Confirmed with Link: Barzal: Expected to play in Game 1

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
He was a step behind in a number of ways, as was expected. Clearly his decision making didn’t improve while watching the past 20+ games.

But is he mentally off/timing?

Or still physically not even close to being ready. He didn't skate AT ALL last night.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

Or still physically not even close to being ready. He didn't skate AT ALL last night.
I don't know there's a line to draw there. He was clearly rusty, and he's also still learning how to play the wing. You can tell he's holding himself back so he doesn't fly the zone or get too ahead of the play, which is understandable. When he played center, he would be close to the D on breakouts. It makes sense that he doesn't have the timing down.

It also doesn't really help when his opposite winger's breakout move is to go past the redline and look to redirect a pass as a dump-in. I really don't think Lee is a great fit.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Maybe, but some of what was on display was also there pre-injury. Same issues, same pattern.

Reactions: MJF

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Fun fact: it’s ‘champing at the bit’
Originally yes, but "chomping at the bit" has been used for over a century, and has the same implication of a horse biting down on their lead, so I think it's fair to say either is correct.

But either way one prefers, hopefully Barzal has shaken off the rust now, and can generate more chances tonight.

Reactions: doublechili

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Originally yes, but "chomping at the bit" has been used for over a century, and has the same implication of a horse biting down on their lead, so I think it's fair to say either is correct.

But either way one prefers, hopefully Barzal has shaken off the rust now, and can generate more chances tonight.

Lots of fans of Billions I see.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

I'm literally chomping at the bit in anticipation of tonight's game. :deadhorse

• Haha
Reactions: Seph

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Never seen it, tbh. Is there a relevant scene worth looking up?

The mildest of spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the show that has been out for six seasons.

Can't find the earlier exchange in the show but Paul Giamatti's character is talking with his attorney prior to this scene, practicing his speech, and they have a discussion about which phrase to use. The Giamatti's character is emphatic that the origin is "champing at the bit" but the attorney says New Yorkers don't care and to use "chomping at the bit" because it will feel more authentic to the common man. The conclusion is the result below.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
The mildest of spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the show that has been out for six seasons.

Can't find the earlier exchange in the show but Paul Giamatti's character is talking with his attorney prior to this scene, practicing his speech, and they have a discussion about which phrase to use. The Giamatti's character is emphatic that the origin is "champing at the bit" but the attorney says New Yorkers don't care and to use "chomping at the bit" because it will feel more authentic to the common man. The conclusion is the result below.

Excellent show...until axe left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad