Barzal vs Marner

Who's better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
At this point it has to be Marner unless you're putting a lot of value on position.

But, imagine how scary Boston would be if they just took the next 3 guys instead of the ones they did?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
LOL. Marner AINEC.

What has Barzal done in this league? Marner is top 10 in NHL scoring the last 3 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Marner.

Barzal plays with better players on a better team.
This is a joke right?

I'll take Barzal due to position and his ability to elevate in the playoffs. They are very close though.

Looks like most voters only look at the stats and don't watch the games.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
This is a joke right?

I'll take Barzal due to position and his ability to elevate in the playoffs. They are very close though.

Bless your heart Bert, of course you will take Barzal. I guess the 40 point gap doesn't bother you.

Also, being a C vs a W is only relevant if you bring exceptional defence. Marner PKs and is a good 5v5 defender, so the position part is kind of irrelevant.

Bert would probably take Stamkos over Matthews and Edmundson over Brodie if it meant he could have a chance to vote for a non-Leaf.

edit: sorry, I said 30 points gap. It's actually on pace to be a 47 pt gap in an 82 game season...

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's crazy how good Marner has become as a two-way player while being one of the absolute best offensively. Barzal is great in his own right though and better than his stats indicate.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Matt Barzal 25p in 30 playoff games. "Elevates his game for the playoffs"
Mitch Marner 21p in 25 playoff games. Doesn't elevate his game for the playoffs, apparently.

This is a joke right?

At this point I just laugh whenever you get angry at Leafs fans for saying biased things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad