Recalled/Assigned: Bartkowski Recalled (5/9)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
anyone wanting to let go of boychuk is nuts. unreal hitter, an absolute bomb from the point, more please.

Solid guy, but way over-hyped here. Too expensive for what he brings (or doesnt bring). Every Bruins dman hits hard (w/ exception of Hamilton). He does have a hard shot but he mostly drives it into opposing players shin pads, he is the absolute worst of the B's dmen in getting shots through the crowd. And while we all appreciate bone crushing open ice hits, how often does he really connect on those? (4 or 5 a season?) It's an easy call if Im GM, cap trouble, sionara Boychuk.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I dont think it's Boychuk hate as much as "I'd rather keep this player over him" or "trade Boychuk for some assets so we can re-sign our key players".

While he's a steady top 4 dman...at his salary, it might be too much to keep him.

acr*

Does Claude Julien get some kind of twisted satisfaction out of embarrassing highly-touted rookies in the playoffs?

In 2008 he benched Kessel for Jeremy Reich

In 2011, Seguin only got to play when someone got injured and he didn't have another option

Now Hamilton is apparently getting the shaft here. In fairness, it could be a left/right handedness thing, but I don't get why the kid who couldn't crack the roster for most of the year gets the promotion in the playoffs and the kid who was here and impressing fans for the majority of the season is sitting out.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Does Claude Julien get some kind of twisted satisfaction out of embarrassing highly-touted rookies in the playoffs?

In 2011, Seguin only got to play when someone got injured and he didn't have another option

Now Hamilton is apparently getting the shaft here. In fairness, it could be a left/right handedness thing, but I don't get why the kid who couldn't crack the roster for most of the year gets the promotion in the playoffs and the kid who was here and impressing fans for the majority of the season is sitting out.

Seemed to work out well when we previously did it...and why is it considered an embarrassment???

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

He does, it think it goes back to his AHL days, a high drafted rookie must have taken his job somewhere down the line.

On the flip side.. he LOVES giving responsibility to lower drafted rookies: Marchand, Caron, Bitz, Bartowski, Hunwick, Lucic, Krejci, etc.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Well Im going to go against what most people assume here but if I think our defense 4-7 is about the weakest part of this team now and I don't think we can afford to lose our 3 without a replacement from the outside . Just to clarify I don't really think its bad but I think this is a very solid put together team with defenseman speed being the weakest part. Obviously Hamilton has it but he is a work in progress--when he can be a 3 Johnny would become more expendable.

acr*

He does, it think it goes back to his AHL days, a high drafted rookie must have taken his job somewhere down the line.

On the flip side.. he LOVES giving responsibility to lower drafted rookies: Marchand, Caron, Bitz, Bartowski, Hunwick, Lucic, Krejci, etc.
Yeah, that's the odd part.

Gotta scratch Hamilton because he's a rookie with no experience and has to learn how to ramp his game up.

So let's call up an even less-experienced rookie!

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Yeah, that's the odd part.

Gotta scratch Hamilton because he's a rookie with no experience and has to learn how to ramp his game up.

So let's call up an even less-experienced rookie!

This is a guy that wouldn't put Seguin with Bergeron for 2+ seasons, but started Jordan Caron next to him in his first NHL game.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

No, he's trying to win hockey games, not appease armchair coaches.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Again Im not going to be popular here but Tyler was doing nothing that would get him in the line up at playoff time the 1st year until he actually got in. Kessel I really didn't agree with the decision. Hamilton I 100 percent agree with --he has easily been the biggest problem defensively now for quite a while.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004

Claude always opts for the safer route, for better or worse. Kessel, Seguin, and Dougie all have or had high-risk/high-reward aspects of their games. Julien seems to prefer the no-risk/little or no-reward approach it seems. It's why we saw Pandolfo for however many games this season instead of one of the kids in Providence. Pandolfo provided no offense at all, but he also didn't make many mistakes.

Just comes with the territory that is Claude at this point.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Didn't he start with Kessel and Seguin and then switch it up after the team struggled- benching both of them sure seemed to turn things around. . . and the one game Hamilton was in this round was their worst. I wouldn't be so quick to lynch him for these calls, so far they've played out for him.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Again Im not going to be popular here but Tyler was doing nothing that would get him in the line up at playoff time the 1st year until he actually got in. Kessel I really didn't agree with the decision. Hamilton I 100 percent agree with --he has easily been the biggest problem defensively now for quite a while.

I agree.

Seguin wasn't as useful on the depth chart until injuries struck. I hope Redden's injury isn't anything significant and I suspect we are getting Bart because he shoots left and Julien already learned the hard way that a total line juggle spells disaster.

Bart is okay although not sure how I will like him and Mcquaid together. I suspect the defensive be ch could get shortened if needed.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I don't mind this at all. Bartkowski will be our fastest defencemen and can actually skate it out of d-zone. I think his skills will match up well against the leafs. I also thought he played really well for the most part during his call-ups this year.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

He actually let Marchand ride pine in the 2010 playoffs while Trent Whitfield drew into the lineup.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Funny how looking back can distort things.

Hey, no doubt, Marchand didn't put up any points in the 20 reg season games he played(Ok, 1A). But he still had the potential to put up points, something that Whitfield didn't and they went with him for 4 straight games which were all losses.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Hey, no doubt, Marchand didn't put up any points in the 20 reg season games he played(Ok, 1A). But he still had the potential to put up points, something that Whitfield didn't and they went with him for 4 straight games which were all losses.

And if he'd played and hadn't scored a point (which was probably what would have happened), Julien would have gotten **** for it. Not playing Marchand was not the difference in that series.

There were plenty here who thought Marchand was worthless. Revisionist history is rampant.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
And if he'd played and hadn't scored a point (which was probably what would have happened), Julien would have gotten **** for it. Not playing Marchand was not the difference in that series.

There were plenty here who thought Marchand was worthless. Revisionist history is rampant.

Good lord, I was pointing out another situation where a rookie with potential didn't get into the lineup over an AHL at best guy.

No one has a problem tooting CJ's horn for sitting those guys in the playoffs and using that as the reason they had great years the following seasons.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What a stupid move by Julien. Hamilton has been there for you, for majority of the year. We need his offensive rushes/pinches, and on the PP, it should be him out there as the prime QB, not Chara nor Ference.

Julien better get it and play Hamilton next game and bench Bartowski

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Julien seems to prefer defense above all else, scoring goals is not that important

that is why guys like Hamilton and Soderberg are watching from above as we score 1 goal per game :shakehead :help:

TheProfessional

May 28, 2011
should have had bart on the PP instead of ference, hes faster and better with the puck. no doubt he plays it in providence so why put someone on the PP who hasnt played it all year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad