Barys Astana 2013/2014 season talk

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
IMHO Barys Astana have won of the best offense to offer in the whole KHL. It's just pure pleasure to see guys like Boyd, Bochenski, Zhailauov etc.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Well, Barys isn't SKA. Its 1st line would be 3rd at best on SKA.

You can't say it like this. I think the 1st line of Barys as 1st/2nd line of SKA would barely mean any loss of quality. These guys are just incredibly strong. And to me it appears as if SKA has so many good forwards that the number of the lines doesn't play a big role as even SKA's 4th line can roll over any opponent!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Also Antropov played his first game - on a 4th line... managed an assist on nice Rakhmanov's goal. Gratton, who sticks out like sore thumb on this roster, is relegated to stands for good.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Can't wait today's play with Medvescak

Found a great quotation about Barys in russian forum:
"You enjoy all games with Barys and it doesn't matter if they win or don't"

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
New Barys logo and jersey could be helpfull though.
It seems like child work from 1980s...

or Picasso :)

PicassoGuernica.jpg

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
After the game with Dinamo Minsk the head coach of Barys, Ari-Pekka Selin said that he is surprised that his team is one of KHL leaders. He was obviously upset with the quality of Barys' play.
Well if a coach is disappointed with something it means he is going to improve it. It inspires optimism that we will see better results in future :)

398px-Ari-Pekka_Selin.jpg

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Yeah, I kinda see where he comes from, as Barys could improve a lot defensively. Though if you can outscore the opponent by a couple of goals per game....

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Yeah, I kinda see where he comes from, as Barys could improve a lot defensively. Though if you can outscore the opponent by a couple of goals per game....

If Barys want to have a decent postseason, they cannot rely on that. If they don't improve their D they will never get passed conference semis.

Right now they're leading the league in GF (51, 4 more than mighty SKA who even played one game more), but are only 15th in GA (26). Ak Bars, Torpedo, Magnitka, Sibir, Nefte and SYu allowed less goals so far. And being Ahonen a decent goalie, they really should work on their D....

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Barys become a leader

Yesterday Spartak effectively isolated Boyd, Bochensky and Dowes but this wasn't enough.

They should have isolate Zherdev too :laugh:

seeep

Mar 13, 2011
according to IIHF Bochenski can only play for Kazakhstan NT since WC2015 (only if he will play for Barys in season 14/15)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad