BE A GM Thread - Part II (NHL 16/NHL 15/whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Started a fresh save. Detroit

Around trade deadline - outdoor game. I try and trade for Vatanen.

Ana: Franzen (50% retained) + Smith and a 1st (2017)

Det: Vatanen

Anyone know what it'll rake pry Pavelski from SJ? Richards isn't cutting it and I'm sitting in 6th in the east. I can't seem to get him. I even threw in two firsts to see if the game would take it... nothing.

Am I out of luck?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa Senators 2015-2016 Season

OTTAWA SENATORS 2016-2017

CONFIRMED SIGNING WITH LINK: Sens sign D Luke Schenn [2 yrs/$700k per] & LW Sergei Plotnikov [1 yr/$700k]​

LINEUP

Mike Hoffman (87)|Kyle Turris (88)|Bobby Ryan (87)
Alex Killorn (83)|Mika Zibanejad (85)|Mark Stone (86)
Shane Prince (83)|Curtis Lazar (85)|Matt Puempel (82)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (80)|Mike Santorelli (82)|Chris Neil (80)
Sergei Plotnikov (79)||Alex Guptill (75)

Marc Methot (82)|Erik Karlsson (9)
Patrick Wiercioch (85)|Cody Ceci (84)
Mark Barberio (78)|Luke Schenn (79)
Mark Borowiecki (78)

Craig Anderson (88)|Matt O'Connor (81)

PRE-TRADE DEADLINE

- Pre-season: 3-4-0.
- The first month of the season was an uneventful one in the Nation's Capital, aside from, you know, starting the season with a 7-2-1 record through the first month of the season, which surprised quite a few people. By the end of November, the Sens record was 15-7-2.
- At the All-Star Break, the Ottawa Senators have a 23-16-4 record. Not a bad record, but they've fallen off from the pace they started the first two months with, going 8-9-2 since the calendar turned to December. They've fallen to 6th in the Atlantic Division, which is super competitive this year as five teams in the division currently occupy a playoff spot.
- Rumours at the All-Star Break said GM MCG was looking to add another defenseman before the deadline, a top-4 defenseman, preferably young, to play alongside Erik Karlsson with Marc Methot's decline. The Sens may also look to add another forward, but word around Ottawa is that GM MCG's priority is that adding another defenseman is priority.
- With a 25-19-4 record shortly after the All-Star Break, GM MCG pulled the trigger on a big trade, living up to his reputation as the bold general manager who made big trades when he saw what he wanted from his OHL days...

CONFIRMED TRADE WITH LINK: [OTT/PIT] Derrick Pouliot, Justin Fontaine, PIT '17 3rd for Claesson, Jaros, Guptill, OTT '17 1st & NYR '17 3rd​

8476884@2x.jpg

Derrick Pouliot is the main piece in a 5-player, 8-piece trade between the Senators and Penguins.

TRADE DEADLINE

- The Ottawa Senators had a 35-22-5 record at the trade deadline, going 10-3-1 since the big trade that brought Derrick Pouliot to Ottawa, who's made his home playing alongside Erik Karlsson on the blue line. The Senators sit 3rd in the division, and while they haven't been linked to any big names coming into the deadline, the Sens are obviously lurking and could pounce at any moment considering MCG's nature.

CONFIRMED TRADE WITH LINK: [OTT/TOR] Jarome Iginla & TOR 2018 3rd for D Luke Schenn & NYR 2017 2nd​

photo.php

Jarome Iginla is the Senators' only trade deadline acquisition, and the biggest moved on trade deadline day.

- At his press conference after the 3pm deadline, GM MCG stated that they had accumulated enough picks to make this move after last season's disappointing run. He stated that it was strategic on the management's part to keep the cap space open to make the trades they have made in the past month, and keep their young assets on hand and developing properly to keep them valuable enough to include in such deals.

POST-TRADE DEADLINE

- The Ottawa Senators went on a 4-game losing streak immediately after the trade deadline but quickly bounced back and turned it around. From the deadline to the end of the season, the Sens went on a 12-6-2 run to finish the season with a 47-28-7 record. The Sens finished 1st in the Eastern Conference and Atlantic Division. The city of Ottawa is hot for the upcoming playoffs, but they're facing a brick wall in the first round of the playoffs and his name is Carey Price.

STATS

FORWARDS

Player | GP | Goals | Assists | Points
Kyle Turris|82|27|37|64
Mike Hoffman|82|24|39|63
Bobby Ryan|82|21|41|62
Mark Stone|82|14|40|54
Shane Prince|82|24|28|52
Mika Zibanejad|82|18|31|49
Matt Puempel|82|19|14|33
Curtis Lazar|82|10|22|32
Alex Killorn|82|11|14|25
Jean-Gabriel Pageau|82|7|17|24
Mike Santorelli|82|11|13|24
Jarome Iginla**|20|7|2|9
Sergei Plotnikov|36|1|7|8
Chris Neil|23|2|3|5

DEFENSE

Erik Karlsson|82|30|60|90
Patrick Wiercioch|82|10|26|36
Derrick Pouliot**|34|4|15|19
Cody Ceci|82|3|16|19
Mark Barberio|82|3|7|10
Marc Methot|82|4|4|8
Luke Schenn*|48|0|3|3

* = traded mid-season
** = acquired mid-season

GOALIES

Player | GP | Record | Shutouts | SV% | GAA
Craig Anderson|66|40-20-5|4|.921|2.47
Matt O'Connor|20|7-8-2|0|.890|3.22

PLAYOFFS

ROUND 1 vs. MONTREAL CANADIENS

The Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens continue their playoff rivalry, now meeting for the third time in the past five seasons in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Carey Price comes in as the Vezina favourite, despite the Habs finishing 5th in the Atlantic Division, and battling it out with Erik Karlsson as a Hart Trophy contender. PK Subban comes in as runner up for Erik Karlsson for the Norris, finishing with 71 points on the season, second in the league out of all defensemen.

Game | Home || Away | Series
1|Ottawa|1-3|Montreal|Montreal leads 1-0
2|Ottawa|2-1 (OT)|Montreal|Series tied 1-1
3|Montreal|4-3 (2OT)|Ottawa|Montreal leads 2-1
4|Montreal|3-2 (OT)|Ottawa|Montreal leads 3-1
5|Ottawa|3-6|Montreal|Montreal wins 4-1

In the end, Carey Price was too much for the Senators to handle, allowing just a tad more than 2-goals-per-game.

528445_1435195767709.jpg

Erik Karlsson wins his 3rd Norris Trophy after a spectacular 90 point season. He came away with the Hart Trophy as well, narrowly beating out Carey Price.

NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Selection | Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
54|Jack Studnicka|Center|18|52|Medium Bottom-6
73|Alexander Nikolishin|Right Wing|20|65|Medium AHL Top-6
83|Valeri Jekimovs|Defense|19|63|Medium 7th D
84|Henrik Bergqvist|Center|19|65|Low Bottom-6
114|Conor Gutenberg|Center|17|49|Medium Bottom-6
144|Arnaud Durandeau|Left Wing|18|51|Medium AHL Top-6
174|Yan Kkhomenko|Right Wing|19|58|Low AHL Bottom-6

SENATORS RE-SIGN...

The Sens have more than $20-million in cap space, but the priority this summer is re-signing young players like Derrick Pouliot, Mika Zibanejad & Curtis Lazar.

Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential | Term | AAV | Total
Derrick Pouliot|Defense|23|87|Medium Elite|2 years|$3,400,000|$6,800,000
Mika Zibanejad|Center|24|85|Medium Top-6|4 years|$3,300,000|$13,200,000
Curtis Lazar|Right Wing|22|85|Low Top-9|3 years|$1,900,000|$5,700,000
Matt Puempel|Left Wing|24|83|Low Top-9|2 years|$1,400,000|$2,800,000
Matt O'Connor|Goalie|25|82|Medium Backup|2 years|$1,075,000|$2,150,000
Jean-Gabriel Pageau|Center|24|81|Low Top-9|1 year|$900,000|$900,000
Sergei Plotnikov|Left Wing|27|80|Top-9|1 year|$875,000|$875,000

SENATORS LOSE...

Player | Position | Reason
Jarome Iginla|Right Wing|Retirement
Justin Fontaine|Left Wing|UFA
Mark Barberio|Defense|UFA

SENATORS SIGN...

The Sens have more than $10-million to play around with in FA and are looking to use that cap space to add a top-six forward and a top-four defenseman.

Martin Hanzal|Center|30|87|Top-6|2 years|$6,300,000|$12,600,000
Karl Alzner|Defense|28|85|Top-4|2 years|$5,200,000|$10,400,000

It was a huge summer for the Sens, re-signing young, key pieces to good contracts and adding Hanzal AND Alzner through free agency on two years deals (done strategically, as that's when Derrick Pouliot's contract is up). Fans are praising the signings of Hanzal and Alzner, and there's a sense of excitement in the nation's capital as the Ottawa Senators willingly spent up against the cap for the first time in a long time, if ever...

1812.jpg
2273.jpg

Martin Hanzal and Karl Alzner, the two newest Ottawa Senators.

TRANSACTION SUMMARY

TRADES

Date | Team | Acquires | Acquires | Team
Feb. 4, 2017|
TeamLogo
|D Derrick Pouliot, LW Justin Fontaine & PIT 2017 3rd-round-pick|D Frederik Claesson, D Christian Jaros, LW Alex Guptill, OTT 2017 1st-round-pick & NYR 2017 3rd-round-pick|
TeamLogo

Mar. 1, 2016|
TeamLogo
|RW Jarome Iginla, TOR 2018 3rd-round-pick|D Luke Schenn & NYR 2017 2nd-round-pick|
TeamLogo

RE-SIGNINGS

D Derrick Pouliot (2 years, $3.4m)
C Mika Zibanejad (4 years, $3.3m)
RW Curtis Lazar (3 years, $1.9m)
LW Matt Puempel (2 years, $1.4m)
G Matt O'Connor (2 years, $1.075m)
C Jean-Gabriel Pageau (1 year, $900k)
LW Sergei Plotnikov (1 year, $875k)

SIGNINGS

C Martin Hanzal (2 years, $6.3m)
D Karl Alzner (2 years, $5.2m)

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Anybody ever get these menu glitches:

1) Have to push the A/X button 2-3 times for the game to recognize what I want to do? Especially on the contract / trade screens?

2) A weird fast-scrolling glitch where the cursor just goes all over the place for like 15-20 seconds, super fast in the direction you are pointing it?

For #1 yes, it happens often and its frustrating as hell

for #2 tho I've never encountered it. I really think, like others said, its an Xbox thing. I have never had any issues on my PS4. and it is super weird how it is console related. PS4 master race? :sarcasm:

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
Going to start a new GM Dynasty 25 year plan for the :nucks
Rules:
Salary Cap: ON
Injuries: ON
Waivers: ON
Morale: ON

REALISTIC TRADES ONLY

This is to make it so unnecessary and crazy super star deals don't happen, unless a certain player wants out, and a team is actively shopping him. No trade can go through unless Team A and Team B are placing Players/Picks they are actively looking to trade away.

:nucks Vancouver Canucks Roster 2015-2016 :nucks

D.Sedin (88) - H.Sedin (88) - Vrbata (87)
Burrows (83) - Sutter (84) - Hansen (84)
Granlund (79) - Horvat (83) - Virtanen (77)
Etem (81) - McCann (78) - Baertschi (77)

Edler (86) - Tanev (85)
Hamhuis (87) - Sbisa (82)
Hutton (82) - Weber (81)

Miller (86)
Markstrom (82)

Top Prospects:
Virtanen (77) - [HIGH ELITE]
Horvat (83) - [HIGH TOP 6]
McCann (78) - [HIGH TOP 6]

3 Questions for the Vancouver Canucks this season:

1. Will the Sedin Twins be able to continue to be the offensive powerhouses the Canucks need them to be in order to secure a playoff spot this season?
2. Will UFA's Radim Vrbata (87) [TOP 6] and Dan Hamhuis (87) [TOP 6] stay in Vancouver?
3. Will the high level of skill from the Canucks bottom-six aid their team to a playoff spot, or will their lack of NHL experience and grit lead their team to a top draft pick by the end of the season?

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015

1) Have to push the A/X button 2-3 times for the game to recognize what I want to do? Especially on the contract / trade screens?

2) A weird fast-scrolling glitch where the cursor just goes all over the place for like 15-20 seconds, super fast in the direction you are pointing it?

1 - I think this happens on both consoles.

2 - I think this is just an Xbox1 thing however it's extremely annoying and happens to me all the time.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Rules for my GM mode

-Cannot trade away a player if another team is not interested
-Cannot move up more than 5 picks in the 1st round of the Draft
-Can only trade for 1st overall if I actually finished last
-One 86 overall or higher free agent per season
-Must let go of one 83 overall or higher player in the resign phase
-1 buyout per year
-No more than 2 trades during the regular season and 2 in free agency. Trade Deadline and Draft are fair game. I can also accept any amount offers from other teams
-Cannot trade away a player with more than 2 years left on contract in free agency
-Can only trade for 2 players that another team isn't interested in giving up per year (If I don't use any of them by the trade deadline, I can make 3 trades)
-Cannot release more than 1 roster player during the resign phase or trade away more than 2 roster players at the draft or during free agency until the regular season if we win a Cup
-Cannot trade away a player with more than 4 years left on a deal, unless trade is offered by another team

If you can think of any other rules I should implement, or any alterations, feel free to suggest some

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Rules for my GM mode

-Cannot trade away a player if another team is not interested
-Cannot move up more than 5 picks in the 1st round of the Draft
-Can only trade for 1st overall if I actually finished last
-One 86 overall or higher free agent per season
-Must let go of one 83 overall or higher player in the resign phase
-1 buyout per year
-No more than 2 trades during the regular season and 2 in free agency. Trade Deadline and Draft are fair game. I can also accept any amount offers from other teams
-Cannot trade away a player with more than 2 years left on contract in free agency
-Can only trade for 2 players that another team isn't interested in giving up per year (If I don't use any of them by the trade deadline, I can make 3 trades)
-Cannot release more than 1 roster player during the resign phase or trade away more than 2 roster players at the draft or during free agency until the regular season if we win a Cup
-Cannot trade away a player with more than 4 years left on a deal, unless trade is offered by another team

If you can think of any other rules I should implement, or any alterations, feel free to suggest some

Good rules man! Just thought of a suggestion:

In order to keep your trading rules tidy, maybe restrict yourself to only trade at 3 points during the season? Deadline, draft, and then opening week of pre-season? Might make it easier for you.

Can also use the draft to throw away the "only trade players they want for players they want to give up" rule. Much like in real life, the draft is where some of the bigger trades take place nowadays.

Overall I'm excited.

Letting one 83 OA or over player go seems unusual.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Good rules man! Just thought of a suggestion:

In order to keep your trading rules tidy, maybe restrict yourself to only trade at 3 points during the season? Deadline, draft, and then opening week of pre-season? Might make it easier for you.

Can also use the draft to throw away the "only trade players they want for players they want to give up" rule. Much like in real life, the draft is where some of the bigger trades take place nowadays.

Overall I'm excited.

Letting one 83 OA or over player go seems unusual.

Pre-season-up to deadline: 2 trades
Free agency: 2 trades
Draft/Deadline: As many as I want. Seems fair

But yea, I'll probably not go with most of my trade rules for the draft, but will limit to 1 rule-breaking trade

The getting rid of 83 overall player thing is just to make free agency a little more interesting, since some years there's only depth players available

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
:devils
BREAKING: Devils' GM/President Lamoriello steps down

Long-time New Jersey Devils GM/President Lou Lamoriello announced his resignation from his position today, leaving the General Manager spot for the Devils open. Former Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero was rumoured to be named GM, but former GM of the WHL's Kelowna Rockets, Jay Morrison, was named the new GM. Ray Shero has been hired as Assistant GM and Director of Hockey Operations.

Despite his inexperience, The Devils feel Morrison will do a great job as GM, signing him to a 3 year deal. He is also unable to be fired during his 3 year tenure.

The first thing Jay did after sitting down in his office was contact Ilya Kovalchuk, a former Devils star who left for the KHL. After negotiating with Ilya and his agent for several hours, the superstar agreed to return to New Jersey and Morrison agreed to revive his old contract.

ilya-kovalchuk-opox-33494.jpg

Superstar Ilya Kovalchuk is returning to the NHL and New Jersey Devils

Norwegian Center and European League star Mathis Olimb has also come to terms on a 1 year deal with the Devils.

Morrison was busy all day, adding free agents Erik Cole, Chris Stewart and Matt Irwin to one year deals.

Here are the Devils projected lines as the pre-season begins

Ilya Kovalchuk-Adam Henrique-Mike Cammalleri
Patrik Elias-Mathis Olimb-Erik Cole
Kyle Palmieri-Scott Gomez-Michael Ryder
Martin Havlat-Travis Zajac-Chris Stewart

Adam Greene-Eric Gelinas
Damon Severson-Adam Larsson
Matt Irwin-John Moore

Cory Schneider
Scott Clemmensen

Due to the large amounts of depth on the roster, NHL caliber players such as Ryan Clowe, Stephen Gionta, Dainius Zubrus, Steve Bernier, Mike Brown, Jordin Tootoo, Jon Merrill and Peter Harrold will start with season with the Albany Devils

Morrison expects the team to not be competitors for the cup but not basement dwellers either. He figures them to either miss the playoffs by a couple points or just barely sneak in. "We'll wait and see" he said.

PLAYERS ON TRADE BLOCK
Travis Zajac
Chris Stewart
Martin Havlat

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Pre-season-up to deadline: 2 trades
Free agency: 2 trades
Draft/Deadline: As many as I want. Seems fair

But yea, I'll probably not go with most of my trade rules for the draft, but will limit to 1 rule-breaking trade

The getting rid of 83 overall player thing is just to make free agency a little more interesting, since some years there's only depth players available

Looking forward to it!

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
:devils
Up to the All-Star break: Significant events

October 4th, 2014
Devils finish pre-season 3-4-0. They lost 4 in a row after a hot start. Kovalchuk and Olimb tie for team lead in points, each getting 2 goals, 5 assists and 7 points total. Devils have high hopes for their returning KHL player and European league star

October 18th, 2014
Chris Stewart traded to Bruins for a 2nd round pick. Steve Bernier recalled from Albany.

October 22nd, 2014
Martin Havlat injuries groin in 2-1 win VS Rangers. Expected to be back in a week. Devils recall Ryan Clowe.

October 28th, 2014
Havlat returns just in time to take on the Penguins. Clowe to be a healthy scratch, despite a decent performance in his 2 game appearance.

November 5th, 2014
Cory Schneider injures ankle in 5-3 loss to Blues. Expected to miss a week like Havlat. Devils recall Scott Wedgewood and send Ryan Clowe back to Albany.

November 10th, 2014
Schneider returns to take on Bruins, Wedgewood returns to Albany.

November 12th, 2014
Adam Larsson suffers minor concussion in 2-1 win VS Wild. Might not miss a game, but Devils recall Jon Merrill just in case.

November 15th, 2014
Larsson returns after missing just one game. Merrill returned to Albany.

November 30th, 2014
Damon Severson injuries ribs, 4th minor injury of the season. Devils recall Merrill again.

December 2nd, 2014
Severson healthy after not even missing a single game, but will be a late scratch against Penguins. (Decided to turn off injuries after this)

December 16th, 2014
Martin Havlat traded to Bruins for 2 3rd round picks in 2015 and 2016. The Devils recall Ryan Clowe.

January 25th, 2015
Ilya Kovalchuk (39 points in 47 games) and Cory Schneider (21 Wins, 2.46 GAA, 91.9% Save Percentage named to All-Star Game

New Jersey sits at 3rd in the Metropolitan Division with 55 points, but is tied with Pittsburgh in points

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
I don't think anyone here cares. I think it'd actually be fun to read a write up of EHM. :laugh:

Ok cool, like i said i dont have the game yet, and i probably wont for another couple of weeks but it sure is nice to think that ill be able to do a write up! It will be alot more realistic as well considering i can do most(if not all) the things a real-life gm could do!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Ok cool, like i said i dont have the game yet, and i probably wont for another couple of weeks but it sure is nice to think that ill be able to do a write up! It will be alot more realistic as well considering i can do most(if not all) the things a real-life gm could do!

I'd definitely read it man! Really enjoyed my time with ESHM when I played it, would definitely follow yours.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WHY IS THIS GAME SO BROKEN????

go to the Eastern Conference Finals, finishing top-3 in the conference 2 straight years, I offer Kyle Turris more than $1-million than what he's asking for and he rejects because the team isn't going in the direction he wants it to and wants to win now.

WHAT THE HELL, EA

EDIT: and now he signs after he hits the open market and I overpay like crazy.

****ing hell.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

Yup. And I also have the problem of the game stuck in a black screen if I view a players profile in the roster movement area, where you call someone up or send them down.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa Senators 2015-2016 Season
Ottawa Senators 2016-2017 Season

OTTAWA SENATORS 2017-2018

LINEUP

Mike Hoffman (87)|Kyle Turris (88)|Bobby Ryan (87)
Mika Zibanejad (85)|Martin Hanzal (87)|Mark Stone (86)
Shane Prince (83)|Curtis Lazar (84)|Matt Puempel (83)
Alex Killorn (83)|Mike Santorelli (82)|Jean-Gabriel Pageau (81)
Sergei Plotnikov (80)

Derrick Pouliot (89)|Erik Karlsson (95)
Karl Alzner (85)|Patrick Wiercioch (87)
Marc Methot (82)|Cody Ceci (84)
Mark Borowiecki (80)

Craig Anderson (87)|Matt O'Connor (82)

PRE-TRADE DEADLINE

CONFIRMED TRADE WITH LINK: [OTT/LAK] Sens trade Andrew Hammond for LA 2018 5th round pick.​

- Pre-season: 6-0-1.
- As of November 8, the Sens hold a 4-5-2 record and sit 8th in the Atlantic Division. While the season just started, and it's just the first 11 games, but it's safe to say this isn't the start to the season GM MCG would have wanted for his team after the additions he made this summer.
- Through the first two months, the Sens disappointing season continued as the Sens had a 10-11-2 record heading into December.
- Heading into the All-Star Break, the Sens are in the midst of a fantastic run. Their record is now 23-17-3 after some lineup changes, and the Sens have a 10-0-2 record since December 30th.
- The Senators huge run continues heading into the trade deadline. Since December 30th, they've posted an amazing 24-4-3 record in their past 31 games and a 14-4-1 record since the All-Star Break.

TRADE DEADLINE

- The Ottawa Senators have a 37-22-4 record heading into the Trade Deadline and are in the market for a top-six winger to bolster their lineup. The Senators were reportedly in "very deep" on James van Riemsdyk from the Toronto Maple Leafs, but the Maple Leafs opted to trade James van Riemsdyk to the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 2019 1st and two prospects, instead.

CONFIRMED TRADE WITH LINK: [OTT/DET] Henrik Zetterberg (20% retained) for Jason Bell & TOR '18 3rd.​

photo.php

Henrik Zetterberg has 16 goals and 34 points in 61 games on a struggling Detroit team this season.

POST-TRADE DEADLINE

- The Ottawa Senators go on a 12-6-1 run after the Trade Deadline and finish the season with a 49-28-5 record. The Sens finish 2nd in the Atlantic Division and 3rd in the Eastern Conference. Since December 30th, the Sens went on an amazing 36-11-4 record to clinch this playoff spot.

STATS

FORWARDS

Kyle Turris|82|21|52|73
Bobby Ryan|82|29|40|69
Mike Hoffman|82|24|41|65
Martin Hanzal|82|22|26|48
Mark Stone|82|14|33|47
Mika Zibanejad|82|13|32|45
Shane Prince|82|17|19|36
Curtis Lazar|82|8|21|29
Matt Puempel|82|15|12|27
Alex Killorn|82|9|15|24
Mike Santorelli|82|2|19|21
Henrik Zetterberg**|18|6|13|19
Jean-Gabriel Pageau|64|7|9|16

DEFENSE

Erik Karlsson|82|27|48|75
Derrick Pouliot|82|15|24|39
Patrick Wiercioch|82|5|25|30
Cody Ceci|82|4|16|20
Karl Alzner|82|9|5|14
Marc Methot|82|2|2|4

* = traded mid-season
** = acquired mid-season

GOALIES

Player | GP | Record | Shutouts | SV% | GAA
Craig Anderson|67|41-21-3|5|.920|2.38
Matt O'Connor|18|8-7-2|1|.928|2.05

PLAYOFFS

ROUND 1 vs. MONTREAL CANADIENS

The Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens meet in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the second consecutive season and the fourth time in the past six seasons, continuing to build this rivalry, which is already hitting a fever pitch.

1|Ottawa|1-2|Montreal|Montreal leads 1-0
2|Ottawa|5-2|Montreal|Series tied 1-1
3|Montreal|2-5|Ottawa| Ottawa leads 2-1
4|Montreal|2-0|Ottawa|Series tied 2-2
5|Ottawa|2-3 (OT)|Montreal|Montreal leads 3-2
6|Montreal|1-2|Ottawa|Series tied 3-3
7|Ottawa|2-0|Montreal| Ottawa wins 4-3

ROUND 2 @ BUFFALO SABRES

1|Buffalo|0-3|Ottawa| Ottawa leads 1-0
2|Buffalo|2-0|Ottawa|Series tied 1-1
3|Ottawa|4-1|Buffalo| Ottawa leads 2-1
4|Ottawa|2-1|Buffalo| Ottawa leads 3-1
5|Buffalo|0-4|Ottawa| Ottawa wins 4-1

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS @ WASHINGTON CAPITALS

1|Washington|1-2|Ottawa| Ottawa leads 1-0
2|Washington|3-4 (OT)|Ottawa| Ottawa leads 2-0
3|Ottawa|2-3 (OT)|Washington| Ottawa leads 2-1
4|Ottawa|1-6|Washington|Series tied 2-2
5|Washington|2-0|Ottawa|Washington leads 3-2
6|Ottawa|0-4|Washington|Washington wins 4-2

Ottawa built a nice 2-game lead after the first two games, but the tide turned when Alex Ovechkin woke up, notably in game 4, where he scored 4 straight goals before the Sens finally got on the board, and scored another 3 in games 5 and 6 combined to put the nail in the coffin for the Sens season.

Washington's Carlson (John Carlson) edged out Erik Karlsson for the Norris Trophy this season. John Carlson put up 65 points through 82 games with a +33 rating while Erik Karlsson put up 75 points through 82 games with a +9 rating.

NHL ENTRY DRAFT

With the Sens needing all the cap space they can find to re-sign Kyle Turris, Alex Killorn's name is out there in trade talks. The Ottawa Senators are also shopping their own 1st-round-pick, which is 28th overall, for a starting goaltender as Craig Anderson announced his retirement shortly after the Sens playoff run came to an end. The Ottawa Senators have been linked to goaltender Semyon Varlamov after the Colorado Avalanche made him available a couple of weeks ago.

CONFIRMED TRADE WITH LINK: [OTT/MTL] Alex Killorn & OTT '18 3rd for MTL '18 2nd​

Selection | Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
28|Anthony Laughton|Right Wing|18|60|Medium Top-9
50|Gord Schlemko|Left Wing|19|66|Medium Top-9
118|Radovan Pavlik|Left Wing|20|64|Medium AHL Bottom-6
129|Dale Girardi|Right Wing|19|63|Medium AHL Top-6
148|Christopher Paquette|Center|20|56|Low AHL 4th line
178|Mitchell Balmas|Center|20|59|Medium AHL Bottom-6
208|Cody Paivarinta|Defense|20|59|Low AHL Top-4

SENATORS RE-SIGN...

The Sens have $15-million in cap space this summer. The retirement of Craig Anderson, and Kyle Turris needing a new contract, is going to force MCG to get creative with the cap.

Kyle Turris|Center|28|88|Elite|6 years|$8,000,000|$48,000,000
Mark Stone|Right Wing|26|86|High Top-6|7 years|$3,950,000|$27,650,000
Shane Prince|Left Wing|25|83|High Top-6|2 years|$2,500,000|$5,000,000
Jean-Gabriel Pageau|Center|25|81|Low Top-9|2 years|$950,000|$1,900,000

SENATORS LOSE...

Player | Position | Reason
Craig Anderson|Goalie|Retirement
Sergei Plotnikov|Left Wing|UFA
Mark Borowiecki|Defense|UFA
Mike Santorelli|Center|UFA

SENATORS SIGN...

The Sens tough contract negotiations with Kyle Turris, which spilled into Turris hitting the open market, led to them having to outbid other teams to re-sign Kyle Turris to his 6-year, $48-million deal, eating away at the Sens cap space. The Sens had no more cap space to sign any roster players on July 5th, but they did need to acquire a starting goaltender and were looking to get rid of Methot's contract....

CONFIRMED TRADE WITH LINK: [OTT/COL] Varlamov & Bear for Methot, Laughton, Barnaby & OTT '19 1st-rd-pick​

In a phone interview with TSN, GM MCG revealed that this trade was considered a "must" with Craig Anderson's retirement and revealed that they had talks on Varlamov at the draft, but they couldn't work out a deal. Finally, Colorado accepted his last offer to land Semyon Varlamov. GM MCG expressed that he realizes he's in a tough situation with the cap, with Karlsson, Pouliot, Varlamov, Alzner & Hanzal all having expiring contracts, and expressed that he's going to work hard to get all the key pieces re-signed to ensure further success for the Ottawa Senators, and eventually bring the organization their first Stanley Cup.

photo.php

Semyon Varlamov, acquired by the Ottawa Senators on July 6th to replace Anderson as new starting goaltender.

TRANSACTION SUMMARY

TRADES

Date | Team | Acquires | Acquires | Team
Sept. 16, 2017|
TeamLogo
|LAK 2018 5th-round-pick|G Andrew Hammond|
TeamLogo

Mar. 3, 2018|
TeamLogo
|LW Henrik Zetterberg (20% retained)|D Jason Bell & TOR 2018 3rd-round-pick|
TeamLogo

Jun. 23, 2018|
TeamLogo
|MTL 2018 2nd-round-pick|LW Alex Killorn & OTT 2018 3rd-round-pick|
TeamLogo

Jul. 6, 2018|
TeamLogo
|G Semyon Varlamov & D Ethan Bear|D Marc Methot, RW Anthony Laughton, RW Owen Barnaby & OTT 2019 1st-round-pick|
TeamLogo

RE-SIGNINGS

C Kyle Turris (6 years, $8m)
RW Mark Stone (7 years, $3.95m)
LW Shane Prince (2 years, $2.5m)
C Jean-Gabriel Pageau (2 years, $950k)

SIGNINGS

None.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You're gonna win the cup and Karlsson is gonna walk because he wants to be part of a winning organization.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You won't need Alzner if you re-sign Karlsson. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Alzner is actually a huge reason for the success.

Alzner - Karlsson
Pouliot - Wiercioch

is a dominant top-4 and really helping the team and its success. Alzner is an absolute must unless Chabot develops enough to replace him, but even then, I'd want him on the bottom pairing first, most likely.

I was also kind of banking on Zetterberg retiring so that kind of ****ed the cap situation, even with Detroit retaining 20%. :laugh: Hopefully he retires when I need to re-sign Karlsson and co.

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Here's some EA Logic...

Florida traded Jiri Hudler to the Islanders for their 2016 1st and Adam Pelech at the Trade Deadline.

...Pelech has HIGH TOP 4 D potential.
...The Islanders missed the playoffs like really bad, they were bottom 5.
...Florida ended up winning the lottery with the Islanders pick.
...Florida also had the #4 Overall Pick

Who did Florida pick #1 Overall? Some guy named Auston Matthews.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
Yup. And I also have the problem of the game stuck in a black screen if I view a players profile in the roster movement area, where you call someone up or send them down.

I can attest that this happens more often with CPU generated prospects. In fact I can't recall the last time it happened to me while viewing a current NHL, AHL, or CHL player. So my advice and the technique I've been using to avoid this bug is to always view an older player first. Then use the triggers to cycle down to the prospect you are trying to view. Yup it's annoying but so is losing all your progress and or saving and restarting over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA