Battle of the Rebuilds, year end crap totals

Jakemcl*

Weird how things change the flames have battled every night and these last 2 losses will be the only reward in being 4th last. Weird how the flames best the oilers 8-1 oilers beat the bucks 5-1 now calgary is losing 5-1 to canucks vicious circle of bottom feaders

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Flames may have put up a heroic effort to stay out of the very bottom of the standings but to what end? I dont see much potential to win a cup with that roster or even to build towards one, unlike the Oilers.

So sure the Flames deserve kudos but lets not pretend they are on the rise

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
The Flames may have put up a heroic effort to stay out of the very bottom of the standings but to what end? I dont see much potential to win a cup with that roster or even to build towards one, unlike the Oilers.

So sure the Flames deserve kudos but lets not pretend they are on the rise
building a hard working environment is worth the difference between 3rd and 4th overall.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
building a hard working environment is worth the difference between 3rd and 4th overall.

Yeah ,they just started the rebuild, of course they won't have the talent to compete for a Cup. A good environment and culture is essential to starting a rebuild.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I think i found the perfect gif to describe the Oilers rebuild thus far.

ixVEC.gif

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hmmm... just looking at some crude oil historical price charts (as you do) and every year that the Oilers won the Cup in the past... the price of oil was under $30 a barrel for the year.

It's simple really... we just have to wait for oil to drop to under $30 again and the Oilers should win again... any day now. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad