arvidsson who is impressing.

Trade Deadline

With a 27-29-6 record at the Trade Deadline, the Mustangs were all but guaranteed a lottery spot instead of a Playoff one. This led them to do some selling and with the playoff field as competitive as ever, there was quite a few buyers.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Seattle sells high on Jokinen, who heads off to Columbus.
With the Mustangs doing as poorly as they were, and Jokinen being worth more now with 1 year left on his deal after this year, as opposed to a rental next year; they sold high on him and shipped him to the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 1st round pick and 2 prospects. This was the Mustangs only deal of the deadline, but it was a big one. This further strengthens their already incredible prospect pool.

Trade Recap
To SEA | To CBJ
1st 2017 | Jussi Jokinen 87, 33
Vitalii Abramov | Kyle Capobianco 62, 19 (High 7th D)
Kevin Stenlund |

Player Profile
Player | OVR | Age | Position | Potential | Player Type | GP, G-A-P
Vitalii Abramov | 67 | 18 | LW | Low Top 6 F | Sniper | N/A
Kevin Stenlund | 70 | 20 | C | Med Top 9 F | 2 Way Forward | N/A

Season Recap

images

Seattle Mustangs
Record | Home | Away | Division | Conference | NHL | Playoffs?
38-36-8 | 24-14-3 | 14-22-5 | 5th | 10th | 24th | NO

Scoring
Player | Goals | Assists | Points
Nail Yakupov | 18 | 42 | 60
Alex Killorn (78 GP) | 23 | 29 | 52
Oliver Ekman-Larsson | 12 | 38 | 50
Marko Dano (80 GP) | 21 | 29 | 50
Jakob Silfverberg (79 GP) | 13 | 36 | 49
Tyler Ennis | 18 | 23 | 41
Viktor Arvidsson | 14 | 25 | 39
Max Domi | 13 | 25 | 38
Shane Doan | 14 | 23 | 37
William Karlsson (76 GP) | 12 | 25 | 37
Anthony Duclair | 13 | 15 | 28
Jonas Brodin | 10 | 17 | 27
Nic Dowd | 7 | 19 | 26
Kevin Klein | 9 | 3 | 12
Shane Prince (20 GP) | 6 | 6 | 12
Jon Merrill (81 GP) | 1 | 8 | 9
Patrik Nemeth | 1 | 7 | 8
Connor Murphy | 0 | 8 | 8
Chris Tierney (15 GP) | 3 | 2 | 5
Mark Borowiecki (1 GP) | 0 | 0 | 0

Goalies
Goalie | Record | SV% | GAA
Calvin Pickard | 27-26-6 | .912 SV% | 2.73 GAA
Eddie Lack | 11-11-2 | .914 SV% | 2.53 GAA
Marek Langhammer | 0-1-0 | .941 SV% | 2.03 GAA

The Seattle Mustangs did not fare well in their first NHL season. Sitting in 24th place, their only hope would be to win the draft lottery. Other than that, it looks as if they will be drafting 7th...or later. Nail Yakupov, Marko Dano and Alex Killorn was an incredible trio, while OEL was great once again. Jakob Silfverberg kept pace while his linemates Viktor Arvidsson and William Karlsson were good with Arvidsson being the better of the 2. Shane Doan and Nic Dowd were great on the 4th line, while Anthony Duclair's name is up in trading blocks for what looks to be a 2nd in return. Tyler Ennis was disappointing but on the bright side he played a full season for the first time in 6 years. Jonas Brodin solidified himself as a great #2 behind OEL with a strong performance to end off the year while the rest of the defense got stuck in a smog. Calvin Pickard was inconsistent and ultimately not good enough, while Eddie Lack couldn't make up for it. Better luck next year Stangs!!

Next Post: 2017 NHL Offseason!

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Seattle Mustangs Franchise Mode

images

2017 NHL Offseason

images

BREAKING NEWS: Tucson Roadrunners win Calder Cup!!!

cut.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: Shane Doan retires from NHL, was Seattles captain.

2017 NHL Entry Draft

images

The Seattle Mustangs had 8 picks in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft, which included 2 first round picks and 2 seventh round picks along with 1 in each of the following rounds: second, fourth, fifth and sixth. They had the 7th overall selection and were content with staying there.

Draft Recap
Round | Pick | Player | Overall | Age | Position(s) | Potential | Player Type
1 | 7 | Michael Rasmussen | 67 | 18 | C | Low Elite | Power Forward
1 | 25 | Urho Vaakanainen | 60 | 18 | D | Med Top 4 D | 2 Way Defender
2 | 29 | Samuel Bucek | 57 | 18 | LW | High AHL Top 6 F | Power Forward
4 | 7 | Maxime Fortier | 63 | 19 | RW | High AHL Top 6 F | Playmaker
5 | 7 | Jouka Juhola | 64 | 19 | LW/RW | Low Bottom 6 F | 2 Way Forrward
6 | 7 | Veini Vehviläinen | 74 | 20 | G | Med Fringe Starter | Butterfly
7 | 7 | Teemu Väyrynen | 67 | 20 | LW | Low Bottom 6 F | Grinder
7 | 8 | Yaroslav Alexeyev | 48 | 18 | RW | Low AHL Top 6 F | Sniper

After a great first round, the Mustangs drafting fell asleep in rounds 3 and 4 drafting 2 players well before they were supposed to be drafted (excuse for drafting busts). They rebounded in the following rounds picking up solid depth players and a goalie who might have an impact sooner rather than later.

Re-sign Phase

images

With 29.500M in cap space, the Seattle Mustangs could sign everyone they needed to. After a season in which Marko Dano and Nail Yakupov broke out, they both become RFA's. Surely one of them will get a long term extension, but which one? In fact, the Mustangs only have 1 UFA to sign, and it's a prospect that is at the end of his third season without a contract. The rest are all RFA's which is a testament to how young this team is.

Players Re-signed
Player (Status) | Overall | Age | Potential | Position(s) | Player Type | Years | AAV | Thoughts
Nail Yakupov (RFA) | 85 | 23 | Med Top 6 F | RW | Sniper | 8 | 4.125M | Yakupov is the teams offensive leader. He broke out last season, finally showing what made him a first overall pick. This deal should pay off very well for a dynamic young forward of Yakupov's caliber...if he can continue what he started.
Marko Dano (RFA) | 82 | 22 | Med Top 6 F | LW | 2 Way Forward | 2 | 2.500M | Marko Dano is opposite of Yakupov. He is a 20 goal scorer, and a 50 point guy. He is integral to the teams success, via their best line with Yakupov and Killorn. Will get paid quite nicely after this deal.
Viktor Arvidsson (RFA) | 82 | 24 | Low Top 9 F | LW | Playmaker | 3 | 2.000M | After a season in which he more than doubled his production, Arvidsson earned this contract. He could get a long look in preseason on the top line with Domi and Ennis.
Anthony Duclair (RFA) | 83 | 21 | Med Top 6 F | LW | Sniper | 2 | 2.175M | Duclair should see time on the 3rd line this season. He just cannot seem to put the whole thing together. He's streaky and inconsistent which landed him on the 4th line for most of last season. This deal should give the Mustangs time to figure out if he's part of the long term plan, and it should give Duclair time to get consistent and prove whjat he's worth.
William Karlsson (RFA) | 81 | 24 | Med Top 9 F | C | 2 Way Forward | 1 | .850M | The Mustangs third line center was rewardd with a one year deal. Going into last season it was unsure if he could handle it, which led to him losing 15 games of the year to Chris Tierney. This year, it seems to be a one year, prove it deal to show he deserves something more.
Chris Tierney (RFA) | 80 | 22 | Med Top 9 F | C | 2 Way Forward | 3 | 1.425M | Questionable deal. After a year in which Tierney couldn't get in the lineup, and when he did he wasn't great; he gets a deal that makes it seem as though he's guaranteed a spot next season. Will have to wait and see until preseason with this one.
Malcolm Subban (RFA) | 80 | 23 | Low Elite | G | Hybrid | 3 | 1.000M | Malcolm Subban will be an NHL goaltender in 2 years. Eddie Lack will play out the final year of his deal as the backup and then will walk in FA. Subban will still get paid good money though.
Henrik Samuelsson (RFA) | 78 | 23 | Med Top 9 F | RW/C | 2 Way Forward | 2 | .950M | Henrik Samuelsson will some day be a great 4th liner for the Seattle organization. It's just hard to see right now with all the depth they have. Management is very high on this kid, he will have a spot.
Brett Connolly (RFA) | 80 | 25 | Med Top 6 F | RW | Sniper | 1 | .850M | This is the deal a prospect hates to get. Brett Connolly was a reclamation project from the beginning, and now this could be his last chance. The one year deal for the 25 year old is like one last chance to make an NHL roster. Exciting stuff ahead in preseason.
Derrick Pouliot (RFA) | 80 | 23 | High Top 4 D | D | Offensive Defenseman | 2 | 1.425M | Derrick Pouliot will be ina dogfight with fellow LHD prospects for the 3rd pairing role. It looks as though Pouliot has the upper hand, but he's got to earn it.
Griffin Reinhart (RFA) | 80 | 23 | Med Top 4 D | D | 2 Way Defender | 1 | .750M | The high draft pick that didn't work out for the Islanders nor the Oilers could prove worth the choice he was used on in the expansion draft. He and Derrick pouliot are the 2 frontfunners for the job, and it shpuld be close who gets the LHD role.
Jyrki Jokipakka (RFA) | 80 | 25 | Med Top 6 D | D | Defensive Defenseman | 2 | .900M | Jokipakka is running out of time. The 25 year old needs to get a job on this NHL team or he likely won't on any. Despite being a 7th round pick, the d-man has beat all odds to become a fringe NHLer. He could beat the odds and win a job.
Frank Corrado (RFA) | 79 | 24 | Low Top 6 D | D | Defensive Defenseman | 2 | .800M | Corrado won't make this team. He couldn't long term in Vancouver, and he couldn't at all in Toronto. Barring an unforeseen jump in practically every aspect, Corrado will be an AHLer for the duration of this contract...and possibly longer.
Andrey Pedan (RFA) | 76 | 23 | Med 7th D | D | Defensive Defenseman | 3 | .750M | Andrey Pedan could one day be this teams 7th d-man. But it will be after this AHL contract.
Marek Langhammer (RFA) | 69 | 22 | Med AHL Starter | G | Hybrid | 3 | .675M | The goalie who started one game last season gets a 3 year deal. Although it's unlikely he ever makes NHL, he will be first call up so Subban can get maximized playing time in AHL.
Veini Vehviläinen (UNSIGNED) | 74 | 20 | Med Fringe Starter | G | Butterfly | 3 | .900M | The draft gem. In the 6th round it looks like the Mustangs have found their first diamond int the rough. Vehviläinen will one day be this teams backup. Great deal to start him on that route.
Kevin Stenlund (UNSIGNED) | 71 | 20 | Med Top 9 F | C | 2 Way Forward | 3 | .775M | Acquired from Columbus at the trade deadline, Stenlund is highly regarded by GM Brant King. Prospect to watch in the coming 3 years of his deal.

Free Agency

images

BREAKING NEWS: Mustangs cut ties with TVR, ship him off to Philadelphia.
Trevor Van Riemsdyk requested a trade at the end of the season. Although Tucson won the Calder Cup, TV R was not happy with being stuck in the minors and presumably knew he wasn't getting out. GM Brant King obliged to his request and dealt the d-man.

Trade Recap
To SEA | To PHI
4th 2018 | Trevor Van Riemsdyk 79, 26

images

BREAKING NEWS: Mark Borowiecki traded back to Ottawa in exchange for late draft pick.
With the NHL blueline getting ever so clogged for the Mustangs, and Boro being able t play soemwhere in the NHL, they traded him back to his former team. Ottawa, who absolutely adores Borowiecki, gradly agreed to give up a 7th round pick.

Trade Recap
To SEA | To OTT
7th 2018 | Mark Borowiecki 78, 27

images

With 18.000M in cap space, the Seattle Mustangs could go after anyone they wanted to. And they did just that. The Mustangs went after one of the best NHL players in history, who loves the game too much to quit. They also elected to go after some prospects that were given up on, and some depth players. After the retirement of Shane Doan, the Mustangs felt they needed someone who could bring some grit. Check that box off. They felt they needed someone with an elite shot, but from a depth standpoint. Check that off.

Players Signed
Player (Status) | Overall | Age | Potential | Position(s) | Player Type | Years | AAV | Thoughts
Jaromir Jagr | 87 | 45 | N/A | RW | Sniper | 1 | 6.500M | The living legand. The oldest player in the NHL. The veteran presence to this young team. Presumably an assistant captain. jagr embodies everything this team needs. He will be a welcome addition.
Zack Kassian | 81 | 26 | Med Top 9 F | RW | Power Forward | 1 | .975M | The grit to replace Shane Doan. No one can really replace Doan, but Kassian brings the grit that no one else on this team has. He will most likely have a 4th line job. Glad to see theres no 2nd year, as he could make good deadline bait.
Brandon Pirri | 81 | 26 | Low Top 9 F | LW | Sniper | 1 | .975M | Brandon pirri is a PP weapon. For wa team that had the worst PP and 75.6% last season, he is welcome. May be the depth forward but when put in lineup will see ample PP time. Good news once again theres no second year, as Pirri could garner interest at TDL.
Aleksi Saarela | 66 | 20 | Med Top 6 F | LW | 2 Way Forward | 3 | .900M | Shocking that Carolina didn't sign the promising prospects, but ones mans trash is another mans treasure.
Felix Sandstrom | 65 | 20 | Med Fringe Starter | G | Hybrid | 3 | .700M | Promising goalie who could eventually become a nice backup or timeshare starter. Also could look good on trade market. Either way, good signing.

Things to Watch

images

#1 = Tyler Ennis
With the signing of Jaromir Jagr, it is quite possible Tyler Ennis has lost his spot on the top line RW. Will he move down to third line? or will he swtich to LW on the top line. After a season in which he disappointed, he'll have to beat out Viktor Arvidsson, who is getting a look on the top line. If he cannot retain his top line spot, he could see himself traded.​

images
images

#3 = Marko Dano and Nail Yakupov
After breakout seasons for the two young stars, how will they follow up? Will they be able to keep pace? Improve? Will they have the same chemistry after a long summer?Many questions are around the two dynamic studs that could make or break Seattles season.​

images
images
images

#3 = Derrick Pouliot vs. Robert Hagg vs. Griffin Reinhart
There will be a battle like no other in preseason this year. Derrick Pouliot, Robert Hagg and Griffin Reinhart are all fighting for 1 job on the lef thand side. The losers could become the 7th d or be sent to minors...or worse, given up on and traded. For Pouliot this is his best chance yet to crack an NHL lineup. For Hagg, this is his chance to prove that he is a top prospect after being in the shadows of Philadelphia's top D prospects and now some of the Mustangs. And for Griffin Reinhart this could be his last chance after already failing to make 2 NHL teams.​

Next Post: 2017-2018 NHL Season!/SIZE]

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Anyone have any tips on how to manage your arena repair and upgrades during Franchise mode?

It seems like every season I'm reaching Insufficient Funds, with a number of my arena features needing repairing.

What am I suppposed to do?

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
New York Rangers Franchise Mode Preview

images

* No 85% rule for UFA's. If I cannot match their request, they walk.
* Yes/No Wheel for if UFA's want to resign 15 parts, 6 yes, 6 no, 3 TBD Each time I make it to the stanley cup finals or win a cup the number of yes parts go up. The highest I can go is 9:3:3 ratio of yes:no:TBD. If I fail to pass the second round (when not in rebuild, if it happens) the number of yes portions go down until a minimum ratio of 3:9:3 of yes:no:TBD...if i make the 3rd round it stays the same.

how the TBD are decided...

MORALE is worth 4 yes/no. 4 no's for the (mad) worst morale; 1 yes, 30 no's for the unhappy face; 2 yes', 2 no's for the neutral face; 3 yes', 1 no for the happy face; and 4 yes' for the (amazing) best face.

PERSONAL SUCCESS for players is worth 4 yes/no. 4 no's for being more than 8+ points behind last seasons PPG pace; 1 yes, 3 no's for being within 2-7 points less of last seasons PPG pace; 2 yes', 2 no's for being within 2 points (more or less) of last seasons PPG pace; 3 yes's, 1 no for being within 2-7 points more of last seasons PPG pace; and 4 yes' for being 8+ points ahead of last seasons PPG pace.

PERSONAL SUCCESS for goalies is worth 4 yes/no. 4 no's for being .008+ less than last seasons SV%; 1 yes, 3 no's for being within .002-.007 less than last seasons SV%; 2 yes', 2 no's for being within .002 (more or less) of last seasons SV%; 3 yes's, 1 no for being within .002-.007 more of last seasons SV%; and 4 yes' for being .008+ more than last seasons SV%.

TEAM GOALS for forwards is worth 2 yes/no. 2 no's for being .300%+ less than last seasons GFPG pace; 1 yes, 1 no for being within .299% more of less than last season GFPG pace; 2 yes' for being .0300%+ more than last seasons GFPG pace.

TEAM GOALS for defense and goalies is worth 2 yes/no. 2 no's for being .300%+ more than last seasons GAPG pace; 1 yes, 1 no for being within .299% more of less than last season GAPG pace; 2 yes' for being .300%+ less than last seasons GAPG pace.

TEAM SUCCESS is worth 2 yes/no. 2 no's for being .100%+ less than last seasons points %; 1 yes, 1 no for being within .099% more or less than last season points %; 2 yes' for being .300%+ more than last seasons points %.

UNDERLYING STATS for forwards is worth 1 yes/no. 1 no for having a PP worse than last seasons; 1 yes for having one better.

UNDERLYING STATS for defense and goalies is worth 1 yes/no. 1 no for having a PK worse than last seasons; 1 yes for having one better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 2 posts per season...(Years) NHL Season and Playoffs and Offseason.
* Trade Difficulty is Medium
* Will not be reviewing ticket prices etc. lol​

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
JESUS CHRIST I DID IT AGAIN. GONE IF THE WRITEUP FOR A FULL SEASON. JUST DOING A NYR ONE NOW, i am the worst for this :rant::shakehead :amazed:

Download "Open Office" which will auto save for you.

Doing it in the browser is a recipe for disaster.

Good logs everyone.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Anyone have any tips on how to manage your arena repair and upgrades during Franchise mode?

It seems like every season I'm reaching Insufficient Funds, with a number of my arena features needing repairing.

What am I suppposed to do?

ANYONE at all?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
lol, well personally i run into this problem every time, and find it so stupid that ive just turned off owner mode all together, i have no tips, but i doubt anybody else will either :cry:

is there a way to turn owner mode off entirely once you've already started a franchise?

Or is it only from the beginning when you start a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad