Confirmed with Link: Barzal: Expected to play in Game 1

19 Straight

Jan 25, 2006
New Jersey
Barzal doesn't finish nearly enough for my liking and turns it over way more than he should but to basically say he wouldn't be an upgrade to Holmstrom's spot in the lineup is that of a window licker. We are playing a different style now which Lambert acknowledged but with Barzal on a wing it gives us something we don't have right now. Barzal will have to get in line and be productive within this system which I believe he will be. He will also have to get something/anything out of the PP otherwise none of it matters. We need to score first in games, play defense, let Sorokin be great and get timely scoring....Barzal has to be a part of that equation otherwise this playoffs is a waste of time.
Horvat was scoring when playing with Barzal. The power play had life with Barzal and Horvat. Horvat was brought here and signed to play with Barzal. If Barzal comes back to play in the playoffs, he needs to be paired with Horvat.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I haven't heard anybody report that though. Only info is from Lamoriello saying he would start... not confirming he has. If he started when LL says he did you'd at least expect to see him at a practice in non contact jersey by now, but nothing. I hope you are right.

Pretty sure it's been reported in multiple places, even during some broadcasts. Bissonnette just mentioned he may come back while on TNT the other night too. I've been on vacation though so maybe I had too much to drink. :laugh:

Edit: Found it from Kevin Kurz via Lambert.

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Pretty sure it's been reported in multiple places, even during some broadcasts. Bissonnette just mentioned he may come back while on TNT the other night too. I've been on vacation though so maybe I had too much to drink. :laugh:

Edit: Found it from Kevin Kurz via Lambert.

I never heard Brendan or Butchie say it once, but also I am forced to watch home telecasts on replay. The away telecast doesn't have fast forward. A few days after LL said Barzal would be skating, Brendan specifically said, "It doesn't look like the Islanders will have Barzal back anytime soon" in about as ominous a tone you can get. I'm not saying your wrong, but when you are sober I'd love a link, lol. I'd feel better about it then.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I never heard Brendan or Butchie say it once, but also I am forced to watch home telecasts on replay. The away telecast doesn't have fast forward. A few days after LL said Barzal would be skating, Brendan specifically said, "It doesn't look like the Islanders will have Barzal back anytime soon" in about as ominous a tone you can get. I'm not saying your wrong, but when you are sober I'd love a link, lol. I'd feel better about it then.

That tweet is from April 5 saying he's skating, I don't think you're going to get much more than that.

This was from yesterday per Andrew Gross:

Oh, and you're definitely right about that ominous tone Brendan had when he said that. I think the last game they might've said something different and/or on a national broadcast someone else (other than Bissonnette) mentioned him coming back.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Praying for Barzal to come back, but with playoffs starting within a week hard to hold out hope.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
That tweet is from April 5 saying he's skating, I don't think you're going to get much more than that.

This was from yesterday per Andrew Gross:

Oh, and you're definitely right about that ominous tone Brendan had when he said that. I think the last game they might've said something different and/or on a national broadcast someone else (other than Bissonnette) mentioned him coming back.

Awesome, I'll sleep easy now lol. Thanks!

Reactions: PK Cronin

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The organization has no reason to say he’s playing at this point (even if they know he is). Same goes for Romanov…
If Romanov is exerting himself, and isn't feeling ill effects, he's likely to be in soon.

Again, if what Barzal is dealing with is a soft tissue injury, the issues are regaining muscle, and making sure there isn't inflammation. I feel like this is one of the things that frustrates the heck out of fans, because it is actually unpredictable. Uncertain return times, and unpredictable rehabs are par for the course when there's sprains or partial tears. For all we know, it could be a 50/50 surgery situation, but the timeline for recovery by 2023-2024 made it such that there was no harm in delaying surgery.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
We need Romo asap....
Glad Barzy is back. All he has to do is make the Simple Play and Not Overthink and over handle the puck causing everyone to stop and watch.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad