Pre-Game Talk: Battle of Alberta - Round 1 of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'm sorry if "loathe to defend Turtle Tkachuk" wasn't clear enough for it to sound like I was absolutely not excusing him. What in that phrase made you think I was excusing him?

If you don't want him to play like a dirty POS you shouldn't give the opportunity to do so when possible. It's probably a good thing for defensemen to really try and avoid pushing opponents onto their own goalie.
Fair points.

Reactions: shoop

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Sounds like Koekkoek is out and Bouchard is in. Thank God. I really hate Koekkoek now. He panics so much

Reactions: Porkleaker

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Sounds like Koekkoek is out and Bouchard is in. Thank God. I really hate Koekkoek now. He panics so much
I honestly feel like we watch different games every night. How do you like Lagesson but not like 4K or Jones

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I honestly feel like we watch different games every night. How do you like Lagesson but not like 4K or Jones
I do like Jones. I think he's been great for majority of his games after he got scratched the first time. I do not like how much people are overrating Koekkoek and I don't see him as great player. He is good when he's in his comfort zone which is #6 Dman but I'd rather play Lagesson over him for a couple more games. The PK was decent with him even though it was Ottawa

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Scouts?? I remember people on this board were up in arms about Dria being selected and his year +1. Too slow they said.

I'm happy they were so terribly wrong, I didn't even follow that draft lol. Drai is a massively underpaid super-star of hockey. I don't imagine many people predicted this much success but I'll take it!

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Scouts?? I remember people on this board were up in arms about Dria being selected and his year +1. Too slow they said.

Not me, and I got in plenty of arguments on here about Draisaitl vs Bennett. I live in Prince Albert and saw what Draisaitl could do for 2 full seasons with the Raiders, and was absolutely eccstatic when the oilers picked him instead of "can't do a single pull-up" Bennett.

i'm quite happy to gloat about being right about Drai as well, as i'm rarely right when it comes to evaluating prospects, I was positive Robbie Schremp was a perennial 40 goal guy....Ughh.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The thing about this board is they are up and arms about everything and anything.

Maybe McDavid being selected 1st overall was last thing people weren't up in arms about. Heck even then there was probably an Eichel fan

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
The thing about this board is they are up and arms about everything and anything.

Maybe McDavid being selected 1st overall was last thing people weren't up in arms about. Heck even then there was probably an Eichel fan

Not sure if I remember Eichel fans but I definitely remember some posters questioning whether McDavid was going to be as good as expected, or might not have the physical fortitude for the league.

Reactions: joestevens29

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I hope this is Keith Tkachuk after Saturday:

aba.gif

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No hate for the player from me. He is what he is - a 6th - 7th dman.

Too many oiler fans are still shell shocked that a 6th or 7th dman on the roster actually looks competent so by extension many think he's some amazing all-star level revelation.

He's good. He's exactly what he should be but if he's on your top or second pairing for more than a game at a time in a pinch, it probably isn't going to lead to many victories.

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
Didn’t want to start a thread but I can’t find how playoffs work this year. Wildcard or top 4 automatically make it from each division?

Alik Bordour

Jun 26, 2004
Why would they do that?
To play Bouchard when Smith will be activated from IR. If Bouchard continues to impress, it's not that many options, IR someone from defence, waive one of 6-8th D or waive Grosenick. Trades unlikely at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad