Post-Game Talk: Battle of Ontario: Part 3 | 7:00pm | Saturday Night on CBC |

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I don't think there is any issue with the movement of the puck. If there is no issue with Marner entering the blue paint ahead of the puck and making contact with Condon's stick, then its a good goal

The rules on the books talk about "must be in motion towards the opponent's goal".

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Just ****ing take out this garbage gimmick and we wouldn't have to complain about it. ;)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I still think its a good goal from the puck movement perspective. I still don't like the possible interference.

I view it the other way. I still think there is no interference. I still don't like the puck movement perspective.

I really do feel like he pulls it back, then it goes sideways for a bit and then he puts it in the net.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Marner loses control of the puck when he tries that little backhand pull, the puck slides sideways not forward and then he reaches back and sweeps it in the net. By then he's in the blue paint and his skate is interfering with Condon's stick. It doesn't matter if Condon made the move 1st or not in his own crease the player has no right to kick his stick even if it's accidental he shouldn't be in the blue paint before the puck.

It's easy to see that the puck is clearly sitting outside the blue paint when Marner enters so he has no business there. Condon is entitled to that space and not be interfered with in his crease. That's not a goal at any other time and the shootout should be no exception.

That is clearly no goal. Condon is 100% right. The Toronto NHL ref who reviewed it blew the call.

headup

Apr 7, 2008
The league is too ****ing cowardly. The Leafs are always going to get preferential treatment. Can't let their biggest money making franchise continue to be the laughing stock.

My favourite thing is how every time the Leafs play in Vancouver on a Saturday the game time is still 7 pm eastern time.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Marner loses control of the puck when he tries that little backhand pull, the puck slides sideways not forward and then he reaches back and sweeps it in the net. By then he's in the blue paint and his skate is interfering with Condon's stick. It doesn't matter if Condon made the move 1st or not in his own crease the player has no right to kick his stick even if it's accidental he shouldn't be in the blue paint before the puck.

It's easy to see that the puck is clearly sitting outside the blue paint when Marner enters so he has no business there. Condon is entitled to that space and not be interfered with in his crease. That's not a goal at any other time and the shootout should be no exception.

That is clearly no goal. Condon is 100% right. The Toronto NHL ref who reviewed it blew the call.

Simply, this.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You want to improve the PP? Get Turris off of the first unit.

I was sure this was going to another game lost due our special team failures.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Just saw the shootout replay on tv. Didn't like the call one bit. The reason they took the spin move out of the shootout was because of the pucks movement. This isn't exactly like that but the puck still stops or moves back for a split second when he loses control.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Agree that he loses control of the puck. I'm not concerned with the puck moving backward or not. Sometimes you gotta pull the puck back for a deke. But it's the loss of control and how the puck just slowly slides almost to a stop because of it.. Add the interference, and it is a clear no goal.

Oh well. Glad we won the SO or I'd be mad.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Doesn't matter that he only played 3 and a half minutes if he looked bad for most of it. The one assist doesn't change that. He was killing the flow of the game every time he hit the ice.

I don't think I'm exaggerating that much regarding Brassard. When he's bad, he's almost 100% ineffective aside from the FO dot.

OK, and don't worry, I agree that Neil shouldn't play outside of a few mins on the 4th line (and not even every game)

I dunno what's wrong with Brassard. He had good games with the Sens but overall he doesn't look like the same player as with the Rangers. Need to go pick-up his mojo in the big apple and bring it back

We played a lousy game. Leafs weren't that good. Fact.

You kept saying that but it's exaggerated IMO. Here's a few facts to consider :

- Sens hit the crossbar 3 times in that game

- The 2nd Leafs goal was a lucky bounce

- 33-27 the Shots for the Leafs, hardly an enormous gap

- http://www.espn.com/nhl/gamecast?gameId=400885089 : here's the game cast, check it and see how well the Sens covered the high slot.

- 72-65 CF for Leafs, 51-40 SCF for Leafs, but 13-10 HDCF for the Sens. It seems the Sens had the better quality chances, which is what my eye test told me too.

Hockey is a team game but also a game of momentum. Sens had all the momentum in the 1st and it changed in the 2nd period, with a parade to the box. 3rd period was a bit more even than the other 2 periods. Check the ice-time, the Sens basically play with only 3 lines. They really have to get some depth.

Ryan had a really solid game. Directly responsable for the tying goal too.

Could have had a few assists too, particularly when Turris hit the crossbar and Dzingel missed the net on a 3 on 1

So glad to be back on HF I was away for personnal reason and since I've been able to come back and annoy people we won 5 of our last 6 and play some overall pretty good hockey

Nothing too bad I hope. I don't like that term

Condon is a career backup. Last year showed he can't carry the load. I think he should be extended for a couple years, $2M per, but in a clear backup role to Andy.

It was his rookie season in the most pressured market though, having to fill Carey's shoes... And Montreal was bad last year.

Just giving credit where credit is due tonight. (Bobby Ryan)

1. Bobby Ryan goes to the tough area, and gets his stick on the first goal, to give us an early lead.
2. Again goes to the tough areas, and takes the eyes away from Andersen for Hoffman's goal, to tie the game with 1 minutes to go.
3. Scores one of our shootout goals.

I didn't see the 3 stars for tonight, but safe to say we don't win this game tonight without him.

He's an easy target when things aren't going well. So just saying, he deserves some credit for tonights win.

And that's mainly because of his cap hit. If the salaries were still undisclosed, the Ryan hate really wouldn't be close to what it is now. It becomes confirmation bias. People are expecting superhuman things. If his salary was 5.5, you wouldn't hear as much complaining.

That being said, he could have had 4 pts easily tonight

You want to improve the PP? Get Turris off of the first unit.

I was sure this was going to another game lost due our special team failures.

I thought the PP was really good last night

7:21
17 CF
10 Shots
13 SCF
5 HDCF

1 goal and 1 post too.

And 0 (SA, CA, etc) against!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad