Barys Astana 2013/2014 season talk

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
The game with Dinamo Moscow was a test of the moral and volitional qualities of Barys.
Russian experts like Mayorov and Gimaev didn't take Barys seriously and said that the team just didn't meet strong opponents yet. And they had their reasons cause SKA has beaten Barys.
Now the main question is how long Barys can play on this level?
Well I think even if Barys slows down it will get 4th or even 3rd position on the East. And thus they will more chances to go further in playoff games

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
first D pairing: Lundin (+13) - Litvinenko (+8)
second D pairing: Savchenko (-1) - Lakiza (-1)

As much as I like Barys' offence, I'm afraid a real contender cannot afford a D-pairing with a negative +/-

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
first D pairing: Lundin (+13) - Litvinenko (+8)
second D pairing: Savchenko (-1) - Lakiza (-1)

As much as I like Barys' offence, I'm afraid a real contender cannot afford a D-pairing with a negative +/-
Also notice their poor PK. It's one of the worst in the league, on pair with Avangard and Vityaz.
There's still a lot of work for them to do, that is sure.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
What are the chances that Barys seizes the opportunity and picks up Bondarev from waivers? It would be awesome on so many levels. Instant help on third pairing and chances to hold him around for couple of seasons and return to national team as well. Make it happen!

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Barys vs MMG

This is going to be very interesting game. Most scoring team vs. most scoring pair
Will Barys be able to neutralize Zaripov & Mozyakin? Don't think so.
IMO there will be many goals in this match, especially if Zhaylauov-Antropov-Panshin will take lead.

P.S. Zhaylauov looks like a little boy when stands next to Antropov :)

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
So we are about halfway through the season and Barys is sitting in second in the east, 1 point behind AK Bars with 1 game in hand. Can Barys keep up this play for the second half of the season? I'm thinking they finish top 3 in the east and get through 2 rounds in the playoffs. It's awesome seeing them play so well after always being treated like trash by the russian media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad