Post-Game Talk: Battle of Ontario: Part 3 | 7:00pm | Saturday Night on CBC |

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Always fun to beat the Leafs in Toronto.

Particularly when they choke up the lead in the last minute which seems to be their MO this year.

HD really brings out the sadness and disappointment of the faces in the crowd.

This is the thing. I watched the last bit of the game with someone who's huge on advanced stats. And the leafs have really good advanced stats. So he was saying how unlucky the leafs have been. But this is the thing, I've watched a lot of the leafs...

Their biggest issue is how they play defensively. They play incredibly well offensively and carry the play. But they do not do well when they don't have the puck. I notice many 2 on 1s or worse and it seems that when the leafs don't have the puck they get flustered. Once they get the puck back they play well again. But if a team can limit their play to the outside, they will struggle.

Toronto is a team that I see even when up by 3 can lose a game. So with a minute left I'm not surprised ottawa tied it up. They are also a team that if they are down by 3... could score 3 quickly.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
This is the thing. I watched the last bit of the game with someone who's huge on advanced stats. And the leafs have really good advanced stats. So he was saying how unlucky the leafs have been. But this is the thing, I've watched a lot of the leafs...

Their biggest issue is how they play defensively. They play incredibly well offensively and carry the play. But they do not do well when they don't have the puck. I notice many 2 on 1s or worse and it seems that when the leafs don't have the puck they get flustered. Once they get the puck back they play well again. But if a team can limit their play to the outside, they will struggle.

Toronto is a team that I see even when up by 3 can lose a game. So with a minute left I'm not surprised ottawa tied it up. They are also a team that if they are down by 3... could score 3 quickly.

If there is one major concern with the Leafs its this going into the season they said we can not depend on the young kids to carry the team yet that is what has happened.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If there is one major concern with the Leafs its this going into the season they said we can not depend on the young kids to carry the team yet that is what has happened.

I think they're going to be a good team.

A lot of their fans don't have the patience to wait for that to happen.

Dave Sparkly Allison said:
That game was played on my birthday. It was one of the greatest birthday gifts I've ever been given.

I was at Tailgators.

Good to hear the roar of the bar when they tied it up and when Pyatt scored the winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad