BE A GM Thread - Part II (NHL 16/NHL 15/whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Anybody ever get these menu glitches:

1) Have to push the A/X button 2-3 times for the game to recognize what I want to do? Especially on the contract / trade screens?

2) A weird fast-scrolling glitch where the cursor just goes all over the place for like 15-20 seconds, super fast in the direction you are pointing it?

Black and Gold 11

Apr 1, 2015

1) Have to push the A/X button 2-3 times for the game to recognize what I want to do? Especially on the contract / trade screens?

2) A weird fast-scrolling glitch where the cursor just goes all over the place for like 15-20 seconds, super fast in the direction you are pointing it?

All the time.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown

Number 1 happens to me ALL THE TIME. I thought maybe it was just my controller, but I haven't had the same problems with other games.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

28586394_taro-tsujimoto---tokyo-katanas---buffalo-sabres-.jpg

GMDP's TOKYO KATANAS NHL 15 GM LOG

PAST ENTRIES
1-Introduction
2-2015 Season Summary

DraftFloor_0626_Landing2.jpg

2015 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

*Because the real life 2015 draft class were assigned to their teams in the roster update I downloaded, this draft has left over CHL prospects with potentials auto-generated by the CPU.

A LOOK AT THE PICKS GIVEN AWAY IN THE GRETZKY TRADE
When the Legends considered trading away Gretzky, the reason they did it is because they had one player in mind to draft. Generational goalie prospect Bobby Dugan. With Tokyo entering the league with one of the worst NHL lineups of all time, Legends GM Gary Bettman saw an opportunity to prey on the Katanas and trade for what would be his closest shot at the first overall draft pick.

Getting a young star goalie was a top priority for the Legends, who were rolling with a Brodeur and Roy tandem that had a combined age of 92.

With Tokyo's pick winning the draft lottery, Gary Bettman stepped up to the podium and selected the Florida born Bobby Dugan 1st overall.

This year has been a dream for Gary Bettman, not only did he finally bring a cup to Arizona, he got to step up and draft the fruits of his southern expansion, perhaps the greatest goalie prospect of all time, a player not born in Canada, not born in Sweden, not even born in Minnesota......a player born in the Southern United States where hockey is quickly become the sport that reigns supreme.

Perplexingly, the Legends drafted another goalie, Martin Brodeur's son, Jeremy Brodeur with their 9th overall pick.

With the 25th overall pick, the Legends selected Mike Winther. Winther projects to be a solid middle 6 playmaking centre who has 2nd line upside.

-Legends select G B.Dugan 1st overall.
-Legends select G J.Brodeur 9th overall.
-Legends select C M.Winther 25th overall.

DRAFT SUMMARY
As a result of previous IRL Sabres trades, as well as the Gretzky blockbuster, the Katanas had to wait until the 55th pick to take their first player.

Tokyo management went on record about how important they felt it would be to find a young player with potential to be a strong starting goalie for them in the future. So it was only right that they'd use the 55th overall pick on Mathew Greenfield.

Greenfield is still years away from making an impact in the NHL, but has all the tools to be a star goalie for the Katanas.

With the Katanas final four picks in the draft, they chose an array of offensively gifted players. Most of these players are seen as guys with potential to be strong third line forwards in the NHL, although there is always a chance one might do much better than expected and become a fixture in the Katanas' top 6.

KATANAS DRAFT CHOICES
2.55-Mathew Greenfield (G HYB)
4.1-Pius Suter (C PLY)
5.1-Adam Zboril (LW PLY)
6.1-Troy Finger (RW SNP)
7.1-Nick Betz (RW PWF)

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

RE-SIGN PHASE
-Wayne Gretzky signs a 5 year extension. He'll still be an RFA when the extension ends. For what ever reason, the game had Gretzky on a 1 year deal despite him being 18.
-Mike Hoffman signs a lucrative 8 year extension.
-Anton Volchenkov signs a 3 year deal which will allow the veteran to remain a Katana through his mid 30s.
-Numerous homegrown Japanese players are released. Their NHL careers are most likely over.
-Japanese players Wakabayashi and Yoshida are rewarded for their play last season with 2 way extensions.
-Every draft pick signed to an ELC.

FREE AGENCY
-The Katanas approach UFA goalie prospect 20yo Brendan Burke, but he isn't interested in moving to Tokyo. There was lots of interest league wide in Burke.
-The Katanas sign Jack Hillen 29yo 79oa top 6D to a 2 year contract. Hillen will likely get an opportunity to be a top pairing defender on Tokyo's team.
-The Katanas sign Eric Cole 36yo RW PWF 83oa to a 2 year contract. Cole should compete with Jaskin for a spot on the Hoffman/Gretzky line.

Wrc6o9h.jpg

TOKYO REPORTEDLY OUT OF THE PATRICK ROY DERBY; ACQUIRE MATT HACKETT FROM ANAHEIM
With it being clear that Tokyo needed a strong presence in net in order to cover up for their many deficiencies, as early as the NHL draft they had been exchanging calls with the Arizona Legends about the 50 year old goalkeeper.

The price for Roy was simple, a first round draft pick or a high end prospect.

It was rumoured that Tokyo was very close to pulling the trigger on Roy, but instead they went in a completely different direction by acquiring Matt Hackett from Anaheim. The Katanas paid considerably less for Hackett than they would for Roy.

The Katanas sent a 3rd round pick and a goalie contract to the Ducks in exchange for Hackett and a 4th. Hackett isn't seen as an NHL starter, but he is a considerable upgrade over Nathan Lieuwen (76oa), and the Katanas have gone on record after the trade stating that they think Hackett has potential to be a good starter down the line.

The big hitch with Hackett is that he only has two years left on his deal, and will be a UFA afterwards. Meaning the Katanas could end up developing him, only to see him walk away from the team.

SEPTEMBER 13th 2015
The Katanas invite numerous unsigned players to training camp in order to fill gaps from the amount of Japanese talent released during the re-sign phase. Because the Katanas started their franchise without an actual NHL roster, they've been put in a position where they have to heavily recruit marginal talents and young players who have gone undrafted to fill their roster.

The Katanas have offered pro tryout contracts to the following players
Jack Skille RW 80oa 28yo
Saku Kinnunen C 74oa 20yo
Jonathon Blum D 77oa 26yo
Colby Robak D 78oa 25yo
Kenny Agostino LW 76oa 24yo
Jake Chelios D 76yo 24yo
Johan Sundstrom C 76oa 22yo
Seth Bloodoff D 65oa 19yo
Kolton Dixon D 65oa 20yo
Torin White RW 68oa 20yo

PLAYERS WHO REJECTED PTOs
Samuel Tremblay
Chris Neil
Daniel Winnik
Drayson Bowmen
Jordan Leopold

UP NEXT

@cutyoulikeakatana-â€HUGE NEWS. Hearing from my sources, a huge press conference is being organized to announce the acquisition of a 50 goal scorer. Stay tuned.â€

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2014-2015 Post Mortem
new_york_ranger_wallpaper_by_redzonefresh-d73jz3x.png

The New York Rangers will enter the off-season with lots of uncertainty surrounding them. After losing in the conference finals, longtime GM Glen Sather has retired, but not before naming former Pearson-Specter-Litt lawyer Mike Ross as his replacement.

suits1.jpg

The one time accused con man has been a scout for the Rangers for the last 2 years, at the age of 28 he is the youngest GM in NHL history. Ross has an eye for detail and is a mathematical genius, scouting and accounting are said to be his strong points. Many NHL execs are praising the move saying that he has the potential to be the next Stan Bowman.

Ross immediately held a press conference and talked about his vision for the team:
two-microphones-press-conference_header.png

I'm really excited to get started here, it's a dream come true for me. We're already a good team, however the challenge will be remaining a contender. Truthfully our prospect pool is bare, and we do not have many prospects that are ready to step in. Adding to the challenge is that our top players are over the age of 30, if our window is still open, it's closing fast. We want to contend, but we won't mortgage the future any further to do so. We won't be trading 1st rounders for the next 3 years minimum.

The upcoming draft will be very important to us, we have to draft well. The off-season will see some changes, like all new GM's I want to put a stamp on my team. We were 25th in goals for last year, if it wasn't for Hank, we don't make the playoff. My first priority will be to add to our offence. I think we could use a bit more speed and skill upfront, I prefer to have a team that is fast and skilled and that can play a puck possession game. That being said I won't blow up the whole team, but you can expect some changes to our current makeup.

The Rangers do not have a first round pick this year or next year. Ross has said it is unlikely that the Rangers will look to acquire one, instead they may look to add a young roster player, but they will try to acquire drag picks if the price is right. Fans are impressed by the Ross hire but expect results from the whiz kid.

Up next: 2015 NHL Entry Draft
nhl.2015.draft_.jpeg

Last edited:

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014

I don't have NHL 16, but 2bcproductions on YouTube has the 2nd one happen to him almost every video.

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
I dont have the game yet, but there is a game on steam called Eastside Hockey Manager(EHM for short). Would anybody be opposed to me making a write-up once i get this game? In summary it's a super in-depth game focused on GM mode, and only GM mode. Basically anything you can do in real life, and wish you could do in NHL, you can do in EHM! (Eg. Fire coaches, fire scouts, hire staff etc....) The only problem i see with me doing a write up is the fact that there isnt player overalls. Each player has 21 different statistics that vary from slap shot to creativity to hitting and so on... I could just get an average number of all statistics(add them all up and devide by 21) but that may be a problem as well. For instance Griffen Rienhart would be a 57avg player(out of 100) I know i could find ways around that part... But yeah just asking because there doesn't seem to be an actual active thread here for EHM like this. If you guys say no than thats ok, ill just go cry in my closet,,,, thanks....

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think that turbo thing where it moves around super fast is an xbox thing.

Both issues are game related, not console related (although it would be bloody weird if it was just on one console).

I always feel like my controller is broken when, ironically, I'm just browsing through NHL 16 menus and not playing the game.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
2015-16 Los Angeles Kings Pre-Trade Deadline Updates

Los%20Angeles%20Kings%202014%20Logo%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings%20Fabric%20Wall%20Decals.jpg

9/23: Signing
The Los Angeles Kings have signed forward Brandon McMillan to a 1 year, $650K contract. It is a two-way contract as well. McMillan will report to the Ontario Reign of the AHL.
Robitaille: “We needed some AHL depth right now. Not only does Brandon provide that, but he can come up and play in the NHL if we run into injury troubles later in the year.â€

9/27: Signing
The Los Angeles Kings have signed forward Sergei Plotnikov to a 1 year, $600K contract. It is a two-way contract as well. Plotnikov will report to the Ontario Reign of the AHL.
Robitaille: “This move, just like the McMillan signing, was to give us depth at the AHL level, as well as provide security in case we run into trouble at the NHL level.â€

10/5: Trade
:kings2<----->:cbj
The Los Angeles Kings have traded left wing Kyle Clifford, defenseman Matt Greene, and goalie Peter Budaj to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for right wing Cam Atkinson, a 2016 3rd round pick, and a 2017 4th round pick. Columbus retains 50% (1.75 million) of Atkinson’s contract. Atkinson has 3 years left on his contract.
Robitaille: “We’d like to thank Matt and Kyle for what they have done with this franchise. They’ve been here a while, they’ve been part of both of our cup winning teams. We needed to move in a different direction. Cam is a fantastic player, he can shoot, he can pass, and he can score. We got them to retain half of his deal, so it opens up cap space for us. We add some picks that will be much needed come trade deadline day.â€
Atkinson: “I’m very excited to come to LA. It’s a great city with great fans. And obviously it doesn’t take a genius to figure out how successful they’ve been, winning twice since 2012. Marian [Gaborik] as well as Jeff [Carter] have told me great things about LA. I’m excited.â€
Analyst: “Greene was battling for a spot in the Kings lineup with Scuderi during preseason. Apparently he lost (or Scuderi wouldn’t waive his NTC), making him expendable. Clifford is signed to a fantastic contract at under 2 million for 5 years. Budaj might get some time in the AHL, but don’t expect to see him in a Jackets uniform unless something goes terribly wrong. For the Kings, Atkinson is only 26 and coming off back-to-back 20 goal seasons. With Columbus retaining 50 percent, his contract is very affordable as well. As Robitaille said, those draft picks will come in handy if the Kings want to make more moves.â€
Cam-Atkinson_1-500x356.jpg

10/21: Trade
:kings2<----->:wild
The Los Angeles Kings have traded D prospect Chaz Reddekopp to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a 2016 3rd round pick and a 2016 6th round pick.
Robitaille: “We have a lot of defensive defenseman in our prospect pipeline right now. Chaz was the one who could bring back the most value out of the players we were willing to trade.â€
Reddekopp: “I’m excited for what my future holds, and going to Minnesota is a great moment in my career for sure.â€
Analyst: “Not a big trade, but one that could be looked at as a steal down the road. Reddekopp is a very good prospect. Only 18 years old, a lot of potential. The Kings, as Luc Robitaille stated, had a lot of his type of player in their system already. We’ll see how this trade works out in time.â€

2/6: Waiver Claim
The Los Angeles Kings have claimed defenseman Anthony Bitetto off waivers from the Nashville Predators. Bitetto will report to the AHL. The 25 year old has 1 year left on his current contract.

3/1: Special Trade Deadline Report
tsn-tradecentre-iphone_65451.jpg

6:30- GM Luc Robitaille, his assistant GM, scouts, and other front office members, gather in a suite in the Staples Center. This will be their headquarters for today’s action on Trade Deadline day.

Trade%20Deadline1.jpg

7:00- TSN Trade Deadline day coverage begins…
Duthie: “Good morning everyone. Welcome to TSN’s coverage of the 2016 NHL Trade Deadline. I’m James Duthie. Alongside me is Martin Biron, Pierre McGuire and Kevin Weekes, and back at the trade breakers table, we have Darren Dreger, Bob McKenzie, Gord Miller, and Elliote Friedman. So, not even a minute into the show, and we have two trades to talk about. Go ahead guys.â€

Miller: “Well we had two trades occur prior to the show. One at around 4:00 this morning, and another at about 6:00. The first trade was Brad Boyes moving from Toronto to Minnesota for two prospects, Chase Lang and Guillaume Gelinas.â€

Friedman: “The second trade was Fedor Tyutin to the Ducks for a 2016 3rd and Kevin Gagne.â€

Dreger: “And we have a trade coming now as well. Believed Washington and Arizona going to make a deal.â€

McKenzie: “Yes. It’s Boyd Gordon back to Washington for a 2017 2nd round pick.â€

8:00-TRADE ALERT
:kings2<----->:coyotes
Los Angeles Kings acquire F Martin Hanzal and D Michael Stone from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for F Trevor Lewis, D Luke Schenn, a 2016 1st, and a 2017 2nd round pick. The Coyotes also retain 50% (1.55 million) of Hanzal’s salary. His contract ends after next season.

9:30-TRADE ALERT
:bolts<----->:coyotes
Tampa Bay Lightning acquire F Alex Tanguay from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for F Anthony Cirelli and D Daniel Walcott.

10:45-TRADE ALERT
:kings2<----->:leafs
Los Angeles Kings acquire D Michael Del Zotto and D Brandon Manning from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for D Rob Scuderi, D Derek Forbort, G Jean-Francois Berube, F Jake Marchment, and a 2016 3rd round pick.

12:00-TRADE ALERT
:nashville<----->:leafs
Nashville Predators acquire F Michael Grabner from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for F Saku Maenalanen and a 2016 3rd round pick.

Trade Deadline day Recap:
In: Del Zotto, Hanzal, Stone, Manning
Out: Lewis, Schenn, Scuderi, Forbort, Berube, 2016 1st, 2017 2nd, 2016 3rd

GM Robiatille's comments on the day: "We felt we needed to make a few changes to improve our lineup and our chances of winning the cup. We felt we did that here today. The best part is that Hanzal is more than just a rental because he's signed through next year as well. I'm excited for the playoffs [which the Kings have remarkably already clinched] and to see what this team brings."

Post Trade Deadline Lineup:
LW|C|RW
Gaborik|Kopitar|Toffoli
Lucic|Carter|Pearson
Versteeg|Hanzal|Atkinson
King|Lecavalier|Brown
D|D
Doughty|Muzzin
Voynov|Del Zotto
Martinez|Stone
G|G
Quick|Enroth

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2015 NHL Entry
NHL_2015Draft_SecondaryMarksEnglishEDIT.jpg

We're live at the 2015 NHL entry draft.

Mike Richter here, joined by Pavel Bure and Pierre McGuire proving you with full coverage of all the Rangers moves on the day.

Before we get started, we'd like to wish Marty St.Louis a happy retirement.

Pierre, are the Rangers going to be busy today ? -Mike
5baaet.jpg

I think so, Mike Ross has been all over the phones and has let teams know he's open for business. Dan Girardi is on the block as is Derick Brassard, we also believe that Rick Nash could be traded. -Pierre

I've also heard the the Rangers have interest in Nino Nidereiter, Brandon Saad and Nail Yakupov, Saad and Yakupov are the most likely to be moved. Saad is in a contract dispute and Yakupov wants out, the Rangers are looking for a young top 6 winger or 2, and are willing to deal a core piece to get one. -Pavel Bure

That's right, I'm also told that Chris Kreider has lots of interest, remains to be seen if he gets moved. Ross wants to make his team better but also wants to retool me get younger while staying competitive, tough act to balance. -Mike Richter

Pierre: Hearing that Anaheim offered a first round pick for Brassard but it was shot down, Nashville also offered a first. Ross said no.
272541-650-366.jpg

Pavel: Tanner Glass has been traded to the San Jose Sharks.

Mike: We'll get the details soon. Ross and Chareilli talking, we think it's about Yakupov, told Ross is high on him.

Pierre: Ross back at the table, looks like he's watching the first round unfold.

Mike: Draft is underway, here's your top 5:
1: Jack Eichel CAR
2: Connor McDavid ARZ
3: Mitch Marner EDM
4: Timo Meier BUF
5: Dylan Strome Calgary

We've got the full details of the Glass trade:

To SJ
LW Tanner Glass 28 78 GRN 3W 2yr 1.25M

To NYR
2016 5th

Told Ross didn't want to see Glass go, but has to make room for JT Miller. 137 is a pick in the 5th round, good haul for NYR. -Richter

Pierre: Ross and Murray talking, told it's about Brassard, Sens making hard push. Brassard is from Gatineau, about 20 minutes from Ottawa.

Bure: Ross and Bowman talking, we think it's about Saad.

Second round is about to start, we've received word that Keith Yandle has been traded. Yandle wasn't on the block, he was also just acquired at the deadline for Anthony Duclair, big surprise to see him moved. -McGuire
Keith-Yandle-e1425397936755.jpg

We tried to reach Yandle's agent for comment, only comment he had was that his client is in shock, found out by watching the draft. -Bure

Rangers are up, they take G Michael McNiven 48th overall. -Richter

Details of the Yandle trade have emerged:

To CHI
D Keith Yandle 27 87 OFD 4.5W 2yr 2.35M

To NYR
RW Brandon Saad 22 85 TWF RFA
80th ovr

"Hawks and Saad couldn't agree on a new deal. Chicago wanted a D, and Rangers wanted a young top 6 winger, steep price for both teams but if you're in win now mode like Chicago is you pay the price, win-win on both sides but a huge shock to Yandle, told he loved NYC. If Ross wanted to make a statement, mission accomplished." -Pierre McGuire

Rangers have made another trade, details as follows:

To Nashville:
88th OVR
LW Nick Tarnasky 30 73 ENF 2yrs 750k

To NYR
79th overall

"Rangers moving up, must like someone. Nashville wanted to add some toughness." -Bure

Round 3 is underway, Rangers pick back to back at 79th and 80, and we'd also like to add that Chris Kreider has been traded to the Edmonton Oilers.

With the 79th and 80th picks, the Rangers selected D Nick Stock and C Dominic Gagnon (My CAP's) who are teammates on the Val D'or Foreurs.
foreurs1280-640x360.jpg
[/IMG]
Stock is 19 and was a D on the Canadian WJC that won gold in Toronto, was passed over last year. Told a few teams are really high on him. Gagnon is a 2 way center, great hockey sense, overager in the Q who's a bit of a late bloomer, 94 born, pro-ready. -Pierre McGuire

Ross says he's done trading for the day, details of the Kreider trade are as follows:

To EDM
LW Chris Kreider 24 83 PWF 4G 2yr 2.2M

To NYR
RW Nail Yakupov 21 83 SNP 4.5R 2yr 2.5M
122nd ovr
Yakupov.jpg

"Both players need a change of scenery, both teams fill a need, a solid hockey trade. Ross wanted the extra pick, told he insisted on it. Oilers really wanted to get a big winger like Kreider." -Bure

Rangers 4th round picks are D Oliver Kylington and LW Jake Gilmour, son of former NHL Doug. -Richter

Rangers have been very busy today, told Ross wanted to make a splash but some trades just fell into place. He will address media tomorrow in New York and discuss his trades. -McGuire

Rangers take C Sebastian Aho in the 5th round, and D Sebastian Aho in the 6th.

Rangers selected 7 players today, and made 5 trades, busy day for rookie GM Ross, made himself known. -Bure.

That's it for our NHL Entry Draft coverage, stay tuned for post draft discussion with us.

We managed to catch up with Rangers GM Mike Ross who talked about today's draft and the moves he made:
BVBa_R7CUAADom5.png

"We were busy today. We tried really hard to make our team better without sacrificing our future and I think we got better while being able to build for the future. It was tough to move out Keith Yandle, he's a great player but we felt we were deep enough on the back end to move him. Brandon Saad is a great young player who needs a bit more playing time and he'll get that here. He's going to be a great player for us over the next 5-6 years minimum. I made the Kreider deal because I felt it wasn't working out for Chris here, sometimes players need a change. Nail has the potential to be a 30-35 goal guy in this league and we're excited to have him here. We're happy with the guys we drafted, we felt we got everyone we had wanted and we got a few guys who could really be something. 4-5 years from now people will look back at the draft and say that Stock and Gagnon were steals." -Mike Ross

Rangers draft picks:
2nd round:
48th overall G Michael McNiven 17 57ovr 4Y BUT

3rd round:
79th overall D Nick Stock 20 76ovr 4.5R TWD
80th overall C Dominic Gagnon 20 77ovr 4.5R TWF

4th round
92nd overall D Oliver Kylington 18 66ovr 4.5R TWD
118th overall LW Jake Gilmour 18 60ovr 4R TWF

5th round
137th overall C Sebastian Aho 17 68ovr 3.5Y PLY

6th round
178th overall D Sebastian Aho 19 71ovr 3.5Y TWD

Up next: Player Re-Signings and UFA

Players leaving via UFA
C James Sheppard 27 80ovr TWF
C Chris Mueller 29 77ovr TWF
LW Chris Bourque 29 77ovr SNP
RW Carl Klingberg 24 78ovr TWF
RW Danny Kristo 25 75ovr SNP
RW Joey Crabb 32 73ovr TWF
RW Marek Hrivik 23 70ovr PLY
RW Shawn O'Donnell 27 67ovr PLY
D Mike Kostka 29 78ovr TWD
D Matt Hunwick 30 75ovr DFD
D Connor Allen 25 73ovr TWD
D Mat Bodie 25 67ovr OFD
G Jason Missaen 25 68ovr BUT

Player Re-Signings
dollar-signs.jpg

C Derek Stepan 25 86 PLY 8yr 5M
C Oscar Lindberg 23 74 PLY 1yr 550k
LW Carl Hagelin 26 84 PLY 26 4yr 3.2M
LW JT Miller 22 81 TWF 22 1yr 750k
RW Brandon Saad 22 85 TWF 8yr 6M
RW Jesper Fast 23 74 SNP 1yr 550k
D Dylan McIlrath 23 76 1yr 700k

Free Agency
logo_free_agent_frenzy-239x100.gif

LW Daniel Winnik 30 81 1yr 1.7M
RW Jack Skille 28 80 1yr 1.1M

ELC's
C Dominic Gagnon 20 77ovr 3yr 900k
D Nick Stock 20 76ovr 3yr 900k

Last edited:

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Once again, here's the twitter account link for the GM Mode for anyone who wants it, but be warned, I post the updates on twitter first, so if you don't like spoilers, don't click the link. If you want to feel like a hockey insider though, and know the scoop before everyone else, then go right ahead :laugh: :https://twitter.com/LA_Kings_GM

Also won't be posting end of season recap until tomorrow. Have a test to study for tonight :(

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Both issues are game related, not console related (although it would be bloody weird if it was just on one console).

I always feel like my controller is broken when, ironically, I'm just browsing through NHL 16 menus and not playing the game.

Menus yes, turbo no. I've never once encountered it on PS4 and I've never seen or heard of anyone else encountering it. I think that's an xbox thing.

The menus are ****ing trash on both consoles though. It's a ****ing joke. Tonight I pressed "X" five times to do one thing in the menus. It's ridiculous.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Enjoyed the draft writeup. You captured all the fun of draft day.

My only criticism is that you could have snuck a picture of Pierre McGuire in there to make it feel more authentic.

Like this.

ebbpy88cjobno1if1yau_400x400.jpeg

edit: lol just scrolled up and you actually did sneak one in there. Good job.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Menus yes, turbo no. I've never once encountered it on PS4 and I've never seen or heard of anyone else encountering it. I think that's an xbox thing.

The menus are ****ing trash on both consoles though. It's a ****ing joke. Tonight I pressed "X" five times to do one thing in the menus. It's ridiculous.

100% agree on the menus.

It's just downright shocking something as reputable as EA Sports, with their huge studio in BC and their resources, seem to be failing to get some of the most basic things right in their games.

Too much emphasis on actual on-ice gameplay, and just not enough on the overall experience. There's no QoC testing at all here, and it's so pathetically obvious.

Just a damn shame there isn't a competitor out there. OOTP based or 2K etc.

badams326

Apr 17, 2014

All the time. It's been almost 6 months and they still haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany